• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

AL Harrington on Corey Magette Trade

Rexhawk

In a recent AJC or Indianapolis Star article, Harrington stated that the Indiana dealed happened because the Corey Magette trade failed. Basically, the Warriors did not want him in the rumored trade earlier this week.

This proves that the three team trade was the hawk's first option. They would rather have an aging Joe Smith opposed to mid level draft pick (11-20).

This season will be russian roulette. We will play all of our young players. Either they will become stars or we will be in position to draft a star in Greg Oden.

• Premium Member

Quote:

In a recent AJC or Indianapolis Star article, Harrington stated that the Indiana dealed happened because the Corey Magette trade failed. Basically, the Warriors did not want him in the rumored trade earlier this week.

This proves that the three team trade was the hawk's first option. They would rather have an aging Joe Smith opposed to mid level draft pick (11-20).

This season will be russian roulette. We will play all of our young players. Either they will become stars or we will be in position to draft a star in Greg Oden.

Rumor has it that THIS trade would have landed the Hawks Joe Smith AND two first rounders.

But another team didn't go through with it. Also turns out that Harrington wasn't THAT interested in Indiana.

Quote:

Our pick this upcoming season is top 3 protected so if we land with the first pick we will get Oden.

Too bad the Hawks picked the wrong years to suck. Outside of an Orlandoesque miracle in the lottery, if the Hawks really are bad enough to get the first pick then there is a huge, huge problem with the current roster.

I don't think the Hawks will be as bad as past years, but it is still going to be really difficult to make the playoffs unless the youngster continue to show meaningful improvement.

Overall though, I am not worried about the playoffs this year - but if they can't make the playoffs next year Billy and Woodson need to hit the road!

• Premium Member

I should add that at least one of those first rounders belonged to Dallas, so it's a glorified 2nd rounder.

Still, I think this is what the Hawks were trying to do:

1. Dunleavy to LAC

2. Maggette to Denver

3. Harrington to GS

4. Joe Smith to Atl, first round pick(s)

Reportedly, the deal broke off because of Donald Sterling's hesitation...

That's the only deal I've seen that is better than what the Hawks actually got. It makes sense from the Hawks point of view because Joe Smith only has a year left on his deal. The pick wouldn't be as high as the one we are getting from Indiana, but having two picks would have given the Hawks a means of adding great depth to the team.