• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

You knew there would be crickets chirping

Peoriabird

Quote:

around here if the Hawks looked good. If the Hawks had lost, there would be 10 threads dogging Marvin, Shelden, Childress etc. This confirms what drives this message board.
Negativity!!!!

What do you want people to say? It's a preason game. It's great that the guys start off with a win... But considering it's preason and Gasol was out I think we need to keep a sense of reality.

Quote:

That is so true there. Don't worry the negatives will start once they can search about 10 boxscores to find something.

That is funny.

I really liked the starting lineup and rotation tonight. Shows plenty of depth down low. Something we sorely needed last year.

Speedy gets back, we will have plenty of depth in the backcourt as well.

• Premium Member

Quote:

What do you want people to say?

Maybe people can start by saying that the defense looked a little better than last year. The starter really took care of the ball. Josh Smith's jump shot maybe good this year. Shelden looked good and Glyniadakis looks promising. We have a lot of depth. Marvin is as aggressive as he was in SL. T. Lue isn't as bad as people make him out to be. Woodson has been doing some coaching this summer. BK may not be the dufus people make him out to be for passing on Roy, Foye, & Sene.

Quote:

Quote:

What do you want people to say?

Maybe people can start by saying that the defense looked a little better than last year. The starter really took care of the ball. Josh Smith's jump shot maybe good this year. Shelden looked good and Glyniadakis looks promising. We have a lot of depth. Marvin is as aggressive as he was in SL. T. Lue isn't as bad as people make him out to be. Woodson has been doing some coaching this summer. BK may not be the dufus people make him out to be for passing on Roy, Foye, & Sene.

But the Hawks were basically playing a summer league quality lineup out there tonight. They're supposed to paly the Rockets in the next game, correct? We will see how it goes in that game.

Hot . . the only problem with that . . is that the Griz beat the Rockets last night.

The offensive balance of this team is there . . and always has been there. We'll see how the defense is, when the offense struggles a little.

LOL . . and I'll take 12 points and 9 rebounds from Shelden all season.

And Peoria is right on the money. Fans love misery, and they're used to constantly complaining. As a Bengals fan, I know all too well about the doom and gloom naysayers. It took until Week 4 of last year, for the Bengal fan base to realize that we may very well be a decent team. We'd shown promise the previous 2 seasons by going 8 - 8. But the doom and gloomers were never satisfied with the progress.

• Premium Member

Quote:

But the Hawks were basically playing a summer league quality lineup out there tonight.

Who is missing other than Paul Gasol? Anyway that summer league team beat the Rockets last night! I want to also know where the Sene fans are? What about the Foye fans? How those Roy fans? Chirp! Chirp! That's what I thought!

Quote:

Quote:

But the Hawks were basically playing a summer league quality lineup out there tonight.

Who is missing other than Paul Gasol? Anyway that summer league team beat the Rockets last night! I want to also know where the Sene fans are? What about the Foye fans? How those Roy fans? Chirp! Chirp! That's what I thought!

Eddie Jones only played 7 minutes... Looking at the rest... D@mn that's their roster this year?

Gasol.. 37 year old Eddie.... Atkins? Mike Miller? Is that it? Yikes! crazy.gif

Quote:

They're supposed to paly the Rockets in the next game, correct? We will see how it goes in that game.

That will be a better test. I do think we will pass it; even with Speedy out. It's going to be a lot of fun this season with the addition of all these big bodies.

A Hawks team that has the depth to actually bang around inside. When was the last time you could say that?

I'm thrilled with the way the Hawks looked last night. I know it was a pre-season game with the Grizzlies, minus Pau, but the Hawks destroyed them. That's what you do to bad teams. And I think having a solid preseason is important in our case because we need to start laying the right foundation. I even liked the way SW looked, which is a big concession for me. However, I won't be sold on Shelden until I see more in the regualr season.

As a season ticket holder I'm a lot more excited about this year than any in the last 5 years. THat doesn't mean we are heading to the playoffs but at least we can compete. And that is true progress in my opinion. BTW, Marvin is going to be an ALL-Star within a couple years. Mark it down.

Quote:

around here if the Hawks looked good. If the Hawks had lost, there would be 10 threads dogging Marvin, Shelden, Childress etc. This confirms what drives this message board.
Negativity!!!!

This is an awfully negative post itself. Fight fire with fire?

Maybe you could have started a few positive threads instead of this one.

Quote:

...If the Hawks had lost, there would be 10 threads dogging Marvin, Shelden, Childress etc...]

Well to be fair PB...Shelden did have 5 turnovers.

Seriously though it was fun to listen to the game between the static of the weak 790theZone radio signal (computer streaming didn't want to work for me last night). Almost all did as well as we could have hoped for.

----------------------------------

for PB: from Nat. Lampoon's Christmas Vacation...

"Those little lights aren't twinkling"

"I know they're not Art...and thanks for noticing"

• Premium Member

Quote:

This is an awfully negative post itself. Fight fire with fire?

Maybe you could have started a few positive threads instead of this one.

I have been definding our players all off season from the multiple negative posters. I'm just pointing out facts. Many poster will question every move and start 100 threads making the same negative point over and over and this has to stop! Especially when it comes to young players that show promise or players yet to play their 1st NBA game.

Are you a martyr or something? Posters like you look to stir up garbage. Why start a thread that is truly NEGATIVE? Have you been waiting back for something good to happen so you can say I told you so? Congrats...we won a preseason game, we didn't win a regular season game, we didn't make the playoffs, etc.

I'm thrilled that we looked good last night. It beats the hell out of looking like crap like last year and the previous year. But get down off the high horse. We beat the Grizzlies without Gasol for crying out loud. Feel vindicated???

• Premium Member

Quote:

Are you a martyr or something? Posters like you look to stir up garbage. Why start a thread that is truly NEGATIVE? Have you been waiting back for something good to happen so you can say I told you so? Congrats...we won a preseason game, we didn't win a regular season game, we didn't make the playoffs, etc.

I'm thrilled that we looked good last night. It beats the hell out of looking like crap like last year and the previous year. But get down off the high horse. We beat the Grizzlies without Gasol for crying out loud. Feel vindicated???

You of all people accusing someone else of starting a negative post. But take a minute to look at how you responded. Its only a preseason game! They haven't won a regular season game yet blah blah blah. I have to scan thru tons of Marvin= Tim Thomas, We should have drafted roy/Foye BS every day and the minute there is a response to this nonsense, I am seen as negative. confused.gifWhatever

Quote:

Hey Walter, log on under your real username.

I just find it ironic that you post an inflammatory, negative thread talking about how people are so negative. It's also the first negative thread after the game. Then you go on to post a list of positives that people could have posted. You didn't do it, but someone else should have.

I'm just bustin your balls, don't take it to hard.