• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Hawks need for a Center

gsuteke

Guest Walter

Hell, BK said he wouldn't listen to the fans, believing no good idea could come from anyone but himself.

How is this "poll" news? It just highlights the fact that while BK would never listen to anyone but himself, he's still getting it wrong.

W

Quote:

Hell, BK said he wouldn't listen to the fans, believing no good idea could come from anyone but himself.

How is this "poll" news? It just highlights the fact that while BK would never listen to anyone but himself, he's still getting it wrong.

W

Walter I'm messing with you. come on man lighten up grin.gif

That is funny, but it makes me wonder myself.

The owners did a promotion for this website and Real GM last year. They posted messages stating that they are interested in what we have to say. I don't think they look to us for trade ideas, but in some small way this message board influences the owners.

Well I think all GMs / owners stay aware of what the general fan feelings are. I am sure that they listen to fans a lot in terms of how to improve game-night experience and things of that nature. I hope they don't listen to fans when it comes to building a winning basketball team. If they listened to casual fans, true rebuilds would never happen because no one wants to see losing.

Speaking of which, didn't some of the half time entertainment blow?

I liked when they had the kids play basketball, but hated it when they had glorified circus acts. I think they need to do more competitive stuff like having people get dizzy and try to shoot a layup or a pie eating contest.

What about a father-son layup contest with kids under 5? The dads have to lift the son up in the air to either dunk or shoot the ball, that would be some fine entertainment.

No need to spend big money on Chul Li to spin a thousand plates on her head.

LOL @ teke. You're going to give the guy a heart attack.

But dang, I can't resist . .

Playoff teams who functioned last year without a good center:

Phoenix - unless you count Diaw or Tim Thomas as being good centers . . lol. Phoenix basically played with 3 forwards and 2 guards the entire year.

Dallas - the ultimate 2-headed monster in the post. One could defend against average centers, but provide virtually no offense. The other could do a little of both, but not very well and not on a consistent basis.

LA Lakers - the "great" Kwame Brown . . . nuff said

Chicago - Chandler at least blocked shots and rebounded the ball, but not much else. And you see where that got him.

Washington - The "monster" Brendan Haywood and Etan "the Hulk" Thomas struck fear in the hearts of Eastern Conference opponents.

Indiana - Jeff Foster is a small step above ZaZa. But maybe this isn't fair since JO plays the center position too

Milwaukee - Magloire played so well for the Bucks, that it earned him a quick ticked out of Mill-town. Now Bogut can finally prove if he's ready to be the next good center in this league.

New Jersey - maybe not fair to put them here either, seeing that Nenad Kristic can shoot the 15 foot jumper. Defensively, he's garbage, but he does provide offense.

Quote:

LOL @ teke. You're going to give the guy a heart attack.

But dang, I can't resist . .

Playoff teams who functioned last year without a good center:

Phoenix - unless you count Diaw or Tim Thomas as being good centers . . lol. Phoenix basically played with 3 forwards and 2 guards the entire year.

Dallas - the ultimate 2-headed monster in the post. One could defend against average centers, but provide virtually no offense. The other could do a little of both, but not very well and not on a consistent basis.

LA Lakers - the "great" Kwame Brown . . . nuff said

Chicago - Chandler at least blocked shots and rebounded the ball, but not much else. And you see where that got him.

Washington - The "monster" Brendan Haywood and Etan "the Hulk" Thomas struck fear in the hearts of Eastern Conference opponents.

Indiana - Jeff Foster is a small step above ZaZa. But maybe this isn't fair since JO plays the center position too

Milwaukee - Magloire played so well for the Bucks, that it earned him a quick ticked out of Mill-town. Now Bogut can finally prove if he's ready to be the next good center in this league.

New Jersey - maybe not fair to put them here either, seeing that Nenad Kristic can shoot the 15 foot jumper. Defensively, he's garbage, but he does provide offense.

Considering the year all of the above centers had, this is a fair list. Magloire is only a reach on what he has done in the past. But last year he tanked, period.