• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Notice how this board lights up when we lose

Peoriabird

• Premium Member

People come out of the woodwork to criticize somebody. Someone even started a tread to criticized Cedric Bozeman as if he had 1st round pick expectation. Listen people, the Hawks are 5-6, second in their division and are playing without Speedy, Childress, Marvin, and last night without Wright on a second leg of a back to back against a good team. What do you expect? Good grief, I want the Hawks to win every game also but atleast give them the benefit of the doubt when they are missing key ingredients for long periods of time. You can't judge this team adequately until all of out players are back.

Are we blind to the point that we can't understand that our uneven play is due to key injuries? Bozeman should not be playing at all, Feije should not be playing at all, Lue should not be playing that many minutes, Smith should not be playing that many minutes, Joe should not be playing that many minutes etc, etc, etc.

Its not Bk's or Woodsen's fault that we have injuries! But I think that Woodsen has done such a good job managing these injury that people have started to expect to win regularly even without Marvin or Childress which I think is ludicrous! But yet people still bash him. Oh well go figure.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Agreed 100%. I thought people used to be negative because of the losing. But this year we're still around .500 and people only want to comment on negativity. Maybe this fanbase doesn't deserve a winner after all. It doesn't seem like they'd even know how to enjoy it.

I mean its amazing to me! We are seeing some of our rookies developing like Shelden Williams who is a rebounding machine and now finding his offense & Solomon Jones Who had 5 block shots in the first game he gets significant minutes, but all this guys can talk about is how bad of a shooter Cedric Bozeman is. And how we need to sign another point guard after the 1st 11 games as if there is a starting point guard hanging out in the nbdl or out of work. This is a board full of clowns

Look at it this way, last year at this time we were talking about whether the Hawks would go down in history as one of the worst teams of all time.

This year people are bitching about needing a healthy point guard.

Sounds like improvement to me!

That said, the Hawks will need a healthy Speedy Claxton if they hope to make a run a the playoffs this year.

• Premium Member

Quote:

This year people are bitching about needing a healthy point guard.

Why [censored] about that? Its just an unfortunate circumstance just like shaq having knee surgery.

Quote:

Sounds like improvement to me!

Typical response from a sophisticated Atlanta sports fan

Quote:

That said, the Hawks will need a healthy Speedy Claxton if they hope to make a run a the playoffs this year.

I'm assuming that you know that you are stating the obvious! I hope you also know that we will need all of our starters healthy and key back ups to make a playoff run.

Take it easy there partner. I was purposefully stating the obvious so as to demonstrate that even if the team were 11-0 there are always things to complain about. Even the very best constantly scrutinize their performances so it natural for fans to point out areas where the team needs to improve - whether that improvement is due to experience, health, coaching, roster additions, execution, etc.

Did you not notice the smiley face?

• Premium Member

Quote:

Take it easy there partner. I was purposefully stating the obvious so as to demonstrate that even if the team were 11-0 there are always things to complain about. Even the very best constantly scrutinize their performances so it natural for fans to point out areas where the team needs to improve - whether that improvement is due to experience, health, coaching, roster additions, execution, etc.

Did you not notice the smiley face?

Sorry, I'm so tired of reading walter's constant rants about players coaces and the GM that I guess I've become a little defensive. But when people start to complain about Bozeman's skills as a starting point guard at some point you have to say enough is enough! News flash to poster that don't know why Bozeman plays at all.. Speedy Claxton is injured

The constant ragging on Bozeman is the only thing that really bothers me anymore. The man was not drafted. He was injured for the majority of his last year in college. He signed with us out of training camp, expected to fill a role similar to what Freije is doing right now. Maybe five minutes a game when Speedy and TLue need a breather. Unfortunately, Speedy is injured right now, and Lue's defense is nonexistant. Therefore, when it's more important to limit the defense instead of scoring, Bozeman is our only option at the point. You shouldn't expect him to be Mookie Blaylock because he has the "defensive sub" label, it just means that he's not going to get blown by on layup drills.

• Premium Member

No one should be ragging on Bozeman. Anything we get out of an undrafted player is a positive and should be treated accordingly.

However, correctly pointing out that signing Claxton with his massive injury history was questionable is a different matter. Hopefully he somehow finds a way to stay healthy and shoot better than a one armed grandmother. We need it.