• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

congratulations to the Atlanta Hawks organization

gsuteke

Quote:

The thing that made this win so impressive is that the hawks really didn't play that well, certainly didn't shoot that well and still won. If these guys can bring that kind of defensive intensity every night, they will be in 90% of their ball games.

That is what i have been harping on since i joined this site. It is why I wanted Harrington gone and a big reason why I don't like Zaza.

Shooting blows hot and cold. Even a good shooter like Lue can go ice cold at times, but defense can be played well every night and allow you to win even if your shooting is off.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

i've heard three times now an announcer say Shelden is not a good free throw shooter. Even tonight they said it and then the next guy says "although he does shoot 83%"...what?

LOL. I guess when you have shoulders that broad and a forehead that tall, people just assume you can't shoot free throws.

What a finish - I thought we were dead early 4th. So Cool. Especially watching camera shots of Carmelo being arrogant in the first half. We sure as heck got lucky but you have to score points to get lucky and be there!!

and P.S. Varsity - you can't really get kicked out of the chatroom....heck, I've been banned from the normal boards (for a misdemeanor)...but I could still go to the Chatroom.

were you a serious felon??

smirk.gif

I'd like to echo the sentiments on Woody. He did a great job in the 4th quarter. The zone defense really stifled the Nuggets and it also prevented JJ and Lue from expending too much energy so they could have something left for the comeback. He also made a good call bringing in Ivey to D up Miller for the Nuggets last shot to tie it.

Plus, Shelden's D was a huge factor down the stretch. No blocks but 4 steals playing with an injury. If we had Zaza, I don't think that Shelden would have even been in there giving us that great play on D. He has a good "basketball IQ" when it comes to playing D, just knows where to be and when to be there. Zaza's suspension was a blessing in disguise in the 4th quarter.

I still can't figure out what happened in the 3rd. The turnovers were driving me crazy. I'll blame Freije. What a stiff...

Quote:

Quote:

Zaza's suspension was a blessing in disguise in the 4th quarter.

I saw right through the disguise before the game.

Yes. I remember that. With all these injuries, I thought you were not only sticking you neck out the window, you were sticking your entire body out of the window.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yes. I remember that. With all these injuries, I thought you were not only sticking you neck out the window, you were sticking your entire body out of the window.

Sheldens 4th quarter was the key to the whole game. He kept getting his hands on balls and disrupting their offense, causing turnovers and easy point for the Hawks.

if Zaza was available he would have been playing instead of Shelden in the 4th for sure.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Sheldens 4th quarter was the key to the whole game. He kept getting his hands on balls and disrupting their offense, causing turnovers and easy point for the Hawks.

if Zaza was available he would have been playing instead of Shelden in the 4th for sure.

Sheldon was far from his best early on. Toward the end he played like a champion.

Quote:

Quote:

Sheldon was far from his best early on.

That is because he was on the bench with two fouls. I don't think he played more than 7 minutes in the first half.

so why be so quick pulling the trigger on him?

he played in foul trouble at Duke. he's got an extra one now that he's with the Hawks. let the kid play, especially when you don't let him in the game come the 4th.

That was just a great overall win for the Hawks.

I had to work late, so I was following the game via my cellphone. At the end of the 3rd quarter, I decided to stop following the game, hoping that the Hawks could at least make it respectable.

But I was taping the game the whole time at home.

So I watch the first 3 quarters of the game, then watched the 4th, thinking we'd lost by 8 - 10 points or something.

LOL . . . that game goes into the 2006 sports archives for me, right alongside UT vs Georgia football game.

I agree Exodus play Shelden 35+ min. a game with all these injuries right now. The guy can rebound like a machine and can score if given the chance. He could easily average 15pts and 10rb. a game playing 30+min a night.