• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

10 points is the magic number!

terrynoonan

What a joke. Like we aren't sucking just as much when it's a 5, 6, 7, 8, or 9 point deficit? Does anyone need a more basic example of how this guy is out of his league. He doesn't even understand when to stop a run. I think he doesn't call timeouts because he doesn't know what to say when he does. It's their fault, not his. He is a loser. Someone argue with me on that. Please. As a player and a head coach, he knows a lot about losing. Why are so many of you apologists for him? I love the Hawks. I want us to win, I'm just not stupid. This team could win 50 games with a Paul Silas or Van Gundy type. We're headed for 34-38. Mark it down.

If he can't play chess in early regular season can you imagine how badly he'll be outsmarted in the playoffs?

I am sort of hoping that we do bad enough in December to get a new coach who is experienced. This team is out of Woody's zone. He has taken them as far as he can. He should become a college coach. When the injured players come back and start dominating the east they'll only cover up Woody's lack of guile. If we need to be at the top we need a top coach. Woody can't ride BK's coattail forever.

• Premium Member

Quote:

If he can't play chess in early regular season can you imagine how badly he'll be outsmarted in the playoffs?

I am sort of hoping that we do bad enough in December to get a new coach who is experienced. This team is out of Woody's zone. He has taken them as far as he can. He should become a college coach. When the injured players come back and start dominating the east they'll only cover up Woody's lack of guile. If we need to be at the top we need a top coach. Woody can't ride BK's coattail forever.

What are you guys complaining so much about? The team is injured, Everyone up until this point had no beef with Freije. So he gamble with him and lost. He won't do that again.

Here is the thing that I can't understand, everything that goes wrong with this young team seems to somehow be related to Woody. Smith ball handling problem and his insistance on going one on one...Somehow Woody manufactured it. Smith's bad shooting and his insistance on lauching 10 threes in a game...Somehow Woody told him to do this. Stoudamire one dementional game and his selfish play...Somehow Woody manufactured that. Shelden's lack of offensive polish...Somehow Woody told him not to work on his offense. Zaza's insistance on putting the ball on the floor in traffic...Somehow Woody told him to keep doing it. The overall lack of playmakers on the team that are healthy last count only Joe and Lue can make plays...Somehow Woody has manufactured that. All of the injuries to speedy, Childress, Marvin, and now Smith were caused by Woody.

Lets face reality guy...All of you guys that are screeming now were the same ones predicting 30-35 wins at the beginning of the season without the injuries because you new that this was still a very young team and that they had to learn how to win games. The one thing that suprised everyone was how the defense improved over the summer which elevated everyone's expectations. Young teams still do dumb stuff during crunch time to lose games and teams are smart enough to get the ball out of Joe's and now T. Lue's hand and force someone else like Smith, Shelden, or Zaza to make a play which the cannot do.

So please tell me somebody, when the ball is trapped out of Joe's hand and T. Lue's man stays at home, What do you do if you are losing by one with less than a minute to go in the game?

Quote:

This team could win 50 games with a Paul Silas or Van Gundy type. We're headed for 34-38. Mark it down.

Sorry...no coach on earth could get this Hawks team to win 50 games while Marvin, Chill, Smoove, and Speedy are injured. I'm surprised we're even as competitive as we have been.

Prognosis: Expect a horrible western conference swing over the next 5 games, becuase we're outgunned, plain and simple. I'm not saying Woody's a great coach, but there's just not a lot of talent to work with right now.

Quote:

Quote:

What are you guys complaining so much about? The team is injured, Everyone up until this point had no beef with Freije. So he gamble with him and lost. He won't do that again.

Here is the thing that I can't understand, everything that goes wrong with this young team seems to somehow be related to Woody. Smith ball handling problem and his insistance on going one on one...Somehow Woody manufactured it. Smith's bad shooting and his insistance on lauching 10 threes in a game...Somehow Woody told him to do this. Stoudamire one dementional game and his selfish play...Somehow Woody manufactured that. Shelden's lack of offensive polish...Somehow Woody told him not to work on his offense. Zaza's insistance on putting the ball on the floor in traffic...Somehow Woody told him to keep doing it. The overall lack of playmakers on the team that are healthy last count only Joe and Lue can make plays...Somehow Woody has manufactured that. All of the injuries to speedy, Childress, Marvin, and now Smith were caused by Woody.

Lets face reality guy...All of you guys that are screeming now were the same ones predicting 30-35 wins at the beginning of the season without the injuries because you new that this was still a very young team and that they had to learn how to win games. The one thing that suprised everyone was how the defense improved over the summer which elevated everyone's expectations. Young teams still do dumb stuff during crunch time to lose games and teams are smart enough to get the ball out of Joe's and now T. Lue's hand and force someone else like Smith, Shelden, or Zaza to make a play which the cannot do.

So please tell me somebody, when the ball is trapped out of Joe's hand and T. Lue's man stays at home, What do you do if you are losing by one with less than a minute to go in the game?

Excellent post.

No sane Hawks fan was expecting this team to be more than a 32 - 40 win team, even if EVERYONE were healthy. The fact that we're 6 - 8 right now is pretty much what I expected from this team, even though we could easily be 9 - 5 right now.

If you told me back in the summer that we wouldn't have Marvin to start the season . . Speedy would break his hand before the preseason and be 50% - 75% to start the year . . and we'd lose Childress for 6 weeks ( which it will be if he's out for another 4 weeks ) . . that we'd be ANYWHERE close to .500, I'd say that you were crazy.

People love to blame everything, but the obvious.

I guess you have to blame Pat Riley for the horrible start of the Heat as well . . even though they don't have Shaq and didn't have J-Will for about 3 weeks into the season.

If by the end of December, the Hawks are 12 - 17 . . 13 - 16 . . Woody would've done a heck of a job with this M*A*S*H unit of a team we have right now.

How many of you would've been content with a 13 - 16 record going into January, before the season started?

If I were to talk like Dennis Green ( coach of the Arizona Cardinals )

"The Hawks are who we thought they were".

So stop acting like we have some juggernaut of a team filled with veterans and guys who know how to play the game. We're a young, schizophrenic team that will drive us crazy all year with their inconsistent play ( both good and bad ).

That's who we are. So some of you need to accept that.