• Raised $390 of $700 target

official Houston/Atlanta game thread

gsuteke

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Marvin and Smoove showed that they can be depended on this year.

Negatives: Salim I dont want to seem him play if all he is going to do it shoot it every time he touches it and turn it over every time he touches it I would rather see him just sit on the bench and learn how to take care of the ball.

Quote:

Negatives: Salim I dont want to seem him play if all he is going to do it shoot it every time he touches it and turn it over every time he touches it I would rather see him just sit on the bench and learn how to take care of the ball.

He is so careless with the ball and his shot so streaky now that I can't see much of a use for him in the 2nd half.

W

LMAO . . this board is hilarious.

So when Salim goes 6 - 9 . . and hits about 4 threes in a preseason game, you same guys criticizing him, will be all up on him giving him praises.

Isn't this the exact reason why we got Speedy? So Salim won't have to handle the ball and just concentrate on shooting?

LOL @ trading Salim because he doesn't fit. Good lord.

Preseason games are "do or die" with you guys huh?

Two bad shooting games in which Salim is trying to be something that he WON'T be during the season ( a PG ), and people want him gone.

Let me tell you guys something. This is the EXACT time of year to give Salim extended minutes at the point. He'll probably be the 4th PG on the depth chart, but he still needs to learn how to handle the position.

But unless something catastrophic happens during the year, he'll be the "hired gun" for the Hawks. And his main mission will be to SHOOT, SHOOT, SHOOT when he's in the game. And he probably won't be shooting off the dribble with people in his face. He'll be a catch and shoot guy . . ala what Eddie House was for Phoenix last year.

If he's hot, leave him in.

If he's not, put him back on the bench.

Simple as that.

What some of you should be commenting on, is the fact that every single ball handler for the Rockets, scored in double figures.

That means that Salim, Lue, or whomever else was guarding those guys, had no chance at slowing them down.

Which brings us back to the reason why we brought in Speedy.

(( Run for the hills . . . the Hawks lost a preseason game and Salim didn't shoot the ball well. Oh woe is me. Woe is me. ))

Quote:

Marvin and Smoove showed that they can be depended on this year.

LOL . . how can a person learn how to take care of the ball if he's on the bench?

This board is straight comedy.

Let him learn NOW, when the games don't count.

Prediction: If Speedy plays in the preseason, watch Salim's shooting % go back to normal.

I wonder if Salim even played the 2 tonight? Hard to tell, seeing that we don't have a play-by-play to look at. If he played the 1 all night, I'm not worried about Salim at all.

That's not the position he'll be playing once the season starts.

Jsmoove . . . to make a comment like that, pretty much proves that you've either never played organized b-ball before, or you just don't have a clue how sports work.

I don't mean to insult you, but that's just a dumb comment.

That'll be like learning how to drive a car, just by watching somebody . . but never getting behind the wheel of a car, until you get on the interstate.

Just about anything a person learns, they have to learn while doing that particular job for themselves, even if they've watched somebody do it over and over.

How did you learn to type? Did you watch somebody, and came out the gate typing 35 words a minute as soon as you sat in front of a computer? Or did you practice typing, and eventually get better and better as you kept doing it?

It's the same thing in sports.

If that's the case, every young backup QB in the league, could just step right in and effectively play QB in the NFL, just by watching the starter.

LOL . . it's a whole different ballgame, when you're in the action yourself.

Salim's not a rook - and he got his time in college. You can do it or you can't. Most sheet hot 6 footers (or less) can handle the ball - no problem - they can pass and hit free throws and only need to shoot when open or the clock is winding down. Salim wasn't the "steal of the 2nd round draft"...Boston got that with Ryan Gomes.

Salim want's to be the next A.I. period. If we didn't trade for A.I. then why create time for Salim at the expense of the good of the team? It's not just the first two games of pre-seaseon...he couldn't handle the ball last year either.

Quote:

Salim's not a rook - and he got his time in college. You can do it or you can't. Most sheet hot 6 footers (or less) can handle the ball - no problem - they can pass and hit free throws and only need to shoot when open or the clock is winding down. Salim wasn't the "steal of the 2nd round draft"...Boston got that with Ryan Gomes.

Salim want's to be the next A.I. period. If we didn't trade for A.I. then why create time for Salim at the expense of the good of the team? It's not just the first two games of pre-seaseon...he couldn't handle the ball last year either.

Thank you thank you I have been saying for this months. This guy isnt a team a player hes a shoot 1st CHUCKER who wants to be the superstar of the team and only thinks about himself. Thats not gonna happen here he doesnt know when to stop shooting and it for sure hurts the team. Remeber his crying last year when he would be pulled from games. He got suspended 2 games for this. I seriously wouldnt hesistate trading this guy for a good back up sg/pg combo because salim clearly can only shoot and hes even good at that. I just think hes a bad apple for this team in the DIRECTON OF TEAM PLAY we are going for.