• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

name one obtainable star player that would help...

flava

• Premium Member

Quote:

No, i watched like 3 Bulls games so far and Gordon is a great player and a good scorer, but he doesn't play good defense

He's often guarding bigger players. Put him next to JJ and you should see his defensive efficiency improve.

Quote:

and doesn't involve others he is just a scoring guard.

JJ is and always will be the primary "facilitator," unless Jason Kidd or Steve Nash are acquired.

Quote:

His field goal % is pretty low.

He takes a lot of threes, so a FG% in the 40's is actually deceptive. His TS% (which takes into consideration how much each shot is actually worth) was similar to JJ's last year. (BTW, Childress was 2nd in the league last year in TS%).

Quote:

He is like a better version of Salim.

A MUCH better version.

Quote:

Quote:

ben gordon = chucker.

Based on what? Again, he's a career 41.5% 3 pt. shooter. Those are exactly the kind of guys you WANT chucking up threes. (Ahem *Josh Smith* Ahem).

Cause he shoots every time he gets the ball, no one likes to play with those type of guys.

If all it took to obtain KG was the Joshes, I would impersonate BK on the phone and make the deal myself (like Kevin McHale would know the difference). Trade a guy with ridiculous potential (note the word, POTENTIAL) and a career role player (just like a hamburger; you can get one anywhere, depending on what you want and how much $$$ you're willing to spend) for a first-ballot HOFer who isn't washed up, ala Moses Malone, Reggie Theus, Sidney Moncrief, and others the Hawks brought in who were long past their primes. I don't believe that there is anyone on this board who, if put in the proverbial 'room of truth', would pass on it without the need of a designated driver to get home afterwards. The guy has some wear on his body but he still has more than enough in the tank to be MVP-caliber for another 3 years and All-Star worthy for three more. If MW is everything folks on this board says he will eventually be, he, KG, and Zaza would be deadly. And I haven't even mentioned JJ yet in the equation. Imagine KG, JJ, and an up and coming MW in the East; are you kidding me? The Hawks would be annual contenders for the next 5-7 years, starting the instant the deal was announced. We'd be talking about homecourt seeding after the All-Star break THIS SEASON and not about who looks good in the NCAAs for BK to get with Indy's pick. And what upcoming free agents wouldn't mind playing with that group, especially considering how popular Atlanta is with pro athletes?

Wait a minute, even Minny isn't that 'effin' dumb. This would never happen, even in Harry the Hawk's best wet dream.

The problem is that minny already has a host of wing players, and their real weakness is at PG and bigman. If we gave offered them the two joshes, it wouldn't make sense for minny. Unless they can onsell one of them in a package with some of their other lil guys for a good big.

But if minny wanted to do it, I would do it in a heartbeat.

I mentioned Billups a couple of days ago as a possible target for the Hawks next offseason. I think he would be the final piece to the puzzle. We would have the best backcourt in the league. Great defense on the perimeter. Scoring. Passing. they can do it all. Oddly enough i think this would give us an inside game as well. Against most teams at least 1 of them would be able to post up against smaller gaurds. Trade speedy for a decent backup big man.