• Raised $390 of $700 target

List all of the Trade Offers the Hawks recieve

WraithSentinel

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

I agree with Sekou Smith. In one of his blogs he said that 99% of the deals discussed on the internet were never on the table in the first place, so we can't say with any certainty what we should have done because we don't know if it was ever a possibility.

Nobody on this board defends BK more than KB. He agrees with every move BK makes. KB said that Bernie Mullin said in a season ticket holders meeting that Nene/Lenard was available for Al at the deadline.

Sheridan is an ESPN writer with sources in the league. He said the Nene/Watson 3 way almost happened.

If you don't consider those to be reliable sources then there is no such thing as a reliable source in your mind.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Had the Hawks got Nene, there would not have been many teams who could have offered a decent contract.

I disagree. If the Hawks had've traded for Nene, then the Chicago's and New Orlean's would have had a field day.

Why? Because they would have been convinced based on the Maryland judge's decision that Atlanta couldn't afford to match a high offer. (Chicago might have even bid on Nene before Wallace, thinking they had a better chance).

They would have offered a deal that was frontloaded like the JJ deal was, which would have required the Hawks' ownership to pay some $20M upfront. We all know that the AS wouldn't have matched that deal.

So, while acquiring Nene might have been the best deal in February, it would most certainly have been a disaster in July.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Also, let me add that, had the judge not ruled as he did, the Hawks might very well have extended an offer sheet to Nene (renouncing Al, of course).

He was never on the market. Denver signed him to keep him off the market.

I seriously doubt any team would construct such a contract as you describe for NeNe (he's not JJ), among the two I don't think Chicago could, and we simply match (not being like Pheonix who would be over the cap) and force a better return than a lotto protected pick (if Pheonix can "bluff" and win so can we).

W