• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's just make it a poll

Guest Walter

...the individual responsible remains. BK is still making decisions for this team and as long as that continues this franchise will never have a contender. If nothing else he's a bad finisher and during his tenure here he couldn't even draft well or correctly, even refusing to tryout the top picks prior to a promise to somebody who wasn't. That's a terrible middle reliever and a bad finisher.

I don't think anyone has ever traded the year's MIP & passed on the year's ROY inthe span of 3 months. BK has and I believe he's passed on this years ROY which would be utterly remarkable. Regardless, he can't build a team he's only good at destroying them. We're past that point. Time to look for a beautiful (GM) mind elsewhere.

I just don't want this guy to keep snowing people into continued faith-based belief he's so much wiser than any of us and is gonna wrap this mess he created up into a title contending team. Every single piece of evidence, in this case the fact that no matter how you sell the SW pick it was wrong, does nothing to resolve our needs, and after trading Al for Peanuts, stands in the way of MW and JS starting, should be uncovered. People may still choose to ignore it, but this guy, after this offseason, is flat out killing us towards mediocrity.

W

• Premium Member

Quote:

...the individual responsible remains. BK is still making decisions for this team and as long as that continues this franchise will never have a contender. If nothing else he's a bad finisher and during his tenure here he couldn't even draft well or correctly, even refusing to tryout the top picks prior to a promise to somebody who wasn't. That's a terrible middle reliever and a bad finisher.

I don't think anyone has ever traded the year's MIP & passed on the year's ROY inthe span of 3 months. BK has and I believe he's passed on this years ROY which would be utterly remarkable. Regardless, he can't build a team he's only good at destroying them. We're past that point. Time to look for a beautiful (GM) mind elsewhere.

I just don't want this guy to keep snowing people into continued faith-based belief he's so much wiser than any of us and is gonna wrap this mess he created up into a title contending team. Every single piece of evidence, in this case the fact that no matter how you sell the SW pick it was wrong, does nothing to resolve our needs, and after trading Al for Peanuts, stands in the way of MW and JS starting, should be uncovered. People may still choose to ignore it, but this guy, after this offseason, is flat out killing us towards mediocrity.

W

What if you are wrong? What would you do?

Quote:

How hard is that? What's the big deal with being wrong? I should ask what you mean by "wrong"? If we make the 2nd rd, 3rd rd of the playoffs with "this" team am I "wrong"? I'd say those are fair although the 3rd rd would be a definate "wrong" on my part as I consider that contending. I don't find making the playoffs with this team an indication of me being "wrong".

BTW, do you believe (not hope) this team will contend for a title remotely as constructed?

I don't believe I am wrong and I am not afraid to say it. I can look at BK's history as the losingest GM perhaps in all of sports and be supported enough, but honestly I believe it's the way he goes about his business (arrogant to an extreme fault) and the type of returns aside from wins and loses that tell more. We have a mess of a team with all our young talent at the forward positions. We have it despite proven better players and/or prospects available in the draft at other positions of need. He trades a MIP and passes on ROY in 2 months. May have passed on ROY this year. This all looks very bad and while that may not be enough to convict for everyone, BK didn't start out innocent until proven guilty. Has he ever had a winning season as GM?

You don't have to agree and you don't have to like it but this guy isn't even doing well what he was supposedly brought in to do, acquire talent. With a 21, 17, 2, 5, & 6, Philly's, and next year's top pick, SAR, Theo, Rasheed, Antione Walker, Diaw, Al, and JT to trade, and more cap space than a team can possibly hope to have, a blind monkey could have as much if not more talent, particularly at more positions, than BK has amassed.

W

Quote:

BTW, do you believe (not hope) this team will contend for a title remotely as constructed?

Not sure what this means. A lot of the great teams make major changes to their "construction." Detroit added 3 of 5 starters in a short time span while they went from a 50 win team to a championship team.

My hope is more that we have 2-3 players that can take us to contention. I'm not worried how this next year's team is constructed because you can dramatically change or tweak a roster from year to year.

One could answer yes to your question because our team is constructed for flexibility. Any of our players could be traded fairly easily. A team that has multiple untradeable contracts is not constructed to contend because it's difficult to make major changes to their roster.

However, you aren't interested in financial flexibility, I'm sure. We have one of the league's lowest payrolls and youngest rosters. We are constructed to develop good players on the cheap.

Quote:

Quote:

How hard is that? What's the big deal with being wrong? I should ask what you mean by "wrong"? If we make the 2nd rd, 3rd rd of the playoffs with "this" team am I "wrong"? I'd say those are fair although the 3rd rd would be a definate "wrong" on my part as I consider that contending. I don't find making the playoffs with this team an indication of me being "wrong".

