• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

official Atlanta/Seattle game thread

gsuteke

Atlanta is 4-1 and coming off a huge win on the road. Seattle is 2-4 and coming off a road win right down I85 in Charlotte.

This game will be the 4th consecutive road game in a 5 game stretch for the Supersonics. They had lost the previous 3.

This game is a very good matchup for the Hawks. Seattle is a perimter team with Rashard Lewis and Ray Allen as their go to guys. Down low Nick Collison and Chris Wilcox man the boards, neither of whom should be able to push around Shelden.

The key to this game will be shooting percentage. As is the case every night Joe has to shoot 45% or better for us to have a good shot at winning this game. Seattle shot over 45% from the field last night against the Bobcats while hitting 40% (6 for 15) from three point range. The weird stat of the day goes to Seattle and their 0 blocked shots last night against the Bobcats.

If the Hawks are truly going to contend in the East over the long haul this is the type of game they must win. It's the 2nd game in a back to back stretch and they are coming off a long plane ride back from Canada. They probably didn't get home until after 4 AM. that being said Seattle hasn't been home 4 or 5 days. Sucking it up and protecting home court is a must for the Hawks.

The line (suprisingly) is Even. I will pick the Hawks to cover this one and win the game 88 to 79. Both teams will be tired so this may be a mistake filled ballgame.

GO HAWKS!!!!!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

There's nothing about Seattle that scares me... but I think this will be a tough game.

I don't respect Seattle's bigs. I think Ray Allen is old and content. I think Lewis is ready to go to Chicago or Milwaukee. I'm just not that impressed with them right now. However, they have all the potential in the world. Lewis is still a big time scorer. Allen scan still shoot you out of the gym. And the mixture of Petro and Big greek along with a player you love to hate like Fortson could easily put up a hard game.

This is the type of game we have to win in order to be considered amoung the good teams

It's a back to back with little rest after a easy victory against a team with potential... We have to have the desire to put this team out early... (ala Chicago Bulls 1998).

Quote:

There's nothing about Seattle that scares me... but I think this will be a tough game.

I don't respect Seattle's bigs. I think Ray Allen is old and content. I think Lewis is ready to go to Chicago or Milwaukee. I'm just not that impressed with them right now. However, they have all the potential in the world. Lewis is still a big time scorer. Allen scan still shoot you out of the gym. And the mixture of Petro and Big greek along with a player you love to hate like Fortson could easily put up a hard game.

This is the type of game we have to win in order to be considered amoung the good teams

It's a back to back with little rest after a easy victory against a team with potential... We have to have the desire to put this team out early... (ala Chicago Bulls 1998).

if only Joe could become "that guy" from that 98 team that wouldn't allow his team to come out flat after a plane ride from Canada. Smoove is saying that JJ is getting in their ears.

I am pretty pissed that this game is not on the NBA League Pass. I have only been able to see one Hawks game this year, and I was ready to get into a Saturday groove with this game. Looks like radio feeds and ESPN.com for me.

$200 for NBALP my ass.

Quote:

The cool thing is that since the BET Hip Hop awards are Sunday the stands may be filled with dozens of hip hop artists and other celebrities. It will be more star studded than a Lakers game.

OK, which Hawksquawkers are sitting where?!?!

Interesting stat from the Sonics website

Quote:

We might just have to accept that the Hawks are for real. Over the last five years, teams that have started 4-1 have made the playoffs 81.3% of the time

http://www.nba.com/sonics/news/preview061111.html

btw congrats to the guys who were smart enough to bet on the Hawks over/under for the season...bastards. grin.gif

Quote:

I am pretty pissed that this game is not on the NBA League Pass. I have only been able to see one Hawks game this year, and I was ready to get into a Saturday groove with this game. Looks like radio feeds and ESPN.com for me.

$200 for NBALP my ass.

ditto...what is up with that? i pay couple hundred bucks i better get ALL the games.