• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Harrington Statements

Diesel

• Premium Member

Quote:

"Money is good and all the stuff that comes along with it is fine, but I want to be back in the playoffs and back on national TV and back with a franchise that wins basketball games," Harrington said Tuesday after learning his trade from Atlanta to the Indiana Pacers had become official. "I missed that the last two years, and now I'm going back to what I know."

• Moderators

Quote:

"I definitely look at it like Indiana got over on Atlanta," Harrington said by phone from Las Vegas, where he has been working out this summer. "I don't care what anybody says, a draft pick can't replace 19 and seven (Harrington's scoring and rebounding averages from last season). When you talk about winning and going to the next level, you can't say one thing and do another. That's just how I feel."

Nice parting shot. It will be interesting to see if the Pacers are any good.

He is upset cause he knows he could have gotten the best contract by resigning with the Hawks. He like Lue and JJ wanted to be here. Unlike Lue and JJ the feelings werent mutual from the Hawks brass. I cant blame him for those comments.

Quote:

Quote:

"Money is good and all the stuff that comes along with it is fine, but I want to be back in the playoffs and back on national TV and back with a franchise that wins basketball games," Harrington said Tuesday after learning his trade from Atlanta to the Indiana Pacers had become official. "I missed that the last two years, largely because my own deficiencies caused us to lose a lot of games, and now I'm going back to what I know."

Fixed his quote.

Quote:

I have no problem with his comments. I think he has every right to feel that way.

Hopefully he has come to realize that a team isn't going to make the playoffs because of him. He needs to realize he isn't that good... He's a crappy defensive player and a crappy rebounder to boot. His athletic ability isn't all that impressive either.

Atleast it isn't as good as you would think.

Quote:

Quote:

"Money is good and all the stuff that comes along with it is fine, but I want to be back in the playoffs and back on national TV and back with a franchise that wins basketball games," Harrington said Tuesday after learning his trade from Atlanta to the Indiana Pacers had become official. "I missed that the last two years, and now I'm going back to what I know."

I think we've got just as good a team as Indy right now.

This is what he really felt:

"Money is the best thing in the world and all the stuff that comes along with it is fine, but I got screwed being at the wrong place at the wrong time," Harrington said Tuesday after learning his trade from Atlanta to the Indiana Pacers had become official. "I will miss that the next few years because the Pacers suck, and now I'm going back to watching the playoffs on TV again. Unfortunately I'll be watching the Hawks."

Quote:

I have no problem with his comments. I think he has every right to feel that way.

Yeah of course he has the right to feel whatever way he wants to feel, but his comments also seem kind of resentful towards the Hawks and his time spent here. IMO he'd have been much better served to just be gracious and cool about the whole thing, and thank the Hawks for the opportunity he received here. Because he did receive a golden opportunity from the Hawks. He got the chance to become a fulltime starter, a big scorer, and all that adds up to eventually receiving a big payday.

So keep the negative comments to yourself, and just show a little class, grace, and gratitude for the blessings which you have earned and been given. IMO you can never go wrong that way.

I don't like Al as a player, but he seemed like a decent guy while he was here in a situation that wasn't that easy.

He sounded like he resented being traded for only a 1st round pick. I think this bothered him not just because he felt he was worth more than that.

I think he also felt bad for the team he was leaving behind. He felt like they deserved more help from the deal.

that is just my opinion though.