• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Lue putting up strong numbers

exodus

That's what I was thinking. It's pretty obvious now that if BK wanted Earl Watson, Earl Watson would be an Atlanta Hawk right now. The opportunity to get him has gone and passed 2-3 times already, and BK simply hasn't been interested in him.

I like Jordan Farmar, but I'd love to see if I could pry Marcus Williams away from the Nets. His playing time is diminishing, and considering that they sit at the top of their division with a 7-9 record right now, they may get antsy at some point and look to deal Marcus for a vet that will help put them over the top and lock their division down.

With that said, I'm not for trading Ty Lue at this point. First of all, he's a veteran leader this young team sorely needs, particularily in the locker room. Secondly, even if we got Farmar or Williams in a deal, we would be very weak offensively at the point position because these guys simply don't shoot the ball as well as Ty Lue.

Considering that Ty is a free agent at the end of the season and where our likely pick from Indiana will be, you may see BK take a liking to a guy like Acie Law from Texas A&M in the draft as a replacement offensively for Ty Lue.

Quote:

Considering that Ty is a free agent at the end of the season and where our likely pick from Indiana will be, you may see BK take a liking to a guy like Acie Law from Texas A&M in the draft as a replacement offensively for Ty Lue.

Prediction: Diesel will harp about trading Al and Lue for the 17th pick for the rest of eternity.

I would trade Lue for Marcus Williams tomorrow. Marcus Williams can be our franchise PG. Lue will never be that.

I really like T-Lue, too. I would miss him, and I think it might hurt us this year to deal him. However, I would easily trade a couple of wins this year for more wins next year.

I don't think the Nets will be looking to trade Marcus Williams, though. Our chance to get him likely passed us by.

Well, he was apparently the target when BK was trying to get another pick in this past year's draft, so if New Jersey did dangle him, I believe we would be interested. New Jersey may not deal him, but like I said, his playing time is starting to decrease some. I'd keep an eye on them in case they get antsy in trying to secure their division.

Quote:

Well, he was apparently the target when BK was trying to get another pick in this past year's draft, so if New Jersey did dangle him, I believe we would be interested. New Jersey may not deal him, but like I said, his playing time is starting to decrease some. I'd keep an eye on them in case they get antsy in trying to secure their division.

NJ won't let him go that easily. Kidd is old. Unless MW had more skeletons than we know of, he ain't available.

You may be right. I don't remember them actually making the contract public. I don't know for sure if this is an option year or not.

However that would make him more attractive to other teams.

Again I am not sure if i would be looking to trade him or not. If someone is not in your long term plans it makes sense to trade him when his value is high.

I guess it all depends on what the offers are.

• Premium Member

Lue is in the 2nd year of a 3 year deal. From Sekou's latest blog:

Quote:

I’ve seen it mentioned a few times recently that Tyronn Lue is in a contract year. Not so. He is in the second year of a three-year deal and if you ask me, he’s been one of the best moves the Hawks have made the past few years. They traded for him a couple years back at the urging of assistant coach Larry Drew, who worked with Lue during a previous stop in Washington and shares Kansas City roots with him. I’d argue that he’s a Pachulia-esque bargain (at $3.5 million per) when you consider what most backup point guards are making.

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/hawks/

Yeah it looks like i jumped the gun a bit. It is funny reading his opinion of Lue;

Quote:

he’s been one of the best moves the Hawks have made the past few years.

Quote:

I’d argue that he’s a Pachulia-esque bargain (at $3.5 million per) when you consider what most backup point guards are making.

I was arguing the same thing about this time last year and didn't have too many people agreeing with me.