• Raised $390 of $700 target

FIRE MIKE WOODSON NOW!

Johnnybravo4

Quote:

Quote:

who is going to take over the team?

better yet who
would
take over such a team under these circumstances?

Rick Adelman, Larry Brown, Stan Van Gundy, Paul Silas, Johnny Davis, Jeff Bzdelik, Tim Floyd, Bob Weiss, Bill Laimbeer, Michael Cooper, Randy Whittman, Chris Ford, Don Casey, PJ Carlesimo, Bill Cartwright, Lenny Wilkens, Terry Porter

You are assuming. and we all know what happens when you assume.

sometimes i feel like our fans arent paying attention or thinking straight..

if we fire Mike Woodson (after one game in the season no less- der?), we will NOT bring in someone that you want them to bring in. we will have an assistant coach the team and i'm pretty dam sure that's not going to help much...

if we started that about a 3rd through the season, then fine i understand and it could gain serious momentum..

BUT when you start it after ONE FRICKIN GAME OF THE SEASON, noone is going to take it seriously.

Just one. I dare you.

I don't care if you think no one will take it seriously.

You want to know what I don't take seriously? People who have never played an organized sport talking about how to win games. If you know even the slightest bit about basketball it is obvious to see that the man cannot coach.

By the way Mr. Positive, it's been 165 games.

Is that enough?

Quote:

Just one. I dare you.

You want to know what I don't take seriously? People who have never played an organized sport talking about how to win games. If you know even the slightest bit about basketball it is obvious to see that the man cannot coach.

Is that enough?

And you claim to have superior basketball knowledge? The Hawks are the youngest team in NBA history and if you really had basketball knowledge you would know that teams with experience win championships.

But go ahead and jump ship because we have one loss. I guess Phoenix should fire their head coach as well seeing that they have 2 losses.

Quote:

Quote:

Just one. I dare you.

Is that enough?

And you claim to have superior basketball knowledge? The Hawks are the youngest team in NBA history and if you really had basketball knowledge you would know that teams with experience win championships.

But go ahead and jump ship because we have one loss. I guess Phoenix should fire their head coach as well seeing that they have 2 losses.

but i do agree on the experience angle, however i link it more to continuity more than anything else. if the Hawks kept this roster intact for the next 5 years as is we would see atleast a conference finals run. as players are around each other they develop chemistry which is something that money cannot buy. ask Knicks fans.

I challenged the entire board and no one has pointed out one actual basketball thing that Woodson is competent at.

So shut up if you can't say anything other than "give them time" and other nonsense.

How long have you been a Hawks fan? Can you name anyone on our roster from 10 years ago? Have you ever seen us win?

I have and I know that we can't ever be what we want with Woodson. It's that simple.

Why don't you read the posts before you spray garbage on it.

We've been losing for 7 years!

I know that's not long too you. You're probably 13 or something.

If you were older or smarter you would understand the real Hawks fan. We're sick of this.

Quote:

I challenged the entire board and no one has pointed out one actual basketball thing that Woodson is competent at.

So shut up if you can't say anything other than "give them time" and other nonsense.

How long have you been a Hawks fan? Can you name anyone on our roster from 10 years ago? Have you ever seen us win?

I have and I know that we can't ever be what we want with Woodson. It's that simple.

Why don't you read the posts before you spray garbage on it.

We've been losing for 7 years!

I know that's not long too you. You're probably 13 or something.

If you were older or smarter you would understand the real Hawks fan. We're sick of this.

Just because you're sick of a situation, doesn't mean that you continuously blow up a team or constantly change coaches.

I've been a fan of this team ever since Nique put on a Hawks jersey. And every Hawk team that won 50+ games, were full of VETERAN PLAYERS who know how to play the game.

Look what happened to the Hawks when guys like Moses, Doc, and Tree got too old to contribute? The Hawks, even though they had a superstar in Nique, and a nice PF in Willis, turned into an inconsistent team that couldn't win over 42 games during a 4 year period. The Hawks team that won in the mid-90s, was a veteran squad that had very good veteran role players.

If you don't think that youth is the main problem with this team, then just ask the Miami Heat. D-Wade is a superstar, but the Heat don't win a title if they didn't have all of those veteran players on the team.

And look at the direction that Chicago is going now. They have nice young talent, but they're making the transition toward bringing in quality veterans to the squad. And as much as people want to laud and praise the "Baby Bulls", even that organization had to wait a full 7 years after Mike, Scottie, and Dennis left, to field a quality team. Realistically, we're only in Year 3 of our total rebuilding.

But let's go back to Woody.

What he does well:

- He's a good manager of personnel and has shown the ability to put people in favorable situations. Don't forget that it was Woody that defined the roles of players after that horrible start last year, that stabilized the team.

