• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

name one obtainable star player that would help...

flava

name one obtainable star player that would help the hawks right now. obviously garnett comes to mind, but we'd have to give up smooth and chills to get him. free agent wise, i think billups would help tremendously. there wouldn't be a need for speedy, but billups would give us defense, scoring and leadership, allowing JJ to be even better...

flava

Quote:

Riiiiiiightttt...so you're saying you wouldn't give up a role player (Chills) and a player with a lot of potential but will likely never be consistent (Smoove) for a future HOF'er?

YEah like that future HOFer has tons of years left in the tank. Josh Smith is 21 and has more potential than any player on this roster. That would be a ridiculous trade for a team that is a couple years away from contending for a title. Considering Garnett will be regressing in a couple of years, I would not be down with that.

By then Smoove could be a 20-10-5-3 guy.

Quote:

By then Smoove could be a 20-10-5-3 guy.

Operative words there? "COULD BE."

I'd trade 3-4 years with Garnett, pairing him with JJ and making runs at the playoffs and further. You guys would rather keep Smoove and Chills in the hopes that we see the playoffs in the next 3-4 years. That makes no sense at all. None. You cannot make a logical argument that supports your position. Here are Garnett's career stats:

MPG FG% 3p% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG

38.2 .493 .296 .775 2.8 8.4 11.3 4.5 1.4 1.7 2.56 2.60 20.4

What you hope Smoove COULD BE is what Garnett has been his whole career and will continue to be for the next 3-4 years.

Anybody that wouldn't welcome this trade is being just plain silly. KG is possible the most complete player in the NBA, pts,blks,rebs,asst, and stls.

I love Josh and Josh, but I still think it would take more to get KG. If thats all it took any GM would break an ankle getting to the phone as fast as possible.

KG has been in the league for awhile, but he too was a HS guy. he still has 5-7 years left in him. Like Sothron pointed out there could be (which I see remote) that one of those guys isn't even here that long. JJ and KG would be like a Shaq/Wade combo. Im sorry but in the East KG would instantly become the best pf in the east.

Imagine:

Speedy

JJ

Marvin

KG

zaza

Bench:

Lue

Salim

Shelden

LO

We made need to draft a shooter or try and sign a swing man for depth(who would have guessed another one). This trade would be the best thing for the Hawks.

However, all that being said there is no way Minn. does that trade. The latest rumors are KG for Lamar odom and Andruw Bynum, a all-star PF and a budding true 7 foot center. Thats quantium leaps more talent then Chill and Smoove. It might take several picks and another player to close the salary difference.

i don't know about that trade honestly. Garnett and Joe Johnson would be a heck of a duo and then adding Marving to the mix well it could be nasty...

IF i felt Garnett could be as good as he is now or very close to that for at least 5 years then I'd do it. but he's thin and is a post player so i dont know.

HOWEVER labeling Josh Smith as always going to be inconsistent when he can't even drink legally is absurd. In my opinion he's on track and maybe even a bit ahead of schedule as far as his development.

no need to even really discuss this.

He'd be one of the top 15 NBA players at least through JJ's contract at which time we could decide to go in many directions. I think ZaZa and Garnett would pair well in the post. Same with inside out with JJ and Garnett. One or both of JS and JC are leaving as they wouldn't remain as BUs. Might as well make a play for greatness. Of course, I can't see Minny doing it.

Those who argue otherwise. Don't get it. If Garnett puts up only 85% of his career numbers he's still better than JS and JC.

W

I would trade for Garnett as well. The problem is it's not possible without giving up JJ. Not because of talent, but because of matching salary. I think Minny would trade for a package of our young players and picks, but it wouldn't come close salary wise.

Nice idea, but simply not possible.

I agree Sothron. We need to get Marvin back ASAP and our team will be ready for war. If Speedy's pathetic ass would quit being a baby and start playing some ball then maybe we have a really good team in place. There really isn't a star out there worth giving everybody up for. I like the team we have now except the PG position because Speedy has shown me NOTHING so far. Marvin will BE that second scorer no doubt especially after watching Smoove try it. He obviously can't create his own shot or get to the line consistently. Marvin can do both of those things which is why he will score more.

• Premium Member

Smoove, I know some are going to flame me for this but wtfever, really needed to go to college for at least a year. He has some confidence issues in his offensive role that I think a year at college would help. Look at Marvin: he knows his role, he can create his own shot, has the range and athletic ability to attack the rim or work the perimiter with his jump shot.

Smoove simply can not do that. Maybe in 3 years he can but Marvin is our second scoring option.

I agree with ya Gutzy about Speedy. I was very hesitant about his signing because of his injury status and the fact he is a HORRIBLE and I mean HORRIBLE shooter.

But all this talk about trading for guys is just not going to happen. We have the judge orders against us and the inability to go over the cap. Plus who are we going to get? We really only need a low post scorer and a real point guard that can stay healthy. Who are we going to A: get that from and B: what in the hell are we going to give up for it?

• Premium Member

Quote:

There is no attainable star we could trade for. Once Marvin comes back we will have our second scorer. We need a point guard but that's going to take the draft to fix.

I was having some thoughts about Ben Gordon the other day. If the Bulls continue to suck, do ya' think...

...Nah.

Quote:

Quote:

There is no attainable star we could trade for. Once Marvin comes back we will have our second scorer. We need a point guard but that's going to take the draft to fix.

I was having some thoughts about Ben Gordon the other day. If the Bulls continue to suck, do ya' think...

...Nah.

No, i watched like 3 Bulls games so far and Gordon is a great player and a good scorer, but he doesn't play good defense and doesn't involve others he is just a scoring guard. His field goal % is pretty low.

He is like a better version of Salim.