I don't believe I am wrong and I am not afraid to say it. I can look at BK's history as the losingest GM perhaps in all of sports and be supported enough, but honestly I believe it's the way he goes about his business (arrogant to an extreme fault) and the type of returns aside from wins and loses that tell more. We have a mess of a team with all our young talent at the forward positions. We have it despite proven better players and/or prospects available in the draft at other positions of need. He trades a MIP and passes on ROY in 2 months. May have passed on ROY this year. This all looks very bad and while that may not be enough to convict for everyone, BK didn't start out innocent until proven guilty. Has he ever had a winning season as GM?

You don't have to agree and you don't have to like it but this guy isn't even doing well what he was supposedly brought in to do, acquire talent. With a 21, 17, 2, 5, & 6, Philly's, and next year's top pick, SAR, Theo, Rasheed, Antione Walker, Diaw, Al, and JT to trade, and more cap space than a team can possibly hope to have, a blind monkey could have as much if not more talent, particularly at more positions, than BK has amassed.

W

Do you post as VICK75 or Tonabull on the Falcons board? My agenda detector is off the charts. You rarely talk about anything different. Seriously, it gets old. Relax and enjoy life, man.

Quote:

My hope is more that we have 2-3 players that can take us to contention. I'm not worried how this next year's team is constructed because you can dramatically change or tweak a roster from year to year.

My point is that we COULD have had an entire team capable of contention with the plethora of draft, trade, and cap capitol BK has had and unfortunately we can't significantly change our roster (like we could this offseason) because we won't have an impact draft pick, will have less cap space, no top FA to trade, and SW is not a valuable trade commodity. That leaves us with trading Childress alone or trading one of our "2-3 players...". Even if we sign a FA, it's likely we overpay, he's likely a RFA, and if he's an impact one we likely have to give up more and more picks like with JJ.

One could answer yes to your question because our team is constructed for flexibility. Any of our players could be traded fairly easily. A team that has multiple untradeable contracts is not constructed to contend because it's difficult to make major changes to their roster.

Quote:

Do you post as VICK75 or Tonabull on the Falcons board? My agenda detector is off the charts. You rarely talk about anything different. Seriously, it gets old. Relax and enjoy life, man.

Yes, my agenda is for the Hawks to be a contender. This is a Hawks' basketball forum. If I wanted to talk about medicine, politics, philosophy, music, pets, the weather, I would choose another website, right?

W

Quote:

Quote:

Yes, my agenda is for the Hawks to be a contender. This is a Hawks' basketball forum. If I wanted to talk about medicine, politics, philosophy, music, pets, the weather, I would choose another website, right?

W

And I am sure you could turn any one of those topics into Shelden/KB hate threads, too.

Quote:

My point is that we COULD have had an entire team capable of contention with the plethora of draft, trade, and cap capitol BK has had
and
unfortunately we can't significantly change our roster (like we could this offseason) because we won't have an impact draft pick, will have less cap space, no top FA to trade, and SW is not a valuable trade commodity. That leaves us with trading Childress alone or trading one of our "2-3 players...". Even if we sign a FA, it's likely we overpay, he's likely a RFA, and if he's an impact one we likely have to give up more and more picks like with JJ.

I guess any team COULD be capable of contention with 20/20 hindsight drafting/acquisitions.

Still, why couldn't we significantly change our roster, even now? Think of Detroit, traded Stack for Rip, drafted Prince in the late round, and sent out mostly scrubs for Sheed. We have enough players, draft picks, and capspace to still make big changes. That we can disagree on or not.

Quote:

I guess any team COULD be capable of contention with 20/20 hindsight drafting/acquisitions.

Still, why couldn't we significantly change our roster, even now? Think of Detroit, traded Stack for Rip, drafted Prince in the late round, and sent out mostly scrubs for Sheed. We have enough players, draft picks, and capspace to still make big changes. That we can disagree on or not.

We could also win the lottery. But the percentages are small that MJ will run off a player to us. Maybe MJ can be bought to become player/GM of Charlotte.

Al/Childress should have gotten us something of particular value to the team. It combines talent and a salary with a very good prospect. Our cap space could have made just about any deal happen for us. Just a great opportunity passed. Those don't come around all that often. I don't want BK making anymore major decisions for us, personally.

W

Quote:

I don't want BK making anymore major decisions for us, personally.

Is that a different question/point than if we are in position to make significant acquisitions for the team? There is no doubt in my mind that a team with no lengthy untradeable contracts and that is $8-10 million under the cap will have plenty of opportunities to make future acquisitions. What we have done with Al and our draft picks is in the past, it does not change the reality of the flexibility we have moving forward.