• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks Untouchables....

Diesel

• Premium Member

Speaking of leadership quality...

The way his team mutinied in the fourth is just another sign that he may not be a leader. I tried to suggest that maybe it was because his team is young, but we're younger and we never go away from JJ when the points matter.

Quote:

Speaking of leadership quality...

The way his team mutinied in the fourth is just another sign that he may not be a leader. I tried to suggest that maybe it was because his team is young, but we're younger and we never go away from JJ when the points matter.

Not to say that Randolph is a leader at all, but this comparison is bullshit. First off, Johnson always has the ball in his hands because he is the playmaker for this team. The offense runs through him. Randolph doesn't bring the ball up the court, so he has to rely on getting the ball through people passing to him or getting the rebounds. Second, the Portland team last night was full of shooters. The easiest way to make up a deficit is to drain threes, it just so happened that the ball was not falling for them that game, so the team was criticized for not getting the ball more. Had Lue not made his shots, he would have been criticized for not deferring to Joe (Like he is playing tonight)

Tonight has absolutely PROVED that the Hawks need a post threat. Joe is having another great game, but you can't expect him to score 50 a game. Lue has been ineffective (and is due for a degression, he is obviously not a 50% shooter), and when he can't shoot, JJ carries the load by himself, not only to score but to set other people up to score.

No, Randolph is not a plus defender. However, you also talk about how the Hawks are a top 10 defensive team right now, and you know as well as I do that Childress and Marvin haven't played at all this year, so we're a top ten defensive team without them. And, like I said, put Randolph at the PF spot is no less effective than putting Smith there.

It's a risk picking up Randolph, because we got burned by Portland before, and Randolph has the same risks as Rider (temperment, not to mention his high salary). However, I think the pluses outweight the benefits in this case.