• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CBS Sportsline SE Division Preview

Johnnybravo4

Wow, that was a very good read. I found this statement to be the most informative:

"He's definitely matured from the first couple of seasons we've had him. I thought this summer was huge for him, because he extended himself in terms of working out more and he came to camp in great shape. So right now, we're playing him in a couple of positions. At the 4-spot, he comfortably fits right in, I think. He's picked up a little more weight coming into this season and we think, as a team, that he’s grown a little bit, so, we're very pleased with his progress and we've got to continue to push him to get better as a player and help us win." -- Mike Woodson, on Josh Smith

Looks like Smoove will be at the 4 spot during stretches of the game. I would bet that Smoove and Marvin are the starting forwards, at least for the first 10 games. Their positioning on the floor will switch between offense and defense. Josh will play the 3 on offense and the 4 on defense, reverse that for Marvin.

I think we'll see Marv and Josh start as the 3/4 combo forwards, most likly with Josh guarding the 4 on D. I don't expect either of them to take to the post the way I wish one of them would, at least some of the time.

Shelden spells whichever needs the first rest. This could be because he's cold, he's got some foul, he's getting killed by the guy he's guarding, whatever. At that point the one on the court is the 3, and Shelden's the 4. Then the rotation starts to make some sense. Primarily a three man rotation, either Josh or Marvin is on the floor a large majority of the time.

When you go through their entire preview of the East, they have Boston ( 42 - 40 ) and Indiana ( 41 - 41 ) gaining the #7 and #8 spot.

Boston is now one of the wild card in the East. If Rondo keeps playing as well as he is now, they're going to be a factor all season. Hopefully, their issues as a shooting team will come back to bite them once again. But with Telfair and Rondo, they've definitely upgraded the guard positions.

I think we're the other wild card. Even if we play poorly against the West, we could be a major hinderance to teams in the East, because we match up much better with them. If 41 wins is what it will take for the Hawks to get in, they'll need to win about 55% - 60% of their games vs the East.

Quote:

...Boston is now one of the wild card in the East. If Rondo keeps playing as well as he is now, they're going to be a factor all season...

Apparently the Celics' luck in the draft has gotten better the last couple years. They got PF-Ryan Gomes out of Providence at the end of the second round last year (and he ended up starting some games for them)...and now they've got PG-Rondo, who is outshining most expectations at least in the pre-season. They are getting some cheap building blocks. I agree that outside shooting could be an issue that might hold them back though.