• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Lue putting up strong numbers

exodus

Quote:

Lue's PER of 20.48 is ranked 8th in the league among pgs. His TS% of 60.3 is 4th.

I know is defense is weak but those are gaudy numbers for a backup pg.

When we'll have a couple of more scorers, and his chucking drops out of necessity, his ppg will go down big time. We need him now more than any other team, but don't you think we have picked his market value? When our players come back wouldn't we be wise to trade him for a pass first defensive point guard?

We can't really trade him now since we don't have anyone to replace him. I don't think the young guys are ready to take over his scoring load. He is a leader on this team and it would be a jolt to trade him mid-season.

However since this is his contract year it wouldn't surprise me if this is his last year in a Hawks uni. Someone will probably make him an offer this summer that BK is unwilling to match, especially if they draft a pg.

Off the top of my head the only midseason trade i can think of that would make sense would be for Jordan Farmar.

Quote:

When our players come back wouldn't we be wise to trade him for a pass first defensive point guard?

that's sounds like claxton whenever he heals. right now lue is too valuble to the team as a leader for us to trade. maybe if we slide during jan. we might trade him at the deadline, but seeing as though BK hasn't traded anyone with a good attitude during his time here. i don't think he's going anywhere.

Quote:

Quote:

When our players come back wouldn't we be wise to trade him for a pass first defensive point guard?

that's sounds like claxton whenever he heals. right now lue is too valuble to the team as a leader for us to trade. maybe if we slide during jan. we might trade him at the deadline, but seeing as though BK hasn't traded anyone with a good attitude during his time here. i don't think he's going anywhere.

Even if we don't slide, with Claxton+MW+Chillz at 100%, and the other's continuous improvents, Lue has no other way to grow and his role will continue to diminish. I know he is funny and lovable and nice but we may be losing an opportunity by holding the card too long.

For Miller it has to be a package. Any ideas?

I don't get it.

to field a playoff team you need to run 8 to 10 deep. i hated Lue last year but I love him just as much this season.

he's where he belongs, at the BU position giving the team some major spark off the bench.

subsequently who ends the game is more important than who starts it. Lue has been invaluable towards the end of games this year.

Quote:

I don't get it.

to field a playoff team you need to run 8 to 10 deep. i hated Lue last year but I love him just as much this season.

he's where he belongs, at the BU position giving the team some major spark off the bench.

subsequently who ends the game is more important than who starts it. Lue has been invaluable towards the end of games this year.

I love him too. Please read the thread. The point is that his value is bound to go down soon, if the law of average gives us our injured players back.

Quote:

Quote:

I don't get it.

I love him too. Please read the thread. The point is that his value is bound to go down soon, if the law of average gives us our injured players back.

his perceived value may go down. his actual value to the Hawks will not.

that's the point of my post. why trade him? if he costs you a 4 year 20 million deal why not sign him?

i think he will give him the MLE. why not? he's only 30 and he has gotten better each year with us. it's not like there is anyone else out there that we could get (i wouldn't count on luring billups or bibby here). i say sign him and keep the team together.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Lue's PER of 20.48 is ranked 8th in the league among pgs. His TS% of 60.3 is 4th.

I know is defense is weak but those are gaudy numbers for a backup pg.

When we'll have a couple of more scorers, and his chucking drops out of necessity, his ppg will go down big time.

However, his efficiency should be better when he doesn't have to take as many shots and his shooting efficiency is already extremely high as noted above!

Quote:

if he costs you a 4 year 20 million deal why not sign him?

Remember that he is unrestricted and this will be his last chance to sign a lucrative contract. he may be looking to really get paid.

And of course we don't know what BKs plans are.

Quote:

Do you really want me to start quoting contracts?

it isn't about what is fair it is about what he can get. And considering he is averaging 16 ppg shooting lights out and has a strong a/to ratio.....

And other teams will pay him more because they may not notice that he holds the ball for 16 seconds just about every time. Its good for us now, but its not going to work when we have many offensive options. BK won't pay 5 million for a one-way backup PG who doesn't make everybody else better. He hates shorties anyway.

Why is there all this talk about trading for more SF's? Are you serious about trading for Mike Miller?

If we acquired him, we might as well trade Childress for him, because he wouldn't get any minutes.

I'm trying to figure out how to get more C's, PF's, and PG's on this team. I think we're OK at SG and SF.

Quote:

Why is there all this talk about trading for more SF's? Are you serious about trading for Mike Miller?

If we acquired him, we might as well trade Childress for him, because he wouldn't get any minutes.

I'm trying to figure out how to get more C's, PF's, and PG's on this team. I think we're OK at SG and SF.

Miller from Denver.

• Moderators

Quote:

They are talking about Andre Miller the PG in Denver, not Mike Miller.