I must say...

unknownjdb

I just heard a soundbit of the Josh Smith post-game interview and it impressed me. I think his presence is improving. I'd actually say that he looked better in front of the camera than Joe does. Joe actually seems to stumble quite a bit. Did anyone else see he on "Tuesday with Ahmad" a week or so ago? Talk about kringing...

Oh, and great game. I wish I could have seen it, but so it goes. Whoever did have a chance to see it, I'd truly appreciate some commentary on the game.

It was an ugly game for the most part. We'd go on a run then they'd go on a run. The turning point was midway through the 3rd when Josh Smith blocked what looked to be an open dunk for Bosh. Josh then hustled back to the other end and dunked the ball with Graham hanging on his back. I'm sure that sequence will be on Sportscenter later. TJ Ford made it really close in the 4th by making some crazy shots. His ability to finish in the lane was unreal. It was like whatever he threw up went in. We eventually held them off, but we would've probably won the game by 10 or 12 if TJ didn't go off.

What was really ugly was how we let TJ Ford score 19 points in the fourth. Someone should've knocked his ass off the court.

Also, the three he shot that clunked on the back of the rim and went in. Steve Smith commented that was the new ball. The old one wouldn't do that. He also commented about JJ's FT shooting being related to the new ball???

Smoove and JJ played great games. Hate that we have to rely so much on TLue. He gets carried away. All in all it was a good game. Check out sportscenter. Josh blocked a shot at one end and then jammed it on the other. Very awesome.

One other thing. The first quarter while Speedy was in, he showed flashed of his old game. Made several jumpers, drove to the basket and dished. That's what we need. Just makes me nervous about his knees.

Salim got more time and looked comfortable. Made 1-2 baskets.

Magic tomorrow night? Gotta win home games.

Quote:

People complain they don't bash Josh Smith but why do they hide when he has a good performance and come out in bunches when he has a bad one? If you ask me, that's having an agenda.

I am not a basher, but it's better to say that someone needs to improve than to say that he is best whatever he does. Smoove played a good game, but he still shoots 37% from field which is extremely bad for a athletic swingman.

For example, Why doesn't anybody say how good Zaza has been so far??

He has improved on D tremendously, he is even averaging a block per game. Not to mention that he is scoring 15 points per game on 52% from field.

• Moderators

Josh Smith is also polarizing to some extent because he is the pivotal player for many of our wins and losses. We win some games were you can directly point to him as the catalyst and a difference-maker and some games when he does not play well the absence of a positive impact is felt much more than someone like Chillz who is more consistent but whose efforts don't seem to traslate as directly into Ws and Ls.

I love Josh Smith but think shot selection and ballhandling are items 1 & 2 on his to do list.

If Josh plays like he did last night for the rest of the year, I will not complain about him ever again...

He does not need to be shooting the ball...unless it is a layup or a dunk, but he can still take over a game with assists, blocks, steals, etc.(Like he did last night)

He played a very smart game yesterday...Let's keep it going.

Quote:

Quote:

People complain they don't bash Josh Smith but why do they hide when he has a good performance and come out in bunches when he has a bad one? If you ask me, that's having an agenda.

I am not a basher, but it's better to say that someone needs to improve than to say that he is best whatever he does. Smoove played a good game, but he still shoots 37% from field which is extremely bad for a athletic swingman.

For example, Why doesn't anybody say how good Zaza has been so far??

He has improved on D tremendously, he is even averaging a block per game. Not to mention that he is scoring 15 points per game on 52% from field.

I think ZaZa is playing great. I still want more (shot altering) defense and rebounding (6.9 RPG in 32.5 MPG) from the center position but I love ZaZa, especially at his price. If we had a well-height/sized, legit star at Pf he might be the perfect center. We don't so we have to decide which to "fix" and how.