0 points

1 rebound

0-2 free throws

2 fouls

2 turnovers

0 blocks

0 steals

in 12 minutes

Now this can't be the guy that you been blabbing you mouth about for 2 weeks. Maybe this will shut you up for awhile and make you realized that the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

I'm sure there will be a retort along the lines of this being just the first game of a meaningless preseason. In all honesty though, I tried to get through all the Sene vs Shelden debate objectively, but in the end there was just too much complaining going on. I'm fully expecting more of the same since Sene put up forgettable numbers.

Quote:

It will be a LONG time before Sene reaches his potential if he ever does. To me he's the kind of guy you take a flier on once his first team gives up a few years down the road.

he's the kind of guy a team like Dallas or San Antonio can draft and sit at the end of the bench for 3 years.

unfortunately for Seattle they had the 10th pick in the draft. silly move IMO

Quote:

0 points

1 rebound

0-2 free throws

2 fouls

2 turnovers

0 blocks

0 steals

in 12 minutes

Now this can't be the guy that you been blabbing you mouth about for 2 weeks. Maybe this will shut you up for awhile and make you realized that the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

You are forgetting SW had 250% turnovers compared to Sene. I don't care how many of SW's turnovers were offensive fouls. A turnover is a turnover.

• Moderators

This is way too small a sample size for any meaningful comparison.

It would be just as meaningless to say Sene is better than Shelden if Sene had 5 blocks, 14 points and 12 rebounds in his first preseason action.

You need more time to tell, especially for a young guy.

Quote:

It would be just as meaningless to say Sene is better than Shelden if Sene had 5 blocks, 14 points and 12 rebounds in his first preseason action.

I know. Is sarcasm button necessary here?

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

I know. Is sarcasm button necessary here?

I wasn't trying to respond directly to you (and did catch the sarcasm wink.gif ) but more to the general thread.

• Premium Member

Quote:

The thread was in response to the small sample size used to judge that Sene was far superior to Shelden as a rebounder and shot blocker like the summer league.

Quote:

The thread was in response to the small sample size used to judge that Sene was far superior to Shelden as a rebounder and shot blocker like the summer league.

This thread was an ass showing by people who aren't willing to let their opinions stand the objective test of a season. We all should know that SW won't be as good as Foye or Roy this year. He shouldn't be as good as Sene in 3 but I'm willing to compare them even now over a season. Of course, 12 minutes makes a few peons wet their pants with excitement.

W

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

This thread was an ass showing by people who aren't willing to let their opinions stand the objective test of a season. We all should know that SW won't be as good as Foye or Roy this year. He shouldn't be as good as Sene in 3 but I'm willing to compare them even now over a season. Of course, 12 minutes makes a few peons wet their pants with excitement.

W

What in H_ll are you talking about? All I did was post his numbers just like many did during the summer league!

Quote:

Quote:

W

as I read this

bobblehead.jpg

Quote:

What in H_ll are you talking about? All I did was post his numbers just like many did during the summer league!

These are your words, right?

Quote:

After 12 minutes you want to talk [censored] but aren't willing to compare after a season?!? What a lame play.

W

Oh c'mon Walter...if SW had stunk last night and Sene had 5 blocks you'd be crowing like a banty rooster today.

Truth is, many of us were for taking SW over a guy like O'Bryant due to his greater experience and his having played against superior competition (ACC vs MVC). It's starting to look like we were right.

...to be fair though, O'Bryant is a grizzled veteran of the basketball wars compared to Sene, who hasn't even gotten through boot camp.

Quote:

Quote:

These are your words, right?

Quote:

After 12 minutes you want to talk [censored] but aren't willing to compare after a season?!? What a lame play.

W

Heeey Little Walter....Hey Little Walter listen....Heyyy Little Walter....sene sucks so face the fact...and Shelden ain't gonna suck like that.

For those who don't get it...Rent School Daze...or pick up the best of Tony Toni Tone.

Quote:

Oh c'mon Walter...if SW had stunk last night and Sene had 5 blocks you'd be crowing like a banty rooster today.

If Sene had done that with just 3 years basketball experience it would have been even more shocking than Rajon's 29 point explosion.

It's certainly another thing to boast about the most NBA ready player vs the NBA's least experienced prospect. I don't see anyone claiming SW will be better in 3 years, just that he was for the first 12 minutes off their careers. I can sign a FA for that.

W

• Premium Member

Quote:

W

How does it feel to be on the defensive? Not too good Huh? When you blab you mouth about something over and over, you better be right! Otherwise tone you sh_t down!!!!!!!

Quote:

[How does it feel to be on the defensive? Not too good Huh? When you blab you mouth about something over and over, you better be right! Otherwise tone you sh_t down!!!!!!!

...player in the first 12 minutes of preseason, the first game, the first month, the first year?!? WHEN?!? I haven't even "guaranteed" he ever will be, but I do believe he will in 3 years and I believe that even if he and SW are just equal, his value as a center to us would be much greater than a Pf.

But of course, 12 minutes into a career for the least experienced prospect in the NBA, you've got me on the defensive. ROLL EYES!

W

All I have to say is that you will rue the day you challenged with per 48s. I'm better than you!

Anyone that thinks they can beat me, be ready!

You think it's a coincidence that Shelden played better after you challenged me? I can tell already that you don't have what it takes.