• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Evaluate the offseason

Lascar78

I feel the exact same way today that I did in August. I voted F then...and it hasn't changed. My comments then are the same now. Signing a career back up with a long history of injuries did not have the feel of solving our PG woes. Shelden is still a stiff, Lo isn't any good.

If this doesn't gt BK canned he has a lifetime contract.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Walter

Quote:

I feel the exact same way today that I did in August. I voted F then...and it hasn't changed. My comments then are the same now. Signing a career back up with a long history of injuries did not have the feel of solving our PG woes. Shelden is still a stiff, Lo isn't any good.

...and not nearly critical enough. Maybe I need to be more real about this team's prospects than I already am if I am to get it 100% right. Kudos TP. I was surprised at the "F" vote even, but you were dead on.

W

Quote:

I voted F. Speedy is 10x wors than I ever thought he could be. He deserves to be fired for this. If we had no one instead of him, we may be in the chase right now. Lo played for a couple of weeks and gave up.

Solomon is a great pick. He needs to play more. Especially now.

Shelden could at least be Hendu like if we had a coach. That's the issue. Why keep the coach that prevents your lineup from winning? It makes no sense. Do these guys have any pride?

I could live with it I guess if BK got some and fired Woody.

Guest Walter

Quote:

I don't see how you could possibly say Shelden's unathletic. He's not explosive vertically, but he's a hell of an athlete. Who in that rookie class is stronger? He's also very quick. I have concerns with his height, but his athleticism is basically the reason we drafted him.

It hurts me. What a misjudgement! SW the uber-athelete?

W

• Moderators

I liked the Speedy signing and thought the Lo signing was fine. I did not predict the decline they had this season.

Speedy

7.48 PER versus low over the last four seasons of 15.9 PER

Lo

6.35 PER versus previous career low of 12.19 PER

I still like those signings if we get even the worst of these guy's seasons over the previous 4 years. Instead, we got their career worst seasons. I still don't blame anyone who expected better from them and I hold out some hope that Speedy can rebound towards his normal performance rather than the crap fest he has provided to us this year.

Speedy is NOT rebounding and we need to accept that fact. He is who he is at this point. He isn't even an NBA guard at this point. This isn't a slump it the new reality. And LO is done as well.

Speedy no longer has the speed to penetrate. He certainly can't shoot. End of Speedy.

• Moderators

Quote:

Speedy is NOT rebounding and we need to accept that fact. He is who he is at this point. He isn't even an NBA guard at this point. This isn't a slump it the new reality. And LO is done as well.

Speedy no longer has the speed to penetrate. He certainly can't shoot. End of Speedy.

Here is his PER the last five seasons:

2002-03 15.9

2003-04 17.3

2004-05 15.9

2005-06 16.2

2006-07 7.5

Why would you assume he can't rebound to his previous level of performance?

Quote:

Reach for an unathletic stiff at #5, add a career backup and injury prone player to be your starting PG, re-sign an aging stiff to man the middle with his best years well in the past...and give away Harrington for a lotto protected pick. BK couldn't even get an unprotected pick. Yeah, great offseason for a team that has won 39 games in two years.

bowdown.gif

You got proof.