• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Holy cow, what a WIN

Admin

Quote:

I was jumping off my couch when we tied it up to send it to OT and was jumping up and down in OT. HUGE win. This is the first time in a long time I'm felt this good about the team. GO HAWKS!
smile.gif

I didn't really notice at the time, but according to the recap, Jojo scored on six consecutive OT possessions! That is clutch.

Quote:

Knight has been here 2002. That is more than enough time to produce something more than the slideshow of 6'9" wunderkinds who can't even win thirty games. As Texas Pete and myself have said previously this man has blown picks by taking decent players when we could have had much better.

Mrhonline, I did not say the Joshes and Marvin were the absolute worst picks. Reread my post prior to this one. I said that just because he did NOT make the absolute worst picks does not mean he should be kept.

If peddling mediocrity is sufficient for most of you then Pete Babcock never should have been fired. Pete at least managed to put together 50+ win teams to his credit. Using the new Hawks fans criteria that should put him somewhere between God and Jesus.
tongue.gif

can we say record flip flop this was from the thread this afternoon were Softy and Texas made it sound like the Hawks had no chance of being decent and we pissed away our future with Billy.

In a matter of 5 hours one can go from complete wretched hate for the make up of the team to quote " Never felt better about a team"

What do you expect out of someone that in the thread said Billy has had six or seven years to turn this around? way to pay attentoin and welcome to the bandwagon, you sir are the first to hop on from the otherside.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Knight has been here 2002. That is more than enough time to produce something more than the slideshow of 6'9" wunderkinds who can't even win thirty games. As Texas Pete and myself have said previously this man has blown picks by taking decent players when we could have had much better.

Mrhonline, I did not say the Joshes and Marvin were the absolute worst picks. Reread my post prior to this one. I said that just because he did NOT make the absolute worst picks does not mean he should be kept.

If peddling mediocrity is sufficient for most of you then Pete Babcock never should have been fired. Pete at least managed to put together 50+ win teams to his credit. Using the new Hawks fans criteria that should put him somewhere between God and Jesus.
tongue.gif

can we say record flip flop this was from the thread this afternoon were Softy and Texas made it sound like the Hawks had no chance of being decent and we pissed away our future with Billy.

In a matter of 5 hours one can go from complete wretched hate for the make up of the team to quote " Never felt better about a team"

What do you expect out of someone that in the thread said Billy has had six or seven years to turn this around? way to pay attentoin and welcome to the bandwagon, you sir are the first to hop on from the otherside.

The new rules on this site prevent me from telling you where exactly you can stick that post. I have been a Hawks fan longer than you probably have been alive let alone figured out how to work a computer to come insult people on it.

You'll forgive me if four years feels the same as six or seven. Or that Knight's bumbling has cost us the chance to draft better players. We could have a better team already instead of hoping enough lottery picks on the bench (two so far!) can produce enough to break the THIRTY WIN mark.

I am kind of glad you posted that flame actually. It saved me a chance to create a topic where I was going to admonish everyone here, myself included, that we are ALL Hawks fans and we ALL want to see this team win. I don't care how we win a title. I would kill to see the Hawks be pronounced as the NBA world championships.

If anyone on this site would rather see our team fail to prove a god damn internet argument then they need to be banned or the site taken down because the whole POINT of this place is for FANS to come together, talk about and ROOT for the team. If we have message board warriors who want to do something besides that then please quietly leave or hopefully change your attitude.

I have several valid criticisms of this team and the direction it has been in. I will absolutely continue to criticize the general manager, the coach and the players. I will absolutely ROOT FOR THEM and hope we WIN and have a chance to win a TITLE. If that makes me a "bandwagon" fan as a former season ticket holder whose father took him to games when Fast Eddie Johnson was here then call me a god damn "bandwagoner" all you want. I don't care. If the Hawks win, that's all I care about.

Kupo.

Edit: mods feel free to delete or modify this post if you feel the need.

• Premium Member

Actually what I said was "This is the first time in a long time I'm felt this good about the team" so get your facts straight before you want to flame someone. That is a COMPLETELY different sentence and meaning than what you made up to fit a flame. I can not remember the last time I've felt this good about the Hawks. It was probably back in the "playoff guarantee" season.

That has nothing to do with "I HAVE NEVER FELT THIS BETTER ABOUT A TEAM". The last time I felt that was right before we traded 'Nique in 1994 and I thought, as did a lot of Hawks fans back then, that our team was going to finally win the ring.

Feel free to make up more crap though. tongue.gif

Wonderful win. So far, JJ, Lue, ZaZa, Chill, and Smoove have started to show what they can do. I particularly liked it when Smoove got the ball late in the game without ZaZa or JJ on the floor, realized he had to be the man and drove to the basket and drew the foul. THATs what I've been waiting for from him.

Notice how many of the game recaps blame the Cleveland loss on their FT shooting. -- Without mentioning that we shot even worse (57%) than Cleveland.

Who's got a recipe for grilled crow? After the first game I thought we had last years team back - but now I need to find some sauce to eat that crow. Wow.