• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diaw having some weight trouble

I'm with you, Sothron. We had to endure a year of abuse as everyone came out of the woodworks to call Diaw the second coming (see Walton, Bill). The man basically sandbagged his talent here when it was badly needed and then decided to break out when he had no pressure to perform and open looks at the basket to boot; that's why I just can't stand him. Even Dion Glover would put up stats in that arena-league style of hoops Phoenix plays (then again, maybe not). I can't wait to hear about him sulking (won't be the first time, wouldn't it?) because he's not getting the 'love' he got a year ago and resembles the Kool Aid man than the All-World caliber player he and the experts believe him to be. Some in Arizona may call it vindictive; I call it poetic justice.

• Moderators

Speaking of Phoenix, I haven't seen our friends around here since they predicted doom and gloom after Marvin's injury (to be fair only one of them was a jerk about things). Interesting that we don't see them when Phoenix starts 1-3 and Atlanta starts 3-1 and when Diaw is sucking it up. I am sure it is a coincidence, though.

Last year all these people kept saying they would rather have Diaw for $3 million a year than JJ for $20 million a year.

Now the question is, would you rather have a hungry JJ and his 28 ppg, 6 apg, and 5 rpg for $12 million....or a hungry Diaw (get it?) and his disappointing statistics for $9 million a year.

I think the answer is clear.

Quote:

Last year all these people kept saying they would rather have Diaw for $3 million a year than JJ for $20 million a year.

Now the question is, would you rather have a hungry JJ and his 28 ppg, 6 apg, and 5 rpg for $12 million....or a hungry Diaw (get it?) and his disappointing statistics for $9 million a year.

I think the answer is clear.

that's a funny post grin.gif

This was one move by BK that I was totally in favor of from the start. Move a guy who clearly didn't want anything to do with our team for a guy who does. I'll bet that Bill Walton will come up with some excuse for him ('aww, what did you expect from a guy who should've been co-MVP with Steve Nash last year. He played in the World championships and he's just a little tired'). I wonder what he'll say when JJ is in the All-Star game while Diaw is in the stands watching (while chomping on fries, burgers, hot dogs, milkshakes, couissants,....).