• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

If Gasol is "available", how much would you give?

Guest Walter

Quote:

And?

Shelden is the better player, I would prefer to keep him over Zaza.

same here. gasol can play center if we keep shelden here. zaza isn't soft but i'm just not comfortable with zaza and gasol together. i also want to keep childress. gasol and lowry for josh smith, salim, zaza, speedy or lue and indy first round?

• Premium Member

I would offer the following deal IF Gasol is willing to play center:

Zaza + Salim + Indy 1st. If Memphis wants to rebuild, this is a great start IMO because it gives them a young center, a dead-eye shooter, a first rounder, and instant cap relief.

The only thing else the Hawks could offer would be either of the Joshes, and I think that would be a mistake unless something else is coming back.

• Premium Member

Okay, after looking at what other teams' fans are offering, I think the Hawks would definitely have to add in another player.

Question - would you offer this for Gasol (and some meaningless filler):

Zaza + Salim + Smith + Indy 1st

Or would you pass? (It's an awful lot to give up).

Claxton/JJ/Marvin/Shelden/Gasol

with Lue/Bozeman/Childress/Jones/Wright off the bench...

• Moderators

Why would Memphis want the crap from NY? Frye has been horrible this year and Francis is just about done as a frontline starter in the NBA. I can't imagine NY getting involved in this deal like this.

Plus, if Memphis really did want those guys they could just trade Gasol straight up for them.

Sorry but Shelden can play Center if Zaza can! Zaza is horrible on defense and not that much better offensively posting up anyways. Shelden can play Center if given the opportunity. The guy looks like a beast out there for 6'9. I think we can all agree he can play Center better than Zaza right? I mean they both weigh about the same around 260lb. Shelden is stronger but Zaza has an 1 or 2in. on him but it doesn't matter since Zaza cannot jump or play D. I don't want to lose Shelden no matter what. This guy is going to be good if we give him the minutes and chance to score. We already know he is a beast on the boards and good defensively. I still think we can run a lineup of:

Speedy

JJ

Marvin

Smoove

Shelden

Its small but I think we could dominate teams at times. At least we can implement that lineup during different times of the game when Marvin gets back.

By Ronald Tillery

Contact

November 29, 2006

DENVER -- Grizzlies president Jerry West privately rolled his eyes at the notion.

His boss, the team's majority owner Michael Heisley, has a more difficult time sitting back and digesting frivolous trade rumors.

Advertisement

Three-day-old conjecture that All-Star Pau Gasol is available for a trade compelled Heisley to issue a public service announcement to the rest of the NBA.

From Heisley, with disdain: Don't bother calling.

"There's no damn way that anybody is going to trade Pau Gasol," Heisley said, his voice booming through the telephone. "I'm telling you that ain't going to happen. That's out the window."

Heisley reacted Tuesday to growing speculation generated first by a New York report that said the Boston Celtics had inquired about Gasol.

While that is true, the Celtics were rebuffed just like any team would be barring an offer that included one of the league's megastars (i.e. Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, etc).

Even that sounds nonsensical, which was Heisley's point.

But that didn't stop a Chicago columnist from proposing a swap with the Chicago Bulls.

"Here's a scoop," Heisley said. "I'm going to contact Cleveland to try and get LeBron James. So put in the paper that Cleveland's interested in getting rid of LeBron James.

"Why would we trade our franchise player? Just like why would the Lakers trade Kobe Bryant? Why would Cleveland trade LeBron James? That's not going to happen. We're not trading Pau."

Heisley said he's confident Gasol would remain a Grizzly for a long time, even with the team's pending sale.

Heisley is expected in Memphis on Friday -- the same day the local owners must decide whether they intend to match Brian Davis' offer to purchase Heisley's 70-percent share.

Heisley said he also plans to address several matters involving the team.

"We've got to do a better job of selling tickets," said Heisley, whose main purpose for visiting is to participate in the Grizzlies' involvement with Lift Up America.

Beginning Friday morning at 9 on the FedExForum Plaza, more than 30,000 pounds of Tyson products will be distributed to the Memphis Food Bank and other area social service agencies.

Grizzlies players Eddie Jones, Rudy Gay, Kyle Lowry, Alexander Johnson, Dahntay Jones, Mike Miller and Jake Tsakalidis will join initiative partners, fund providers and agency representatives to help distribute donated items.

Quote:

Quote:

..."There's no damn way that anybody is going to trade Pau Gasol," Heisley said, his voice booming through the telephone. "I'm telling you that ain't going to happen. That's out the window." ...

Hmmm? Reading between the lines, it sounds to me like they may be shopping him smirk.gif

How many coaches have been publically supported by team owners, college presidents, etc. just before the ax? Heisley himself may not remain with Memphis so his words only go so far as he stays long. Heisley may even have to say this if new or potential owners are worried. I don't know the ownership situation there so I can't really speculate.

It never was about "reality" much anyhow, just the idea of an inside/outside game with JJ and Pau Gasol. We need that kind of equal interior compliment to JJ and it doesn't come often.

W

Quote:

Quote:

JS, SW, and our Indy 1st?

Was suprised at the rumor per realgm and just wanted a few thoughts.

W

Wow. that would be a steal.

Yeah a steal for them. Trade away the player with the most potential on this team along with our most polished interior defender for a guy who can just fill up a stat sheet?

I'd rather keep Zaza. His defense is about as good as Gasol's. ooo.gif

Why would Memphis do that? They already have Hakim Warrick, Rudy Gay and Stromile Swift who are athletic 6-9 forwards.

Think about it that way, are we going to trade Gay, Swift and a first round pick (between 15-20) for our only superstar, JJ? No.

Gasol has more value.

Lakers can give Odom, Mihm (expiring contract), Turiaf and a 1st rounder for example. Still Bynum, Gasol, Kwame and Vlad on the frontcourt. Makes sense for both.