• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Game really got away from us, but we didnt fold

Admin

T-Lue has been THE MAN and is the only second option we have right now in the crunch. I don't think plays are called for him though, he creates his own shot or is left wide open when Joe is doubled. When he took it to the rim last night, that sealed the game and my fandom (very dramitic I know) I wonder if Speedy shouldn't be backing up T-Lue instead of the other way around. It really doesn't matter I guess when Lue is the one closing out games.

It is early and every NBA team does make a run. However, you would like to see some creativity when a team is determined to stop the one play we seam to run. I am holding out hope that Marvin is the answer - he was a changed man in Summer ball.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

I have hope that we will get better when fully healthy, but there's no guarantee that we will ever be fully healthy. So we have to learn to win with what we got.

Does anybody give Miami a pass when Shaq is holding his toe in a suit on the sideline?

As long as we have JJ, Zaza, and lue.. we should be good enough to manhandle a team like charlotte. The fact that we showed that we could last night and in the same breath almost lost the game is a sign that we have more work to do.

• Premium Member

Hwven't you ever wondered why we lose close games?

Forget this resting on the fact that we're 6-7.. I think honestly, we could be 10-3 and that's without those guys who have been hurt for most of the young season.

You don't get better if you always have a mindset of complacence. So what we're 6-7. WE should want to be better. We can be better.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Does anybody give Miami a pass when Shaq is holding his toe in a suit on the sideline?

Uh Yeah!

Quote:

As long as we have JJ, Zaza, and lue.. we should be good enough to manhandle a team like charlotte.

[/indent]

Didn't this same team beat New Jersy last night and San Antonio earlier this season? And neither of those teams had any injuries. Start being a fan and not a critic most of the time.

• Premium Member

I would like to see how smug some of you would be today if we would have been up by 24 and lost...

This place would be totally different.

The funny thing is that we almost did.

It's like a school that almost got shot up but the kids gun jammed on him so he couldn't do it. Should the school then be applauded for snuffing out a possible terrorist attack??

Gerald Wallace got hurt bumping waistlines with Smoove. At the point, Charlotte had all the moment. JJ fustrated, Zaza invisible, Smoove messing up... It was the same story we see every night.... The only difference is this time lady luck sat on our bench...

ANd you guys are SMUG...

Oh, we won by 9?

Did you watch the game???

We won, but it was nothing to celebrate.

We should probably try to find another offensive option...

• Premium Member

Quote:

Gerald Wallace got hurt bumping waistlines with Smoove. At the point, Charlotte had all the moment. JJ fustrated, Zaza invisible, Smoove messing up... It was the same story we see every night.... The only difference is this time lady luck sat on our bench...

We should probably try to find another offensive option...

Dude, we have been saying in so many threads that we need Marvin & Childress back. What are you missing?

• Premium Member

Quote:

Hwven't you ever wondered why we lose close games?

Because we are missing key players

Quote:

Forget this resting on the fact that we're 6-7.. I think honestly, we could be 10-3 and that's without those guys who have been hurt for most of the young season.

That is obviously an opinion which has been proven wrong

Quote:

You don't get better if you always have a mindset of complacence. So what we're 6-7. WE should want to be better. We can be better.

Some of us understand how important Marvin & childress are to the success of this team. Other think that we should cruise to victories with out them. It will all become clear to us in a month.

Quote:

The 4th quarter spoke volumes about us.

We are a 2 man team. When I looked up... I saw Zaza, JSmoove, and Salim all uneffective. We had a 24 point lead for God sakes.

My Hawks fandom was on the line. I drew the line in the sand last night... If we would have lost it... I couldn't follow this team any longer.

We won, but we barely won. I think right now, Lue should be our player of the week candidate. The guy hits big shots!!! I don't know why Woody has such a quick pull on Shelden. I don't know why Smoove stays on the floor... Smoove was a mess. He was so indecisive... His confidence is taking huge blows. Like I have said before, Smoove and Chillz needs to be in a chair taking 400-500 shots a day. For Smoove, it should be a rolling chair... His Shooting off the dribble is horrid!

It was a win for the Hawks... BUt i was disapppointed!

i think all of a sudden there are about 247 people that wish the Hawks would have lost last night now

grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

btw, our average win-by points this year was 9 before last game, and thus is still 9

our average lose-by points is 6.78, tho 5 of the 7 were 5 or less, but 2 bad games brought that up

so we win by more than we lose

the least we've won by is 4 points...after that they were all 9+ points...so we aren't just barely winning, we are doing it convincingly at the end of the game (even if we do have misteps earlier on)...the problem is we've lost 3 games by either 1 or 2 points...and 2 of our losses were in OT...so they are heartbreaking

we could easily be 9-4 right now instead of 6-7 if we won those 3 2-or-less losses

Although I appreciate you hawking my NBA live coaching DVD...apparently, you need to get one and play it yourself. Because your grasp of all things basketball baffles me. The Bobcats are young, like the Hawks, but I was at the game and we were all talking about Charlottes (mostly young) talent:

Okafor

Felton

May

Morrison

Brevin

Brezec

Wallace

They aren't that bad. A win is a win. We held them to 36%. Move on.

