• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Salim

Swatguy

The guy is a gunner. When he is on, he is one of those rare shooters that can bring a team back from large deficits back into the game. When he is not, which seems to be the case in all the "preseason games" he is "persona non grata". We will need the former at times during this season. We are not a lock down defense that can be counted on to get stops to get back in some of these games and with our expected record there will be times where we will need an above average streaky shooter like him. We need as many options as possible.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/isaiah_rider/index.html

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/salim_stoudamire/index.html

take their per 48s and their damn similiar in their rookie years.

i was just responding to the post that Salim is a gunner. i know the name J.R. Rider is like a curse word around here, however any similiarities between them attitude wise is unintentional for my purposes.

my point is the dude can shoot. ok. what else can he do? if that's it then play him for 10 minutes a game when you need a shooter on the court in spot situations. stop trying to make him our PG, it ain't happening.

the dude plays the proverbial "guard" position we used to talk about in Elementary school. he guards the gatorade.

ok thanks... i understand you now.

I just saw the name Jr. Rider, and started wondering

if you thought Salim was gonna destroy the franchise.

Away i think the name "jr rider" should be one of the banned curse words on this site.

I am much more offended by the word "Jr Rider" than most f-words.

Quote:

ok thanks... i understand you now.

I just saw the name Jr. Rider, and started wondering

if you thought Salim was gonna destroy the franchise.

Away i think the name "jr rider" should be one of the banned curse words on this site.

I am much more offended by the word "Jr Rider" than most f-words.

LOL

i am glad we understand one another.

I think Salim's "attitude problems" come from a real competitive fire and over-confidence. JR you know who's attitude problems come from just being a lazy jerk.

I hope Salim can find his niche here with the Hawks. If not, he'll probably be gone when his contract is up. I wish him all the best.

Quote:

I think Salim's "attitude problems" come from a real competitive fire and over-confidence. JR you know who's attitude problems come from just being a lazy jerk.

I hope Salim can find his niche here with the Hawks. If not, he'll probably be gone when his contract is up. I wish him all the best.

my hope is that Billy Knight will continue to acquire and Mike Woodson will start developing enough talent on this roster so as to leave players like Salim with no defined role or position expendable.

Salim's game is like Rider's like T Lue is to Michael Jordan. I think that comparison is far for being accurate, from a physical point of view and comparing skills in two players that only have in common that both urinate standing. It's a personal opinion, i asume you will accept it. I think Salim's a shooter, a thing that Rider never was, he was a physical freak with great penetration and post-up skills, with a complexion that doesn't remind of Salim's, who is more similar to his cousin Damon

Quote:

Salim's game is like Rider's like T Lue is to Michael Jordan. I think that comparison is far for being accurate, from a physical point of view and comparing skills in two players that only have in common that both urinate standing. It's a personal opinion, i asume you will accept it. I think Salim's a shooter, a thing that Rider never was, he was a physical freak with great penetration and post-up skills, with a complexion that doesn't remind of Salim's, who is more similar to his cousin Damon

Rider was truly an underachiever. He should have been an unstoppable SG for years. Instead, even most of his best years failed to match his talent level.

Salim is another Eddie House and doesn't have the potential to be anything more I don't think.

• Moderators

Quote:

That's as close a numbers comparison as it can get. Also shows that with a little better ball control, Salim could all of a sudden get back to being a 'servicable guy off the bench' instead of a 'turnover prone tweener'.

Except for the fact that Eddie House is 4 years older.