• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Smith Injury update from AJC.com

SmooveTheFuture

They also lost starting small forward Smith in the third quarter when he was poked in the eye chasing down a rebound. Smith was scratched just below his left eyeball and did not return, leaving the building with a patch over the eye.

His availability for the Hawks' game Sunday in Portland won't be known until before game time.

I dont know how you take it the part about having a patch over the eye doesnt sound too good.

But the Hawks lost Josh Smith in the third quarter. He got scratched in the left eye and didn't return. Coach Mike Woodson listed him as day-to-day with the team heading off a West Coast road trip for five games in eight days.

Woodson has listed him as day to day but he also had Childress day to day recently as well. I guess we will find out more before Sundays game vs the Blazers.

Quote:

Thanks BK - you totally blew up the team and therefore destroyed our depth. U got us here pal.

are u joking?

we are the 5th/6th seed and THREE of our top 6 guys have missed most of the season

we do have depth...sure, our 13th man on the bench had a bad game last night, but that doesn't mean we don't have depth

lue=one of best backup pgs in the league

chill=one of best backup sg/sfs in the league

shelden=strong rookie of the year candidate as a backup to us (unless smoove or marvin are backups!)

lo wright=one of best backup centers in the league

plus we have slim as a sniper off the bench

that's a deep top 10 there

solo is showing promise as a rookie, bozeman/frieje are role players who play good defense and frieje was known as a shooter but is in a slump thus far...role players at 12/13 is fine

Quote:

...lo wright=one of best backup centers in the league

solo is showing promise as a rookie, bozeman/frieje are role players who play good defense and frieje was known as a shooter but is in a slump thus far...role players at 12/13 is fine

I agree to a point - but Lo? c'mon? and the others could be easily replaced by NBDL guys. As far as 1 through 9 - we do have good depth. My point was that you have to anticipate problems (injuries) and plan for that contingency. We obviously haven't and it's costing us.

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks BK - you totally blew up the team and therefore destroyed our depth. U got us here pal.

are u joking?

we are the 5th/6th seed and THREE of our top 6 guys have missed most of the season

we do have depth...sure, our 13th man on the bench had a bad game last night, but that doesn't mean we don't have depth

lue=one of best backup pgs in the league

chill=one of best backup sg/sfs in the league

shelden=strong rookie of the year candidate as a backup to us (unless smoove or marvin are backups!)

lo wright=one of best backup centers in the league

agreed....how is it possible we turn this into a BK's fault issue? absurd.

Quote:

...agreed....how is it possible we turn this into a BK's fault issue? absurd.

No it's not DH....it is absolutely a failing of management. WTF - we have had draft picks out the ---- becuase we have sucked (record-wise) and all we have in the clutch is Freije? C'mon man - it's phookin ridiculous.

• Premium Member

Quote:

No it's not DH....it is absolutely a failing of management. WTF - we have had draft picks out the ---- becuase we have sucked (record-wise) and all we have in the clutch is Freije? C'mon man - it's phookin ridiculous.

You are just trying to aggravate people right? You are not serious I hope.

Quote:

Quote:

Serious?...did you see Matt last night?

I came from a military family and my Dad always told me the quote from Robert E. Lee..."ametuers think about tactics - professionals think about logistics"

We obviously have screwed up as far as logistics - meaning having reasonable backups when we need them. shocked.gif

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I came from a military family and my Dad always told me the quote from Robert E. Lee..."ametuers think about tactics - professionals think about logistics"

We obviously have screwed up as far as logistics - meaning having reasonable backups. shocked.gif

O.K. I'll play. Do you really why freije was in the game? We had 3 forwards out due to injury and Lo Wright had to move to center because Zaza had 5 fouls. So that is 4 Forwards out of the mix. That leaves Freije, Shelden, and Solomon Jones. Woody chose Freije but to say it was a lack of depth is screwy. We can suit up to 8 guys that can play forward. that is our strongest position. Just yesterday, poster were trying to figure out how to get our top forwards minutes but yet you claim its a position that lacks depth. Interesting

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

We obviously have screwed up as far as logistics - meaning having reasonable backups when we need them. shocked.gif

LMAO !! You need to be in a comedy club or something.

If anything, fault Woody for playing the Deep Freij 22 minites last night. When this team is at full strength, Freije is at best the 11th man on this team. No team expects the 11th man to be a key contributor to a team.

But when 3 of your SFs are out, and your only other alternative is to play JJ at the 3 ( which would force him to guard LeBron, plus be the main scorer on the offensive end ), you can't blame management for that.

Woody went with the Deep Freij, hoping he could provide some offense, and the move backfired.

Don't be surprised if Freije is cut as soon as Childress is healthy.

LOL @ not having reasonable backups when we need them.