• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Chanting/singing at games

ProperMental

Just happened to see this one yesterday:

Panathinaikos

It's the fans of Greek team Panathinaikos putting on a nice show. There's a ton of stuff like this on YouTube, from the European soccer games especially, but some from basketball games too. At least Greece and Turkey seem to have some teams with very vocal fans.

Anyway, got me thinking of fan culture in the US, esp. at basketball games. Please tell for a foreigner like me a bit about how things are done over there? Who do you think are the most vocal fans in the NBA and NCAA?

List of songs Hawks fans would sing at Hawks games:

- Georgia on My Mind ( Ray Charles )

- Devil Went Down to Georgia ( chorus only - Charlie Daniels )

- You'se a Ho ( chorus only - Ludacris )

- Loser ( chorus only - Beck )

- Player's Ball ( chorus only - Outkast ) . . which would be tight as hell.

- Loveshack ( B-52s )

- Bia Bia ( chorus only - Lil John & the Eastside Boys ) . . sing when a player whines about a call.

Quote:

Quote:

I'm partial to: "Raindrops keep fallin on my head"
wink.gif

(or maybe the Barney song - 'I luv you, you luv me, we're a happy fam-il-eee)

That is gay!! tongue.gif

It'sa joke...I was feeling goofy and had this vision of the whole crowd singing something stupid like the Barney song. We would have to warn the Hawks of course, but the other team would think they were in the twilight zone or something.

Not to worry - it'll never happen smirk.gif

• Premium Member

Bia Bia!!! lol That would be funny as hell and homegrown to boot...but with the ref's cracking down on whistle whining...don't know if we'd get the chance.

Man...that Beck idea is f'n awesome. I can hear the whole crowd saying that at the end of a game. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYY Un PERDEDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORR...!!! I'm a loooosa baby!!!

Rofl... Next Squawk game get together, we should do it (given that we win of course grin.gif)