• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Smoove is this team Michael Vick

WraithSentinel

He is popular among fans well the casual fans. He frustrates the loyal fans of the team. He is not a SF and he is not a PF. He has the ability to play both though. He just doesn't do it well. He will show flashes of playing great for several games. Then revert back to his old ways. He try to be too flashy at times and force the issue. He should be showing signs of progress but still make rookie mistakes. He remind me of Vick.

I don't think Vick tries to be flashy. He is running for his life on 75% of passing downs. Although I do agree that you either love him or hate him...that is the similarity.

I root for Smith the same way I root for Vick. They play for my team and as long as they are on the court or field, I cheer them. Why complain? It's entertainment and fun.

Interesting thoughts.

It makes sense in some ways but not in some other ways.

The expecation and responsibility on Vick's shoulder is monumental compared to that of Smoove.

I doubt Smoove will ever be great enough to achieve single handedly what Vick has already done almost all by himself. If anything Vicks reminds me of Jordan's first few years until Pippen and Grant matured and the Pistons grew old.

Smoove is missing a lot of basic skillset. Vick has it all.

I will be happy if Smoove can become an average of Harold Miner and Michael Jordan.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I will be happy if Smoove can become an average of Harold Miner and Michael Jordan.

I would be happy if Josh Smith became an energy guy that eventually understands how he can help the team win instead of looking at himself as the guy that needs to make the play everytime he gets the ball. If he ever approached Josh Childress' understanding of the game, he would be a valuable member of this team even if he is not a pure power or Small forward. I see our potental future bench as Lue, Childress, Smooth, Freije, & Solomon Jones.

i can see where you're trying to go with it but i don't think it's the case. i think josh is immensely talented like vick is but he's not the focal point of our team. Joe is. but josh is young and is working hard to get better.

the popping threes thing is not too big of a concern because he seems to be trying NOT to do that (at least in the last game) and when he's playing more at the 4 due to Marvin, being back, he'll have less chance to shoot it.

Smoove is like Vick because

A)He's a polarizer- People either love him or hate him. Some people have an agenda and hide under a rock when he performs well and come out to gladly bash him when he struggles.

B)Excitement Factor- Love him or hate them, no one can deny the excitement that Smoove and Vick bring to their respective sports. And they both sell tickets because of that excitement

C)Potential- Because of their athletic ability, they both have ridiculous potential. Michael Vick has potential to be the most dangerous quarterback in the history of the game if he improves as a passer.

Josh Smith has potential to be Vince Carter on offense, and Ben Wallace on defense. That's a combo this league has never seen.