• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks near .500; SWilliams making positive impact

Nurlman

• Moderators

Quote:

Kentucky is still the daddy of them all, I'll concede that.

I hope Roy can close the gap a bit on a few of those categories - National Championships, total wins and winning percentage. The conference championships thing is as apples to oranges as it gets!

I agree with all that - except the hope that Roy will close the gap a bit! wink.gif

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Kentucky is still the daddy of them all, I'll concede that.

I hope Roy can close the gap a bit on a few of those categories - National Championships, total wins and winning percentage. The conference championships thing is as apples to oranges as it gets!

No argument here. As much as I hate UNC (although with much respect) I shiver when I see Kentucky in Dukes bracket. They seem to always knock out my Dukees in the tourney. I'd rather play UNC.

Chillz, I absolutely don't believe BK is taking us in the right direction. Same as I thought Lenny was coaching us in the wrong direction. I treated them the same and posted about them in the same manor only you agreed with me about Lenny Wilkens and didn't question my approach or fan credentials. Why you do now is disengenuous and frankly small of you.

I want title contention. That's the only reason you leave mediocrity to go through 13 win seasons. If you insist "wait and see" is more team patriotic, then wave your flag of patience proudly. That is not my opinion! Got it? Good.

W

Quote:

Chillz,
I absolutely don't believe BK is taking us in the right direction. Same as I thought Lenny was coaching us in the wrong direction.
I treated them the same and posted about them in the same manor
only you agreed with me about Lenny Wilkens
and didn't question my approach or fan credentials. Why you do now is disengenuous and frankly small of you.

I want title contention. That's the only reason you leave mediocrity to go through 13 win seasons. If you insist "wait and see" is more team patriotic, then wave your flag of patience proudly. That is not my opinion! Got it? Good.

W

Lenny coached us in the wrong direction?? Are you kidding me?? That was one of the best Hawks squads we've EVER put out on the court. I hope to God BK coaches us in the same direction Lenny did. Too bad that squad wasn't a little deeper or younger.

Actually there's no telling how far we could have gotten in any of Lenny's years had there been no MJ in the league.

Quote:

Lenny coached us in the wrong direction?? Are you kidding me?? That was one of the best Hawks squads we've EVER put out on the court. I hope to God BK coaches us in the same direction Lenny did. Too bad that squad wasn't a little deeper or younger.

Actually there's no telling how far we could have gotten in any of Lenny's years had there been no MJ in the league.

• Moderators

Agreed. Lenny was MUCH better as a coach with a veteran squad than he was with a young group of players who needed developing. He wasn't a good fit after we decided to rebuild. Of course, Lon Kruger was an absolute disaster so it is all relative.

• Premium Member

I think that there were certain things that Lenny would not have taken... Like Smoove shooting threes would have gotten him on the bench.

Still, I think that we all have gained an appreciation for good defense by watching Hawks teams coached by Lenny.

So why bash him?

He just pointed out some things that were true.

Maybe our coaching staff should get the tape and listen.

Such as:

Work on Boxing out...

How is that a bad thing?

Do not run the 1-2-2...

It is the easiest zone to beat with our personell... may as well run a 2-3. I'd prefer a Junk zone like a triangle and 2 like Utah used to run!!!

Do not put JJ on the floor without a ball handler

We're doing too much as it is.

Say something to Smoove about those threes

Nothing new there.

If we're going to be short in the frontcourt, at least be good defensively

Can't say much about that either.

I think we're offended this morning because Lenny was Critical instead of complimentary? It would be dishonest to be complimentary after the way we played last night.

