• Raised $390 of $700 target

official Houston/Atlanta game thread

gsuteke

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the game is going to be on 790theZone (?)...right now they just started broadcasting a highschool football game - but the Hawks website says it will be on 790 - hope it's on - does 790 have a sister station?

I'll search around and see if I can find a Houston station doing the broadcast just in case (gametime 8:30). confused.gif

Winning and losing preseason games isn't important to me.

It's kind of like the NFL.

What you're really looking for in these games, is how your starters and main rotation guys will play in the first half.

JJ shouldn't be out on the court at the end of the game, no matter how close the game is. For that reason alone, you can't put too much stock in wins and losses.

But winning does help the overall confidence of these young guys.

But you can pretty much guarantee that Houston won't have Yao or T-Mac in the game at the end. And we shouldn't have JJ and possibly Marvin and Smoove in the game at the end either.

Quote:

...But winning does help the overall confidence of these young guys...

My thought exactly, a vet winning team would look at it like a scrimmage - but to show out twice in a row on the road could be a confidence builder for our young guys. Key thing is to come out and throw some effort at them.

By the way, will Este be playing tonight? Hope so.