• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

ZaZa's defiencies

Blunt91

Why is it that it seems ZaZa has to make at least 1 or 2 dribbles before he shoots the ball? Why doesn't he catch and shoot it if there is enough space between he and his defender? Seems like alot of times against bigger centers and good defensive teams he gets in trouble when he tries to take it inside. He also has a tendency of trying to draw the foul on his opponents by either acting like he got his on the hand or either flopping and falling on the floor. Steve Smith has said in the past 2games that Zaza needs to stop doing that but yet the coaching staff apparently doesn't see it or Zaza just isn't listning.

Yeah - that is right - Zaza is borderline on offense. He does get rebounds though and doesn't seem to be afraid of bigger guys - serious lack of help D. I dis him on occasion - but he is generally OK (IMO).

If Zaza was more aggresive Shelden wouldn't be on the bench with fouls as much.

Quote:

Why is it that it seems ZaZa has to make at least 1 or 2 dribbles before he shoots the ball? Why doesn't he catch and shoot it if there is enough space between he and his defender? Seems like alot of times against bigger centers and good defensive teams he gets in trouble when he tries to take it inside. He also has a tendency of trying to draw the foul on his opponents by either acting like he got his on the hand or either flopping and falling on the floor. Steve Smith has said in the past 2games that Zaza needs to stop doing that but yet the coaching staff apparently doesn't see it or Zaza just isn't listning.

well the guy is still young and is learning still to be a starting center in the league. you can definitely see how he has worked on his offensive game with some nice post moves. i think he's still learning. now whether coach is telling him about that or not i'm not sure, you would hope he would though.

• Premium Member

Quote:

well the guy is still young and is learning still to be a starting center in the league. you can definitely see how he has worked on his offensive game with some nice post moves.
He is still learning!!!!!

*Ding* *ding* *ding

Zaza's defiencies are pretty much everything...Except Offensive Rebounding.

Ya post him up, he turns it over. Ya give him a wide open jumper, he misses almost every time.(Still better than Josh Smith) I'm not even getting into his D, because it is disgusting.

He does seem to find the O rebounds though, so I guess he is good for something.

Quote:

Ya post him up, he turns it over. Ya give him a wide open jumper, he misses almost every time.(Still better than Josh Smith) I'm not even getting into his D, because it is disgusting.

He does seem to find the O rebounds though, so I guess he is good for something.

That pretty much sums it up JJ.

• Premium Member

Quote:

The Guy is terrible!

He only scored 20 points, only shot 70% from the field, only grabbed 11 rebounds, only had 1 block, Only 2 steals, only 2 assist, and 0 turnovers.

This guy stinks! Dumb azz fans

If you watch the game, especially in person, Zaza makes so many bad moves that you think he really sucks. Then you look at the stats and have to say he's OK, maybe he'll learn. I think he's a quality backup or piece of a two man center duo. We just gotta find his counterpart....or of course just find a better starter and let Zaza backup. Maybe practicing with Shelden will help, Shelden has much better fundamentals and footwork, just not quite the size.