• Admin

and there's a huge difference in your posts then and your posts now. Now, the only time you post, is to remind everyone of your opinion that:

1. we're not contenders and never will be with this roster

2. We made draft decisions that you don't agree with

what you want is something that isn't here yet. You know that. So why keep trolling around with the same tired posts? WHY??? That's what I want to know! WHY???! Why can't you get it through your head that everyone is tired of reading the same things from you? Are you 13 years old? Do you read my posts and the posts of others, asking you to stop already, and just giggle to yourself, happy in the fact that your annoying people? Is that what it is? Are you just trying to be obnoxious because think you can? That's what children and internet trolls do. I want to know. Because an adult wouldn't continue to drone on and on, after being asked to stop, unless they were going out of their way to annoy people.

Quote:

and there's a huge difference in your posts then and your posts now. Now, the only time you post, is to remind everyone of your opinion that:

1. we're not contenders and never will be with this roster

2. We made draft decisions that you don't agree with

what you want is something that isn't here yet. You know that. So why keep trolling around with the same tired posts? WHY??? That's what I want to know! WHY???! Why can't you get it through your head that everyone is tired of reading the same things from you? Are you 13 years old? Do you read my posts and the posts of others, asking you to stop already, and just giggle to yourself, happy in the fact that your annoying people? Is that what it is? Are you just trying to be obnoxious because think you can? That's what children and internet trolls do. I want to know. Because an adult wouldn't continue to drone on and on, after being asked to stop, unless they were going out of their way to annoy people.

Maybe its because he's the only one with common sense around here? Maybe because he's the only that sees that BK is a total tool and a joke of GM? Maybe because he was one of the only ones that pointed out the mistakes the organization was making and now that his predictions are being validated by the Hawks losing you all have your panties in a bunch? Maybe because he isn't content with being average and actually wants the team to be a success, i.e. a winning team/contender, and everyone else seems so content to be subpar?

Quote:

phx_suns said:

Maybe its because he's the only one with common sense around here? Maybe because he's the only that sees that BK is a total tool and a joke of GM? Maybe because he was one of the only ones that pointed out the mistakes the organization was making and now that his predictions are being validated by the Hawks losing you all have your panties in a bunch? Maybe because he isn't content with being average and actually wants the team to be a success, i.e. a winning team/contender, and everyone else seems so content to be subpar?

How nice. A guy who has wet dreams every night about getting the 4th pick from us next year is in the Walter fan club. If that doesn't show Walter what he is, nothing will. Hey, BK stole an MVP level player from you. The same way you stole Barkley and Nash, only younger, much younger.

Here is one for the troll:

From another thread:

Dakin's post:

I haven't watched him play at all this year but it's interesting (and unsurprising) to see what some fans are saying about his disapointing season. (from espn board)

Quote:

"The biggest complaint that should be made about Diaw is his not taking shots when he should be. Diaw is such an unselfish player, but he needs to take the shots sometimes to help the team. I would love to see Diaw work on driving the ball to the rim, then taking the shot and learning to get the contact and the foul.

But Diaw is only 24 and still has plenty of time to continue to develop. He also needs to improve defensively. Hopefully KT can help Diaw and Amare in that area"

Quote:

boris is feeling his way out .....and his passing out for threes instead of taking a free layup or dunk bugs me just a bit, but it is something we can live with...with the guys on this team used to getting alot of shots i'd rather see boris playing too unselfish right now than too selfish

ive said this before but it bears repeating...if the suns could teach boris to be just a bit more selfish and lb to just be a tiny bit more unselfish or more accurately if those two had nash's knack for knowing when to shoot and when to pass the suns would be virtually unbeatable

It all sounds pretty familiar. What was up with him last year I wonder??

Quote:

JJ is averaging 3 times as many points as Diaw. Put that in your pipe and smoke it, troll.

i truly believe that with Joe on there team they probably would have won the title last season.

i can understand why he feels like he must take out his frustration on us, the keepers of the "key."

That wasn't Lenny coaching us in the wrong direction, that was our GM GMing us in the wrong direction. You give J.R. Rider to any coach and I guarantee you they wouldn't compete. Even Phil Jackson, the King at getting talented rejects to play to their potential couldn't do anything with him. Problem was not Lenny, that's for sure.