• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks face major adversity tonight !!!

coachx

Quote:

Personally i don't see missing Zaza as a source of adversity. He just isn't that good.

However playing in the thin air at Denver on the second game of a back to back against a strong team is definitely a problem. I don't expect much.

That is absurd. Zaza does all he can. I am so sick of people bashing him. You honestly think we are just as good without him? That's preposterous.

Quote:

Zaza does all he can

Problem is he can't do much.

He can't shoot the midrange shot, he can't finish near the basket, he can't get defensive rebounds or play D and he turns it over too much. The only things he does reasonably well are shoot foul shots and get offensive rebounds, many of which are his own misses.

Are we just as good without him? Probably not because his backup Lo is a bum. And i didn't say that anyway.

But his absence will mean more minutes for Shelden and Solomon and the way Zaza has been playing that is a good thing in my book.

I won't predict the score but the deck sure seems stacked against us. But the NBA is wierd. the Pistons just lost back to back games to the Bobcats and Blazers.

When we won 13 games a couple of years ago one of those victories was a blowout win in Detroit. Strange things can happen.

Wow, I need to respond to most everyone of those posts.

I think we were jetlagged last nite. We couldnt get any loose balls, got killed on the boards, Lue looked especially bad. Still, if Lue had a normal game we would have been in it. Of course Seattle without Ray Allen is not near the team Denver appears to be. I think we have to stay in the game early tonite and then maybe we'll get a second wind, kinda thinking that tonite's game is humpday may give them a surge. I'll say 108-98 Denver.

I've heard that very top athletes arent very altitude effected, especially if not in a full endurance sport. I dont notice it just hanging out or playing tennis in Denver. It kicks my but if I try to go running.

Freije could shoot in college. I think the extra distance and the fact that he is no longer the man and is fighting for a job is too much for him. He's an average euroleague player at best. I wouldnt put him on the court if I were Woody.

Quote:

Quote:

Personally i don't see missing Zaza as a source of adversity. He just isn't that good.

However playing in the thin air at Denver on the second game of a back to back against a strong team is definitely a problem. I don't expect much.

That is absurd. Zaza does all he can. I am so sick of people bashing him. You honestly think we are just as good without him? That's preposterous.

They are up 4 at the half on the road in the second game of a back to back against a team that has won 8 of their last 10.

Both teams have 21 rebounds.

Quote:

I won't predict the score but the deck sure seems stacked against us. But the NBA is wierd. the Pistons just lost back to back games to the Bobcats and Blazers.

When we won 13 games a couple of years ago one of those victories was a blowout win in Detroit. Strange things can happen.

and a strange thing just did LOL.

So I wonder what all of Walt's project players would hae done down the stretch. Getting tips on balls, hitting clutch free throws, ummmmmmmmmmmm. I love the irony in Walt's argument. He blames BK for having an awful winning %. So clearly winning now is important. So Bk drafts the best guy to helps us win now, and stop rebuilding. Then Walter gets upset cause he cant havea guy that will be good 5 years from now. Just a hunch but I doubt Sene gets 4 steals and its the big FT down the stretch. So I guess Walt would rather have a win in 5 years then this one tonight?

Quote:

So I wonder what all of Walt's project players would hae done down the stretch. Getting tips on balls, hitting clutch free throws, ummmmmmmmmmmm. I love the irony in Walt's argument. He blames BK for having an awful winning %. So clearly winning now is important. So Bk drafts the best guy to helps us win now, and stop rebuilding. Then Walter gets upset cause he cant havea guy that will be good 5 years from now. Just a hunch but I doubt Sene gets 4 steals and its the big FT down the stretch. So I guess Walt would rather have a win in 5 years then this one tonight?

you'd be smart to place that dude on "ignore user" like some of the rest of us