• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What lineup lead the comeback last night??

Wurider05

Their 3rd quarter downfall seemed to be sparked by Freije.

In the 4th it seemed to be Joe, Salim, Lue, and Smith on the floor most of the time. Shelden had some strong minutes during the 4th at the end and I think Solomon got some good minutes earlier in the quarter.

Dude, you fell asleep and missed that great comeback! It was definitely a team effort but basically Salim with his treys, Johnson with great shooting, T Lue who played superb point guard, Sheldon with his rebounds and clutch foul shots, and Josh Smith with his blocks and rebounds. Dude, get this no TOs in the fourth quarter which we entered 14 points down! It was definitely an effort which brought tears of joy to my eyes. I think I woke my wife up at the final buzzer when I screamed out, "YES, we f--- did it!!"

Yeah, I can imagine. Do you happen to know what Josh Smith said to the Nugget coach after the game? Watching on the NBA Season Pass, I had to listen to the Denver announcers and they remarked how Josh Smith yelled something to the Denver coaching staff which they thought was inappropriate at the end of the game. Any idea what?

I just had to watch that again.

I didn't realize that the game was actually tied at 57 with 5 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter. