• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Game really got away from us, but we didnt fold

Admin

Quote:

Quote:

My Hawks fandom was on the line. I drew the line in the sand last night... If we would have lost it... I couldn't follow this team any longer.

When things are good (we win) you bash. When things are bad (we lose) you seem to be happier...

D's a Hawks fan - he just has high expectations (IMO). I was the same way the other night dissing Salim when we lost a close one to the Wizards. Salim was 3-6 but I really thought he could get it done on that last (or next to last) shot from the corner that would have won the game for us. He didn't and I called him a goat. Unfair but I really wanted the Hawks to win that one.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

See the problem is this...

You only look at the W or the L.

Let's look at it from a different perspective.

We let the worse team in the league come back from 24 down to get within three points.

Yes, it's about quality.

Now... Charlotte is the worse team in the league and they can do that. What happens when we play better teams?

A couple of months back when football season started... I pointed out the falcons running game was great but the passign game was weak... Many of you squawkers said " it doesn't matter, we're winning with the run, Vick will get better with passing".

The point is that a W is everything... Sometimes, you have to consider the quality of the W. Some wins are of such lacking quality that it's just like a loss and some losses are of such quality that it's just like a win. The last game was a game that felt like a loss because we allowed the worse team in the league to hold us, stop us, and out play us to the tune of a 21 point turn around. Old ass Othella Harrington looked good?

Quote:

See the problem is this...

You only look at the W or the L.

Let's look at it from a different perspective.

We let the worse team in the league come back from 24 down to get within three points.

Yes, it's about quality

ROFL

Funny i don't remember you talking about quality of the wins last year. in fact when the hawks beat Denver (in OT)

when they were decimated by injuries here is what I said;

Quote:

The Hawks werent as bad as people thought when they were

2-16, they aren't as good as they look winning 4 of 5. They are the same team.

and

Quote:

I like winning too, but right now I am paying more attention to how they play. If a team is missing 5 of their best 7 players and playing their 6th game in 9 days on the road, they shouldn't take the Hawks to ot. How would the Hawks look without 5 of their regulars?

Your response?

Quote:

I mean your excuses for our winning is classic!!

You say:

"Well, we only won because Al and JJ got hot".

" Well, we only won because we were hitting out shots"..

Look Exodus... It don't matter if we win because the other teams is busy watching drunken Monkeys make love on the big board... A win is a win is a win.

I don't care if we win because Dominique takes the other team to Magic City before the game... A win is a win.

I don't care if we win because BK pays the other teams to take it easy... A win is a win.

and

Quote:

It don't matter if we beat Mello and his Mama.. If she was wearing a Nuggets jersey... then it's still a win for the Hawks.

Quality wins?

• Premium Member

From the same thread you just posted....

Quote:

JJ had 9 assists and ZERO turnovers to go along with 30 points. WOW!

This is your comment. NOW obviously, you must have forgotten the conversation.

I also applauded how the Hawks played and won the game for which you made excuses for the other team...

Quote:

They were able to get away with it today since they were playing half a team. Whenever either JJ or Al takes over 20 shots that is a problem.

I still don't see a problem with that if that's how we play. Your argument then wasn't about the quality of our play...otherwise, you contradicted yourself then. Your argument was that we were playing half a team and won by luck.

Listen to the part you left out:

Quote:

Come on, it's been about 4 yrs since we've won 4 of 5 and definitely a long time since
we've looked good on the road
. And you want to say everything negative that you can about the Hawks.

My statement then was that we played good enough to win...

QUALITY BASKETBALL.

Again, my focus then and now is not on what the other team does, but what we do!

If we play well and our two best scorers score... and we win... good... I could care less about the other teams doing or undoing.

However, if we play badly win or lose, I'm going to mention that as well.

To me, losing a 24 point lead to the worse team in the league is not quality basketball.

Quote:

My statement then was that we played good enough to win...

QUALITY BASKETBALL.

We didn't play quality basketball, that's just it...

Oh i forgot that blindspot you have about defense.

This is what i said then.

Quote:

However they are giving up 47% shooting to their opponents. Only two teams are worse, Toronto and Seatle. The last two games they have won because they were very hot from 3. However you can't shoot that well all the time. Shooting blows hot and cold. It is much easier to be consistent on D.

If they do keep Al, their poor defense will prevent them from getting near .500. I still think 25 wins is about right.

Denver was playing WITHOUT 5 OF THEIR TOP 7 PLAYERS and still took us to overtime because we played poorly.

Funny how you talk down about the Hawks when they are 6-7.

Quote:

I still don't see a problem with that if that's how we play.

The reason you don't see the problem is because your memory is faulty. The Hawks were horrible in November because JJ and Al were hogging the ball too much and forcing up bad shots.

