• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Which Squawker most likely to be A.S. Spy.

Diesel

And I'm offended that I couldn't conceivably be a mole. I thought being a Poobah counted for something around here.

BTW I voted for Dr. Z due to his impeccable grammar, very suspicious.

I know some of the owners have come on to the forum before, but it's quite funny if anyone seriously thinks they have a mole on Hawksquawk.

I voted for myself. With more than the usual negativity going around the Hawks since right before the draft. I am seeing myself coming off as one of the biggest Homers on here. I see myself more as a realist. I like to stay that middle ground. I had to taken the Homer stance recently. It is something I don't like.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I voted for myself. With more than the usual negativity going around the Hawks since right before the draft. I am seeing myself coming off as one of the biggest Homers on here. I see myself more as a realist. I like to stay that middle ground. I had to taken the Homer stance recently. It is something I don't like.

I feel EXACTLY the same way. I used to be one of the more pessimistic posters on here (in my own mind, at least).

Yeah, I feel like the Hawks are receiving so much unjustified hate lately that I feel inclined to defend their point of view on almost any move they've made. I just feel like BK has done a solid job, put together a young team that's fun to watch and likeable, and preserved salary cap flexibility, etc.

Overall that's pretty good. Not perfect, but certainly not worthy of being perceived as one of the very worst GM's in the league. I bet a ton of GM's would love to take over this roster right now because we've got everything a rebuilding team needs--young talent, cap space, attractive assets, etc.

So I just can't understand why BK gets blasted so much, not only by our fans but also by the national media. I think it's just because we are an easy target right now. Even if we make the playoffs next season, the headlines all year will talk about how big a surprise the "lowly Hawks" have been, etc.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Pretty much everything he said is how I felt during this whole process. Don't take on a contract unless the team improves with that player or players. Just because a team has caproom doesn't mean they should waste it right away. That is what most teams do in the NBA. Get caproom and then destroy it soon as they get it. The saga is over with. Time to get Lo sign and prepare for the season. Hopefully a playoff season. I want our pick to be much worser than Suns Fans expect it to be.

Quote:

Fact is Marvin and Smoove are going to make Al yesterday news.

Quote:

Pacers are lock for the playoffs. This is good for us. We will get the pick. Thank goodness the East is still weak.

About the trade...

Quote:

Well we do need to get a young PG in next year draft. Speedy is the answer for 2-3 years. Someone will need to take over then.

Quote:

Some of you were about to have a heart attack by how Shelden played his first 3 games. He came back with 3 very solid games in a row. It is just a matter of him getting his timing down and adjust to the pace of the NBA.

Quote:

Believe it or not Chill has become very popular around over this past season. It took awhile for many fans to warm up to him, myself included.

Quote:

The praise is necessary when we got some on here that were calling him a bust or hinting toward it after his first few games. The praise is needed to offset the "Shelden is a bust" crowd.

I'm going to start calling HawksChSmMa.... Spinmaster..

And unsurprisingly enough, it's KB21 in a runaway! sm-LOL.gif

Quote:

LOL. I like the fact that I made a list of any sort on this forum.

Same here. This is the first mention I've ever gotten in any poll, and I'm deeply, deeply touched. 229031_cry.GIF

Thanks Diesel, you da man! 229031_jammin.GIF