Royal Ivie, who we can expect to see a lot of in the

upcoming season:

TYRONN LUE

One of our few veterans. Has SEVERAL years experience

in the NBA. Capable of putting up some big numbers

when he has a hot hand. Can't just ignore him from

behind the 3 point line. Not an all star type player,

but more of a "Blue Collar" worker. Willing to do the

little, unnoticed things that can make the difference.

All parts of his game are pretty good. Not great, but

good. Dependable. A good player to have on your side.

We can expect him to get several minutes on the floor

in every game. Another one of those good guys on the

roster.

cool.gif

Quote:

If he played a modicum of defense I would be very happy with him as a back-up point guard.

you see I agree with that statement.

HOWEVER, if you read any write up on Lue it uses phrases like "tenacious defender."

HUH?

supposedly he played good defense for the Lakers from what I've read.

what's up with this guy? he looked like a liability to me on the court last year. confused.gif

Quote:

Quote:

If he played a modicum of defense I would be very happy with him as a back-up point guard.

HOWEVER, if you read any write up on Lue it uses phrases like "tenacious defender."

HUH?

what's up with this guy? he looked like a liability to me on the court last year. confused.gif

He played good defense for us too. I don't honestly know what people on here [censored] about it for. He is a decent defensive guard..especially for an undersized guard.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

HUH?

He played good defense for us too. I don't honestly know what people on here [censored] about it for. He is a decent defensive guard..especially for an undersized guard.

#s don't lie. Ivey played the first 6 minutes or so of the game, sometimes less, and he was gone. that left Lue for the most part.

We made players like Brevin Knight look like Hall of Famers last season.

• Moderators

Last year team defense was terrible. I guy like Lue can't hold his man on the perimeter forever because he is smaller than a lot of guards. When he gets around there has to someone to keep these guys out of the lane.

I like Lue. He is considered a tenacious defender because he gives maximum effort all game, all season.

I wasn't a fan of his when we got him but I like him now for one reason. He is clutch. He knows what he's doing, handles the ball well and can physically take a lot of punishment. I'd rather have him shooting a last second three than anyone else on the team except JJ (yes that includes Salim).

Quote:

Great shooter!

Agree PB...I think he led the team in 3-point shooting %age last year. As far as his defense, no great, but much of that has to do with the "no hand check" rule IMO. With that rule it is imperative that the team plays solid helping defense and doesn't just let the driver waltz down the lane to the basket. Hopefully we'll be better at team defense next year.

• Moderators

I love having Lue as a backup PG. He is a good scorer off the bench and does a good job (for a backup) running the offense. He doesn't make many mistakes. He isn't great on D but isn't terrible either. A very good backup, IMO.

He was our "starter" last year (look at his minutes and who finished the game rather than who was out there at the start of the game), and having him as a true backup this year will only help our team's depth and play at PG.

Good stuff.

Lue is the self proclaimed "best backup pointguard in the league." We will see how he measures up against that statement. I like the combo of Speedy&Lue as well. The Pg position is one reason we will win more games this year.