• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Question for anyone who's seen the team in person

DavidSomerset

Traceman, you hit the nail on the head. After the Hawks had made their great comeback Smith just fell asleep several times and let Jamison beat him for easy buckets. Is Jamison a very good player? Of course. But it was the way he beat Josh that had me concerned and as he was being chastised by the staff for what happened he kind of gave this look like "what do you want from me"? I sit right behind the bench and I can tell you the staff was pissed with Smith for giving up easy baskets in crunch time.

What I couldn't understand is that JJ was sitting during the comeback but with about 4:30 left they put him back in...for Marvin. Marvin had been a big part of the comeback and frankly had been playing better all around than Smoove. JJ needed to come back but not for Marvin. I just scratch my head at times with Woody's substitutions...trust me, Woody is going to cost us plenty when the season starts.

Quote:

This is where the age factor comes he's still only 20. I know the fact that he went so late in the draft year hurt his confidence. Because coming out of High School he was a top 3 high school prospect along with Shaun Livingston and Dwight Howard. Josh Smith was suppose to be a top 5-top 10 pick. He was promised on draft night by the Sixers and Cavs that they were going to take him. The fact that he dropped and then Jay Bilas comments just added fuel to the fire. IMO this hurt his confidence as he matures I think he will bring it everynight on a consistant basis. Meaning this team will get alot better esp with the other up and coming guys we have. As long as he plays at a high level everynight on both ends of the court hell develop nicely because the talent to be a good/great player is there. He's just as exciting as anyone in this league to watch.

I'm sorry to say that all that is like sooo 3 years ago...

Im a big Josh Smith Fan. Have been from day one. But, I'm sorry. It is 3 seasons to late to be using the crutch of him going number 17 instead of 5-10. Please...Messed up his confidence??? Yeah, ok

From my perspective off of what I hear and what I see, he is not onwning his potential. Yet. Never said he won't, but he is not there. Aside from the personal things on his mind that were unexpected. He's going to need someone to keep him focused, and someone to help him bring to fruition what he's developed over the summer.....

Cuz I aint seen it this pre-season....