• Premium Member

How is anything you've said and understanding of basketball even related in the thread? Hey coach, did you even read the thread previous to just blurting out some ill gotten comment?

We're not talking about youth?? We're talking about how it is that we blew a 24 point lead... It happens in the same fashion all of our games have happened for about the last 2 weeks.

Teams figure out that all our guys are doing is that one handoff play from Zaza to JJ.. they defense it by doubling and the rest of our team is sitting around watching JJ.

Our saving grace last night was the fact that Gerald Wallace got hurt, Derrick Anderson couldn't hit the ocean from the shoreline, and TLue saved us. Statwatcher don't know that Tlue's drive to put us up by 5 actually won the game. They actually think we had a 9 point lead all in the fourth... So for those who keep saying "we won by 9".. I realize that they probably didn't even watch the game. For those of us who did watch the game, you can't tell me that with a minute left you thought "the Hawks has this game in hand".

My point is we won.. Good. However, we still have lots of work to do before we really talk about being as good as our record. We've been lucky.

Moreover, Marvin is still unproven.. so I'm not putting great wishes on him!

Quote:

How is anything you've said and understanding of basketball even related in the thread? Hey coach, did you even read the thread previous to just blurting out some ill gotten comment?

We're not talking about youth?? We're talking about how it is that we blew a 24 point lead... It happens in the same fashion all of our games have happened for about the last 2 weeks.

Teams figure out that all our guys are doing is that one handoff play from Zaza to JJ.. they defense it by doubling and the rest of our team is sitting around watching JJ.

Our saving grace last night was the fact that Gerald Wallace got hurt, Derrick Anderson couldn't hit the ocean from the shoreline, and TLue saved us. Statwatcher don't know that Tlue's drive to put us up by 5 actually won the game. They actually think we had a 9 point lead all in the fourth... So for those who keep saying "we won by 9".. I realize that they probably didn't even watch the game. For those of us who did watch the game, you can't tell me that with a minute left you thought "the Hawks has this game in hand".

My point is we won.. Good. However, we still have lots of work to do before we really talk about being as good as our record. We've been lucky.

Moreover, Marvin is still unproven.. so I'm not putting great wishes on him!

You are talking about the Hawks blowing a 24 point lead, not "we."

Hey coach, did you even read the thread(?)....... grin.gif

• Premium Member

I really don't know how to respond Diesel when you are complaining about the quality of a win. Yes, obviously, we came close to blowing the game but we didn't. Some of these games are going to be lost after we have a huge lead and in some games we may actually come back and win one.

I just don't understand being negative after we win a game. Maybe there is something to this site have people that maybe even on a subconcious level are happier when we lose so they have something to post about.

Quote:

I really don't know how to respond Diesel when you are complaining about the quality of a win. Yes, obviously, we came close to blowing the game but we didn't. Some of these games are going to be lost after we have a huge lead and in some games we may actually come back and win one.

I just don't understand being negative after we win a game. Maybe there is something to this site have people that maybe even on a subconcious level are happier when we lose so they have something to post about.

Bingo!

I just remember sitting in the arena game after game losing by big numbers wondering if we were ever going to even be competitive. Yes, we blew a big lead. It happens in the NBA, teams usually go on runs. They went on a run and we responded before the game got away. JJ and Lue made some plays and the defense stepped it up. Why complain about a win? I still have 13-69 fresh in my mind.

PS-We didn't have Lo, Chill, or Marvin. Speedy isn't anywhere near where we thought he would be. And we are still doing OK. Marvin is a proven NBA player and a good one. The only thing we don't know is just how good he will be this year. But I'm guessing 14 and 7. That is a huge add for the Hawks. Childress is a 13 and 5 guy who plays defense. The bottom line is we miss those guys and JJ and Lue won't have to be great every night for us to win.

It is simply ludicrous to complain about any win in these circumstances. Sorry you don't get it.

Quote:

My Hawks fandom was on the line. I drew the line in the sand last night... If we would have lost it... I couldn't follow this team any longer.

When things are good (we win) you bash. When things are bad (we lose) you seem to be happier...

Quote:

Quote:

When things are good (we win) you bash. When things are bad (we lose) you seem to be happier...

check the sig. it is what it is.