• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sheldon Williams comparison

codyatl

Lets give this guy a break please. Take a close look at Carlos Boozer who also played at Duke, is same body type as Sheldon.

Boozer's rookie season(82 games)

25mpg 53%fg 77%ft .7stl .6blocks 7.5 reb 10 pts

Sheldon(only 7 games)

20mpg 44%fg 2-2ft .4 stl .6blocks 6.7 reb 3.7 pts

Not much difference. I think Sheldon will be fine wether here or somewhere else.

Quote:

Sheldon(only 7 games)

These are early returns for SW compared to Boozer's season-long stats, but they absolutely do NOT support your argument! SW shoots 11% lower FG%, is almostly non-existent in terms of scoring, doesn't draw fouls and yet he was the most NBA-ready prospects?!?

Remember Carlos Boozer was the THIRTY FIFTH PICK IN THE NBA DRAFT and came our after his junior, not senior year like SW. For a 2nd rd, year less experienced player to be so owning SW to represent your example of why SW will be a good 5th overall pick...just crazy.

Role players like Boozer (and he is one, though a starter-quality variety, something I'm not sure SW will become) are OK if you don't fork out a top 5 pick to get them (or lose your head and pay what Utah did).

W

Quote:

Quote:

Sheldon(only 7 games)

These are early returns for SW compared to Boozer's season-long stats, but they absolutely do NOT support your argument! SW shoots 11% lower FG%, is almostly non-existent in terms of scoring, doesn't draw fouls and yet he was the most NBA-ready prospects?!?

Remember Carlos Boozer was the THIRTY FIFTH PICK IN THE NBA DRAFT and came our after his junior, not senior year like SW. For a 2nd rd, year less experienced player to be so owning SW to represent your example of why SW will be a good 5th overall pick...just crazy.

Role players like Boozer (and he is one, though a starter-quality variety, something I'm not sure SW will become) are OK if you don't fork out a top 5 pick to get them (or lose your head and pay what Utah did).

W

of course that comparison is silly Walter. if you want to argue Shellhead pick on somebody your own size tongue.gifgrin.gifshocked.gif

Quote:

of course that comparison is silly Walter. if you want to argue Shellhead pick on somebody your own size
tongue.gifgrin.gifshocked.gif

You lost me.

35th pick (poster's example of why SW will be "OK" tongue.gif) significantly > SW...yikes.

For many of you, you must be looking at SW with beer-goggles. Average rebounding and sex have something in common I guess. If you haven't had enough of either, especially with a little self-medication to settle your nerves and lower your standards further, some pretty d@mn ugly women and marginal mid-1st rd draft picks start looking better than they should or will.

Although it is better to regret drafting the wrong player...

W

• Premium Member

Quote:

Remember Carlos Boozer was the THIRTY FIFTH PICK IN THE NBA DRAFT and came our after his junior, not senior year like SW.

Carlos Boozer also got the highest contract that a two year player has ever gotten in the history of the game...

6 year 68 million dollars.

In the words of Rahkim... "It's not where you're from, it's where you're at."

If the draft Gurus would revisit that draft (2002)... Boozer would go 2nd overall!!!

Quote:

Quote:

Remember Carlos Boozer was the THIRTY FIFTH PICK IN THE NBA DRAFT and came our after his junior, not senior year like SW.

Carlos Boozer also got the highest contract that a two year player has ever gotten in the history of the game...

If the draft Gurus would revisit that draft (2002)... Boozer would go 2nd overall!!!

Walt you are a preacher of revisionist history. perhaps you can appreciate the post for what it is.

Shellhead is holding his own. the Hawks have a winning record for the first time in...........

yeah that's right. ride the wave and see where it takes you

Walt why won't you admit that this past draft was weak? You know Shelden wouldn't have fell out of the top 10 possibly not the top 8. Houston,Golden State or Seattle would have taken Shelden. I don't see 3 or 5spots as being much of a drop. He was the best "NBA Ready" bigmen so we drafted him. We didn't need Roy or Foye. We already had Josh Childress to be the backup 2guard. We took what we could get in a "crappy" draft

I totally agree, but in Soth's fantasy world he would have fallen to 12th, and we could have traded down and recieved 2 first round picks to do it. How hard is it? We need defence, we take the best defensive player in the draft. It wasnt a deep draft thats why NOBODY traded up or down to move. Guys would be at the spot they picked that they felt were of equal value.

Secondly for those that wanted Roy, thats like saying the Patriots shoudl have drafted Kyle Boler that year he feel in the draft cause he was the best talent. NM this Brady guy they have. WTF, you are bitching about a guy that would be behind JJ and Chill, getting 8-10 min. a game. Our defense wouldnt be improved, you would still have Este coming off the bench getting beaten down low. Nothing much would have changed, we would be losing, and then you be bitching about BK and this team. He goes out and gets what we need to help the team and contribute, so we can start to have sucess now, yet you still [censored].

People [censored] cause we didnt get this guy or that guy, I showed in a previous thread how every GM has had at least one bust. Every 1st pick of BK's is an important cog and contributor. So you may not be happy with the 5th pick, but its better then getting nothing ala Demarr, Darko, etc. When there arent deep drafts you cant create talent.

Quote:

Quote:

Totally agree. How someone can act as if Carlos Boozer production is "typical" from that place in the draft is ridiculous.

Honestly Walter, it's hard to believe you are an actual fan of this team. I'm sure if those last two close games went our way you wouldn't even be here.

BTW can you respond to the Sene vs. Shelden challenge thread. OK so Shelden, after a couple games, doesn't measure up to one of the greatest 2nd round picks of the past 10 years. I'll take 15 rebounds over whatever production your baby Sene would've given us.

Sothron at least has a great deal of credibility as a fan of this team. I question how he can criticize the Shelden pick in light of his favored selection Patrick O'Bryant, though.