Even though Lue was the best PG on the team last year, he gave Ivey the start, strictly to give us a better defensive start to the 1st and 3rd quarters. That move also let Lue be more of what he truly is . . . a scoring PG that you can bring off the bench. Instead of worrying about running the team and getting others involved, he could look for his offense, and worry about running the team on a secondary basis. That move alone stabilized this team somewhat in the middle part of last season.

And no player on this team has benefitted more from the game situations that Woody has put him in, than Josh Childress, who, after a slow start, played FABULOUS BASKETBALL from December on . . . and is still playing well today.

- He's a "player friendly" coach. Sometimes, that's a bad thing. But with a young team like this one, it's a good thing. You don't want to go around and destroy the confidence of some of these young guys when they're playing bad. Woody has shown a patience with guys like Childress, Smoove and Marvin, that most fans don't realize, or refuse to realize. And when you talk about confidence, what do you think relegating Smoove to the bench right now, would do to his psyche? Especially since everybody thinks he can be the real rising star on this team? You keep Smoove in the starting lineup, at least until Marvin comes back, and you find ways to maximize his potential. And that's exactly what Woody will do.

- He's an "even keel" coach that doesn't spaz out over everything. You see coaches in this league like that. They're going crazy after every bad call or constantly arguing with the officials. Some of you fans think that a coach that isn't higly emotional, is a coach that isn't into the game. Just because a coach doesn't yell in your face, doesn't mean that he's not addressing issues with you during the game or trying to get you to see something.

Bottom line is that most of you completely overreact and blame Woody and BK relentlessly when this team comes up short . . . . and give them NO CREDIT WHATSOEVER when this team plays well.

So who gets the credit for last night's win vs the Knicks?

You can't have it both ways people.

To Woody's demise, he isn't the greatest X's and O's guy, but there are few coaches in this league who are.

Jerry Sloan is the best, hands down. Avery Johnson is quickly becoming a good one. But other than that, there are few coaches in this league that are excellent "play callers" or can make great defensive adjustments.

Even guys like Phil Jackson and Pat Riley are more "managers" than they are coaches. They know how to manage egos and superstar talent. A lot of coaches can't do that, and that's why they fail.

Woody isn't the best coach, but he's far from the worst. Put Pat Riley to coach last year's team, and I bet even he couldn't get us to playoff level because we had too many holes in the lineup . . and we couldn't play defense.

This year, some of those holes have been filled, and we have some guys on this team who can defend a little better.

That will make us a better team UNDER Woodson.

Will it make us a playoff team? Who knows?

• Premium Member

Quote:

1) Player development.

I think that Zaza looks a lot better, Childress has progressed, Joe looks better, Marvin looked better before the injury.

2) Defensive minded

the defense looks better this year

3) Keeping the young players focused

Still has the youngest team in the NBA and can beat a heavy veteran team like the Knicks with such young players. The won dispite not being able to hit a high percentge of their shot with defense and rebounding.

4) Even the offensive spacing has improved

This team clearly prefers to be a transition offensive team but he has clearly gotten them to play better half court offense which was evedent down the stretch against new York.

LOL . . . I recognize it all the time.

It was obvious to people that watched how everything went down in Phoenix, that Boris benefitted tremendously from the absence of Amare and then Kurt Thomas in the lineup.

D'Antoni moves him to a "point center" role in Phoenix's "small ball" system, and the kid flourishes.

Because of that, Squawkers act like Woodson used the kid wrong . . LOL. No coach in their right mind would put Diaw as their center, unless something catastrophic happened.

But look what is happening to Boris now?

Kurt is healthy. Amare is trying to get back in the rotation. And who's the odd man out? Boris.

The Suns are in a situation where they need Kurt's rebounding and defense in the lineup, so they have to give him minutes. So now they're having to split time between Amare and Diaw, both who can't defend the post right now.

Boris have seen his shot attempts go down from 10.5 to 6.3. And because he's not getting nearly the touches he got last year, his overall impact on a game has dimished significantly.

Touches are down, minutes are down . . but because he's playing more small and power forward, instead of point center, his turnovers are very high at 3 per game because he's trying to beat fowards off the dribble who can keep up with him . . . instead of centers who can't.

And when they do put him at center, teams immeadiately attack him down on the block, and he racks up the fouls.

Phoenix caught people off guard with the way they used Boris. But with a year of looking how they use him, teams are making the necessary adjustments to neutralize him in that Phoenix attack.

NOW we'll see just how good of a player Boris really is.

But of course, Woody used Diaw wrong. LOL @ that crap. Diaw was a scared rabbit here, and everybody knows it.

They just like to complain about everything that we should've done, instead of looking at reality.