• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Least Favorite Hawks Alltime

Johnnybravo4

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Danny Manning - was in the midst of falling in love with the Hawks when we trade 'Nique to the Clips. And unfortunately it wasn't for the future rights to Elton Brand and Shaun Livingston.

2. Jon Koncak - I'm still wondering why he got paid.

That's enough right there.

3. Isiah/JR Rider - cancer = bad.

4. Dermarr Johnson - so much potential, so much unrealized.

4a. Dion Glover - see above.

4b. Roshown Mcleod - ah, the Duke curse.

4c. Ed Gray - where did management find these guys? And more importantly, who made the decision that they were worth drafting?

• Moderators

How you can put Koncak and not Rider I have no idea. Rider was easily the worst player ever to add to our team.

Koncak gets a bad rap because of his contract. He was a decent a player. Everyone is giving Diaw props for going for the money but it tarnishes Koncak 15 years after he quit.

Great topic.

Priest: He was drafted 28th. A 28th pick can't hurt a franchise unless signed to a large deal followed by injury or minimal production.

Ed Gray: See Priest.

Crawford: He has hurt us with his contract for $ but has he hurt us by stopping us from signing someone. I don't recall any. 2nd round pick. So, he hasn't hurt us with opportunity cost there.

Ramuel - Hasn't hurt us because we turned his short stop over into gold.

Konkak: Hurt us in our golden age. Ouch.

Henderson: Hurt us at crucial time.

Manning: Ouch. Hate the GM for that one. Not him.

Diaw: Not his fault. I'll blame the coach for lack of vision.

Demarr: That draft sucked so bad that we may be lucky that we never ended up signing him to a large deal only to repent later.

Big Dog: Has turned into big V for Bucks.

Isiah: Has set Hawks back many years. We couldn't even think about Artest for Al because we had scars from him. I don't see anyone topping him.

Koncak got all the hype when he was drafted and later we got suckered into giving him a huge contract. He never lived up to either the hype or the contract. So he makes my list. -- However, that doesn't mean he wasn't trying or couldn't play ... he just didn't meet expectations.

Koncak had a terrific playoff series against Milwaukee back in 1989 with 12.8 ppg, 9.8 rpg, 1.6 bpg. We lost the series 3-2 to a mediocre Bucks team. It capped a disappointing season from a stacked Hawks team (Wilkins, Malone, Theus, Rivers) partially due underachievement and partially due to an injury to starting PF Kevin Willis that put him out for the entire season (would've been best starting 5 in Hawks history).

Anyhow, Koncak was a free-agent that offseason, coming off a serious playoff performance as a 25 year-old center, a former #5 draft pick just now "coming into his own". We couldn't afford to lose him, since Malone was aging, especially not to division rival Detroit, who made Koncak a large (at the time) 6 year offer. Babcock matched it, making Koncak, a career 4 ppg center, the 3rd highest player on the team (later 2nd highest after Malone left).

1. Manning - Nique' gave us his all. He gave nothing.

2. Rider - Most selfish player I have ever seen. Effectively ended the Hawks as a team. We still haven't gotten his stink off.

3. Reef - What a joke. This guy is like the losingest player in the history of the league. The Grizz had to move because of him! His numbers were garbage. He built upon what J.R. started.

4. Nazr - Huuuge contract. All of a sudden he thinks he's got "game". No D. No boards. Took broke j's. And now he's mister role player.

5.Al - This guy played nooo D. Took the most shots. Killed runs. Did none of the little things. Never challenged on D for fear of fouling out and not getting almost 20. I'm quite positive he was the Hawks' least favorite player last year.

6. There are many others. I know all you Hendu haters have gripes but he is another story. I HATE all these guys.

Quote:

Glenn Robinson vs. Gary Peyton...those are by far my top two...

GRob was completley exposed once he arrived here and was best known for dribbling the ball off of his own foot...

Peyton..refused to report. was waived. now wears a championship ring because of it.

I never thought about that...Gary Payton is now on the list.

• Moderators

I don't view Payton that negatively.

When the deal was made "for" Payton it was made with the expectation and intent that he would never show up. Why hate him for living up to his end of the bargain we made? This was not an Alonzo Mourning situation.

Quote:

I don't view Payton that negatively.

When the deal was made "for" Payton it was made with the expectation and intent that he would never show up. Why hate him for living up to his end of the bargain we made? This was not an Alonzo Mourning situation.

That's how I view it as well. Besides how did he get a ring out of it? He went back to the Celtics the remainder of the year, and then signed with Miami. How did our trade change any of that?

I can't remember his name, but it was a player or a coach or something and he was white. Man, every time I looked at him, all I could think about was how stiff and white and uncoordinated he was. Then I would just be overcome with hatred and start throwing forty bottles through storefront windows and looting.