• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

FIRE MIKE WOODSON NOW!

Johnnybravo4

This is not merely a overreaction to last night's game, I actually saw a lot of positive things, namely Chill's hustle and Zaza grittiness. However I saw somethings errily reminiscent of last year so IMO Woody has go to go!

1. Our offensive scheme stinks. Our offense mainly consists of running JJ through some screens to get him open. If that play does not work then we are stuck with with forcing a last second shot. Other players never get plays ran for them. Zaza always has to play one on one. Smoove never gets plays called for him. We never execute the pick and roll. Woody has absolutely no offensive imagination.

2. Our defense sucks. In three years, I have never seen this team adequately defend the pick and roll. It is as if we have never seen it..EVER! Our defensive rotation is always slow. One of the supposed advantages of having players who can play multiple positions is that even when a player runs through screens and picks he shouldnt be able to get open shots because we can always switch without causing a mismatch. But in our case the man guarding the ball always runs chases his man which on the ball rotation leave someone inevitably open. We haven't gotten that right yet

3. No fire whatsoever. I never see anyone fired up either on the sideline or on the court. I never see them huddle up, with Woody knocking fire out of their asses. We are too laid back. The only player I see with fire is Salim, who is then labled a "Malcontent" I think that the team's attitude is set by the coach, who is to docile and laid back.

BK needs to nip this sh*t in the bud right now. We need to fire Woodson and get Stan Van Gundy today!

Yeah . . . FIRE WOODY!!

We came out flat agaisnt Philly and couldn't make open shots.

FIRE HIM!!

LOL @ the logic in that.

And lol @ complaining about our offense.

16th in points . . . 17th in FG% . . . top 10 in 3FG%.

If we make the shots we usually make last night, we beat Philly in a close game. We just didn't make open shots, so we lost.

Quote:

2. Our defense sucks. In three years, I have never seen this team adequately defend the pick and roll.

...very poorly. Agreed.

Quote:

BK needs to nip this sh*t in the bud right now. We need to fire Woodson and get Stan Van Gundy today!

Woody is the only thing keeping the heat off BK. He won't fire him until he is forced to by someone else. He needs that buffer or else he's a gonner too.

...and yes, Stan would be my choice also. Then Adelman. Both close to each other and I would be happy with both. Nobody unproven. Time for some accountability for BK and another unproven coach just gives him more desperate cover.

W

• Premium Member

That sadly is the truth of the matter. The entire NBA knows about the ownership fiasco and it has totally handicapped Knight being able to add more salary or sign players past "X" season and it has kept any real coach from wanting to take over this sorry excuse for a franchise.

Quote:

who is going to take over the team?

better yet who
would
take over such a team under these circumstances?

Basically, you are saying in part that BK has built such a flawed team nobody would want to coach it thus Woody is better than nobody. I think that is a strong case for overwhelming change not an argument for "stay the course".

I'm to the point I'm willing to try. If it means getting rid of BK or marginalizing him by giving the coach brought in some personel decision making power alah Lenny Wilkens when he was here, so be it.

Stan Van Gundy or Adelman would be my choices.

I GUARANTEE this thread wouldn't have been started, if we'd won last night.

So for that fact alone, this IS an overreaction to last night's game. Because if it wasn't, you wouldn't open the first sentence by saying . . "this is not merely an overreaction to last night's game . . ."

LOL . . of course it is.

70% of the posters on this site overreact to everything . . positive or negative.

Quote:

Quote:

better yet who
would

Basically, you are saying in part that BK has built such a flawed team nobody would want to coach it thus Woody is better than nobody. I think that is a strong case for overwhelming change not an argument for "stay the course".

I'm to the point I'm willing to try. If it means getting rid of BK or marginalizing him by giving the coach brought in some personel decision making power alah Lenny Wilkens when he was here, so be it.

Walter, Walter, Walter. LOL

for the reasons you choose to beat to death on this board it will be somewhat difficult IMO to get a top tier NBA coach as of right now.

Quote:

Quote:

better yet who
would

I may have read it wrong, but I assumed that gsuteke meant that no self-respecting coach would want to walk into our ownership mess right now. But you're probably right: most coaches (and players) don't want to go to a team that is struggling and they would responsible for winning. They want to go where the foundation has already been laid for winning, so they can reap the benefits. The argument of player/coach cowardice is a different one altogether!

Quote:

for the reasons you choose to beat to death on this board it will be somewhat difficult IMO to get a top tier NBA coach as of right now.

As long as Woody is there, the heat is off BK. It's a shame as I believe BK is just as much to blame if not moreso.

Time to move on. We can do better than Woody because we can't do much worse.

W

Quote:

Quote:

As long as Woody is there, the heat is off BK. It's a shame as I believe BK is just as much to blame if not moreso.

Time to move on. We can do better than Woody because we can't do much worse.

W

i chose not to buy a ticket package. we have already been through all that. we've been through a year of "fire Billy Knight" as my sig. we've been through my ranting and raving about giving Al Harrington away for next to nothing. we've been through my attacks on the Atlanta Spirit for being wonderful Larry, Moe, and Curly impersonators.

what else do you want to go through with me Walter?

Quote:

what else do you want to go through with me Walter?

I had no idea I was going through this with you.

I just want BK, Woody gone. Ownership cleaned up, sure, but send out the clowns.

W

Quote:

better yet who
would

Rick Adelman, Larry Brown, Stan Van Gundy, Paul Silas, Johnny Davis, Jeff Bzdelik, Tim Floyd, Bob Weiss, Bill Laimbeer, Michael Cooper, Randy Whittman, Chris Ford, Don Casey, PJ Carlesimo, Bill Cartwright, Lenny Wilkens, Terry Porter

Quote:

I GUARANTEE this thread wouldn't have been started, if we'd won last night.

So for that fact alone, this IS an overreaction to last night's game. Because if it wasn't, you wouldn't open the first sentence by saying . .
"this is not merely an overreaction to last night's game . . ."

LOL . . of course it is.

70% of the posters on this site overreact to everything . . positive or negative.

You may be right, if we won last night I probably wouldn't start this thread, but the point is this....I saw nothing different from the Hawks that I haven't seen the past 2 years. And I don't think that poor rotation, bad offensive play calling and poor execution all around is due to a one game aberration...it is merely a continuation from last year. I don't need a 30 game sample to establish that fact. Believe it or not everyone on that squad with the exception of Shelden, Soloman and Bozeman are all vets. Most of which have at least 2 years under their belt. Either we have the dumbest players in the league or we have the worst coach. I tend to believe in the latter.

Quote:

...70% of the posters on this site overreact to everything . . positive or negative.

Well I'm not advocating that anybody get fired...but as far as many postings being knee-jerk reactions, the Hawks have got 39 and 125 over the last two years. Now it's a new year and we're 39 and 126 with last night's game showing most of us nothing new in the way of preparations or production. There are some new (and quite possibly better) faces - but the choreography hasn't changed and so far it looks like the same old show.