• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAn we handle another non-playoff season.....

Wurider05

I am really starting to realize that this probably the most important season ever for Atlanta. There are alot of questions that must be answered this season because if we are not in playoff contention than some major changes need to be made. Among the queestions that must be answered is:

1. Can JJ be the superstar/leader we need him to be?

2. Can Marvin become worthy of being the second pick if he gets the minutes.

3. Can Josh Smith take his game to another level?

4. Will ZAZA/CHillz improve their production?

*all these things are quite possible*

The excuse that we are young just won't cut it anymore. We are young because we want to be. We are young because that is the path that BK chose for the team. So that can't be an excuse this year and should not be used a crutch. I know that we are not a championship caliber team (maybe 07-08 season)but the losing has got to stop. People laugh at me because I am a Hawks fan. My wife cracks jokes such " did the Hawks make the playoffs or "that coach (Woodson) looks confused". This madness has got to end!!!! We got to make the playoff or be a 9th seed in the east.

The Hawks can absolutely handle another season without making the playoffs, as long as they make the type of progress that I expect them to make. The only time changes should be made is if no progress is made. If the Hawks improve to the 35-40 wins plateau, then that is significant progress for this team.

Would I like to see the Hawks make the playoffs? Yes, I would. I don't want to see them sacrafice the future just to make a playoff run though.

The youth of this team is still a very valid reason why they will probably top out around 35-40 wins this season, but the youth of this team is also the reason why this team will be a championship contender when they gain the experience they need.

I think we'll still have some growing pains this year, mainly because we've introduced a new pg to the team in Claxton. Once he gets into the mix I think we can start to see the potential of our team. Looking back at the last few years, we've introduced so many new faces that we had absolutely no semblance of a team. Kinda like Team USA...

It's kind of an odd question if you think about it. What does not handling another losing season mean?

Are we still the youngest team in the league? If not we're close. Youth isn't an excuse, it's a reality. Players who are 20-23 years old just have a lot to learn, is that an excuse?

I hope our team shows that we are one major move and a couple roster tweaks away from being a dominant team. Best case scenario we have two young guys that look like stars.

I think this season for the Hawks could very well be similar to last season for the Orlando Magic. On March 6th, Orlando was 20-40. They finished the season with a 16-6 record though to go 36-46 on the year. They really started to come together as a team once they dumped Steve Francis off on the Knicks. Now, Orlando is seen as a team that is an up and coming team that may make the playoffs this year.

I think Atlanta could have a similar season this year. The Hawks don't have a Steve Francis that they have to get rid of, but they still have to overcome their lack of experience overall.

I believe this team will finally "get it" sometime around the all star break, and it will finish strong. They may not make the playoffs, but a strong finish will give them a lot of momentum going into the offseason and for next year.

I think this team projects to miss the playoffs. I expect about 36 wins. We're so young that we will expect to make it the following year, with that type of improvement, even without major moves.

I think it's possible for the team to win up to 44 games if everyone hits his upper level of expected production. That is a heckuva long shot, though. We could win as few as 30 games if a few guys underachieve or 20 if Joe has an unfortunate injury. Those are all low percentage possibilities.