• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Only way to argue against Shelden is if

Admin

you aren't actually watching the games. So far this year we have gotten nothing from our big FA signee Speedy. Z is the same as last year, JJ is a little better. Smoove and Chillz are about the same, same for Lue ... and yet somehow we have had the ability to win every game this year outside of the Philly game which wasn't that bad either. I'm not saying that Shelden is the only reason, but to not believe that having him in there directing the defense and playing terrific position defense and providing excellent rebounding isn't having a huge effect on our team is very short sighted IMO. Stats don't tell everything.

• Premium Member

There's this guy called Lo Wright (Lo Down to me) who has been great in defense, rebounding and hustle for us as a backup big man. If you are watching the games you know what he's giving us and he's not getting any kind of credit for it. Shame.

Shelden(The Landlord) first off is a ROOKIE people. Second he is 100times better than what we had last year in Esteban and the bum Edwards. Shelden is still improving every game and leading all rookies in Rebounding. Give him more than 8 friggin games to show what he can do. He is still just getting his feet wet. If Woody would run some damn plays where Shelden posts up his man, his offense would only get better. He CAN score inside and be a force if given the opportunity. I'd rather Shelden have the ball inside trying to score more than Smooove who has zero post moves.

• Premium Member

My point is: waaaay and I mean waaaay too much credit for the "tough big man play" is being given to Shellhead and not one bit is given to Lo Down. And its simply not fair or true. Lo Down has made more of an impact in his time on the floor than Shellhead has and that deserves some dap.

I know Lo Down has been solid for us off the bench but I don't think he has outperformed Shellhead in anyway and i've watched all the games. Shellhead is rebounding more each game and they barely score between the two of them. Shelden is averaging 4.1pts and 6.5rb. while Lo Down is averaging 4.3pts and 4.3rb a game. And shelden is only averaging 2more minutes a game than Lo. You also have to remember Lo Down IS a 31yr. old 10yr veteran while shelden is still only a 23yr old rookie. Shelden IS a better rebounder than LO Down already because he is bigger and stronger on the box but of course Lo has the experience. I honestly don't think anyone is giving either one of these guys the credit they deserve because they have both improved our team tremendoulsy from last year.

I don't think that SW is ever going to be great. That is not expected nor what we need of him. To this point I have impressed with his presece on the court. Hanging in there in the paint, not shying away from contact. Very seldom do big guys make an immediate splash. He is getting his feet on the ground and will blossom in time.

I didn't want Shelden, but he's done better than I expected. He is just a rookie so he needs a little time to adjust - - like everyone else. I've watched the games and I haven't been jaw-dropping impressed. In fact, he's looked like a solid bench player so far. But let's wait and see. (He seems like a nice kid.)

Personally I thought Chill and Lue have been bringing a lot more this year but that is subjective.