Exodus, you hit the nail on the head about defense. We actually play some defense this year and it has kept us in games. We held the Bobcats to 36% for the game. In the end, despite what Diesel is saying, it wasn't Lue's shot that won the game. It was the defense during the last 3 minutes. We choked them off. Period. The defense kicked in and we made a few plays down the stretch. Ballgame. Sorry to ruin the D-man's pity party but if the Hawks keep playing defense they will win their share of games.

• Premium Member

Again,

You flop and miss the boat once again.

You

You got mad after we beat an injured Denver team missing 5 of it players and proclaimed that it's not a legit victory because of Denver.

Here's the norhtcyde quote that really hits the nail on the head of your point:

Quote:

I'm glad Shaq is playing tomorrow night. Because if he wasn't, and we happened to win, that wouldn't be a "legit" win either.

Me

I see that we won a game, let the worst team in the league come back from being down 24, and we look bad doing it... i.e. Our one play offense was exposed.

Whereas you only looked to talk about the Hawks not playing well for the sake of talking about Al's defense and blaming our defensive woes on one player. While blaming our win on what happened with Denver.

I'm talking about the Hawks play period. I don't have any one player I'm pointing the finger at (like you). I'm saying that as a team, we have to play better than we played.

Now last year, our offense was JJ and AL. I had no problem with that because that was the game plan. You however flip flop your dislike by saying:

First: Denver was missing 5 of 7 players.

Second: You're worried about Ivey.

Third: Their defense is lame.

Fourth: Al and JJ shot too much.

Come on Ex. How much flipping do you need to do. You should get a show... Flip this post.

The point then was that you couldn't appreciate that our team played well... Hell, JJ and Al had phenomenal games..

What about this past game against Charlotte did the Hawks do so well.

Nothing but win it in the end.

See, that's judging the quality of the game.... Not this pansy back and fourth that you do just looking for a reason to discredit the team to point a finger at a player you dislike.

I figured with AL gone, you would have nothing to post about these days. Now, i guess your post will all relive the Al era? You're like tired ass Rush Limbaugh still trying to blame the war on Bill Clinton... give it up...

Quote:

The point then was that you couldn't appreciate that our team played well... Hell, JJ and Al had phenomenal games

No the team didn't play well. They shot 42% from the field and played lousy D. JJ and Al combined to shoot 41%.

The reason they won is that they played a team that dressed only 7 players and was playing their 6th game in 9 days on the road.

I can't make it any simpler than that.

In the Charlotte game the Hawks held them to 36% shooting and only 22 pts in the paint which allowed them to win even though they were short handed and the only guys who could score were Lue and JJ.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Again,

You flop and miss the boat once again.

You

You got mad after we beat an injured Denver team missing 5 of it players and proclaimed that it's not a legit victory because of Denver.

Here's the norhtcyde quote that really hits the nail on the head of your point:

Quote:

I'm glad Shaq is playing tomorrow night. Because if he wasn't, and we happened to win, that wouldn't be a "legit" win either.

Me

I see that we won a game, let the worst team in the league come back from being down 24, and we look bad doing it... i.e. Our one play offense was exposed.

Whereas you only looked to talk about the Hawks not playing well for the sake of talking about Al's defense and blaming our defensive woes on one player. While blaming our win on what happened with Denver.

I'm talking about the Hawks play period. I don't have any one player I'm pointing the finger at (like you). I'm saying that as a team, we have to play better than we played.

Now last year, our offense was JJ and AL. I had no problem with that because that was the game plan. You however flip flop your dislike by saying:

First: Denver was missing 5 of 7 players.

Second: You're worried about Ivey.

Third: Their defense is lame.

Fourth: Al and JJ shot too much.

Come on Ex. How much flipping do you need to do. You should get a show... Flip this post.

The point then was that you couldn't appreciate that our team played well... Hell, JJ and Al had phenomenal games..

What about this past game against Charlotte did the Hawks do so well.

Nothing but win it in the end.

See, that's judging the quality of the game.... Not this pansy back and fourth that you do just looking for a reason to discredit the team to point a finger at a player you dislike.

I figured with AL gone, you would have nothing to post about these days. Now, i guess your post will all relive the Al era? You're like tired ass Rush Limbaugh still trying to blame the war on Bill Clinton... give it up...

Well I guess the best defense is a good offense. Ex proves that Diesel's thread is the opposite of how he felt about the Hawks when Al was here last year but rather than admitting to Ex you got me, he goes on the offensive. No wander youlike al so much grin.gif

• Premium Member

Exactly.

i don't care what the other team is doing, if they do it and we win, we win.

However,

If we win and have played badly... winning that different.

Unlike you my "longing for the Al Era" friend, I don't give other teams excuses for losing to the Hawks.