• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Congrats to Shelden on his 1st Pro Double-Double

WraithSentinel

I thought Solomon might be a decent pick at the time (and he still could work out)...but once we got Lo it became obvious that he wasn't likely going to be of any help for awhile at least, my bet would be for a long while. Now we're talking about Este or the Greek making the team (with no mention of SJ) so it seems Solomon may have been a redundant pick what with guys like Dee Brown still out there and our PF options all being young.

But where would Dee Brown have fit on the squad? Probably in the NBDL. We already have our quotient filled of undersized guard tweeners, just like we're stacked at forward tweeners and stiff big men wink.gif

Solomon was a fine pick, no on left on the board would have had much of a chance making the roster anyway. We have plenty of second round talent on the team.

This kind of long term depth is awesome. What if Lo only lasts one season? What if there are lots of injuries? What if Shelden doen't pan out, and Solomon lights the world on fire?

We have no idea how it will shake out, but we're in the position to stockpile talent and develop it for the future.

there is certainly no guarantee that EITHER of them would have been successful alongside JJ in our backcourt. The reality is that if they could not play PG (and there is no GUARANTEE that either of them can) then we would have had bigger problems than we have now because JJ is not going to sit for ANYONE and he clearly is not a full time PG either. I think Roy could have played PG but I read an article where he acknowledged that he will have a hard time guarding smaller/quicker PGs when he is at the point and that it would be difficult bringing the ball up against them as well. As for Foye, I don't know. He can certainly get in the lane and create and score but how well can he run a team?

The bottom line for me is that I while I would have gone with one of the other guys, what's done is done. Shelden fills a need and he has a reasonably good chance of filling that need very well. Lets hope he proves all the naysayers wrong and becomes a top flight PF in this league.