• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Crazy Trade.... But I would consider it...

Diesel

Quote:

Smoove/Speedy for Nelson/Darko.

I think Nelson is the type of PG we need. A true PG who knows how to penetrate. Either him or Arroyo!

I don't think the Magic would do that. I would!

• Premium Member

no it's not, because unlike 3/4 of the people here other fans all realize that a 20-21 year old HS player who is playing a MUCH bigger role than he should be still has a TON of potential.

He is still averaging 12.1 pts, 8 rbg, 3.1 assists, and 2 blocks a game. Hardly a bad statline for a HS player his age. Albeit he is averaging 2.9 TO/g, but check ANY other HS player that is his age playing THAT amount of minutes, they will have at LEAST his amount of turnovers.

Who else is gonna shoot when JJ or Lue doesn't?? Zaza gets bashed enough, Speedy can't shoot, Shelden can't create on his own, that's why Smoove takes shots when he is wide open. I'm sure Woodson is telling him to do this, otherwise he wouldn't be playing 40 mpg.

BTW it's obvious we have NO offensive gameplan whatsoever. Watch us at the end of games, it's Lue or JJ and NOONE else even touches the ball. It's pretty much a two man game, and Zaza will come up and set screens, but we have NO way of getting easy shots.

Quote:

no it's not, because unlike 3/4 of the people here other fans all realize that a 20-21 year old HS player who is playing a MUCH bigger role than he should be still has a TON of potential.

He is still averaging 12.1 pts, 8 rbg, 3.1 assists, and 2 blocks a game. Hardly a bad statline for a HS player his age. Albeit he is averaging 2.9 TO/g, but check ANY other HS player that is his age playing THAT amount of minutes, they will have at LEAST his amount of turnovers.

Who else is gonna shoot when JJ or Lue doesn't?? Zaza gets bashed enough, Speedy can't shoot, Shelden can't create on his own, that's why Smoove takes shots when he is wide open. I'm sure Woodson is telling him to do this, otherwise he wouldn't be playing 40 mpg.

BTW it's obvious we have NO offensive gameplan whatsoever. Watch us at the end of games, it's Lue or JJ and NOONE else even touches the ball. It's pretty much a two man game, and Zaza will come up and set screens, but we have NO way of getting easy shots.

Smoove is an undersized PF or a SF with no handles as of 7:42 PM Eastern Standard time on December 6th 2006.

ahhhhhh the "potential" word.

Smoove is an interesting case. He does have lots of potential and is still young, but this is his third season and he has received substantial playing time from the get go.

Many other prep-to-pro NBAers with similar experience entering their third year have achieved higher levels of success in their third years in comparison to Smoove (i.e., LeBron, Amare, Dwight, Kobe, Garnett, etc.) The only high school entrants who did not emerge by their third year and have gone on to stardom are McGrady, O'Neal and Rashard Lewis, all of whom had much less playing time during their first couple of years. Obviously, the jury is still out on JR Smith, Curry, Chandler, etc.

I just hope Smoove does not end up like Darius Miles - a guy with worlds of potential who never really closed the holes in his game.

I dont think the trade helps us much, I'd pass. I dont think a Nelson/Lue point tandem brings as much flexibility as Speedy/Lue. Darko with Shelden or Zaza isnt a very scary frontline. Smoove gives us more depth and longterm potential. Darko with Howard is a good frontline, I dont think Orlando does it anyways.

When you see Smoove develop...if you could get a glimpse of him at 23 or 24...you would rather shoot yourself than trade him. Some people see the future better than others. Smith isn't going anywhere and the short sighted folk will be damn glad he didn't. It takes time people. Give him his mistakes because they will be fewer as time passes. Smoove will be a 18p, 10rpg, 4 asst, 3 block, 2 steal type of player. Patience grasshopper.

I don't know if he will ever be a guy that can score 18 a game, but if he concentrates on doing the things he is capable of doing, he should be able to maximize his athleticism and size potential while becoming a very capable power forward alongside Marvin Williams at small forward. I just don't think Smoove has the auxillary skills needed to be much of a scorer, but he is a good enough of a passer that he can pass the ball out of the post and put up something like 13 ppg, 10 rpg, 6 apg, and 3 bpg.

Quote:

no it's not, because unlike 3/4 of the people here other fans all realize that a 20-21 year old HS player who is playing a MUCH bigger role than he should be still has a TON of potential...

Agreed AtLaS...Smoove is a special case as far as comparing HS to NBAers goes, IMO. He has a long career ahead of him, barring injury. He reminds me that it is important to stay balanced (as a fan) - one minute I think he's got all the tools to be a superstar - then he stinks it up for awhile and I think he'll never get it. He's fun to watch and cheer for though (but I will still criticize when he does dumb stuff).

The jury's still out and may be out for a few more years. For some reason I have a gut feeling that he will end up doing something special in the league - maybe because he seems like the kind of guy who gets pissed when he fails/gets criticized.

But I've been wrong before.

As far as team wins and losses - would we be better off with a more consistent...less dynamic player - yeah, probably. Who can predict the future confused.gif?

Quote:

I don't know if he will ever be a guy that can score 18 a game, but if he concentrates on doing the things he is capable of doing, he should be able to maximize his athleticism and size potential while becoming a very capable power forward alongside Marvin Williams at small forward. I just don't think Smoove has the auxillary skills needed to be much of a scorer, but he is a good enough of a passer that he can pass the ball out of the post and put up something like 13 ppg, 10 rpg, 6 apg, and 3 bpg.

Hes avging 12 points a game now with NO jump shot and shooting 38% your telling me his offense game wont improve in his career where he avg more then 1 point then he is now I highly disagree alot of guys coming into the league didnt have a well definded offense game and through hard work/practice they have are pretty offense players. One name comes to mind in Ron Artest this guy had no jump shot at all coming into the league and his dribble was suspect went to college and was a mid 1st rounder. He improved his offense game alot through the years I think Smoove will as well. Just get him a passing PG and youll sell his scoring go up at least 2-4 points alone.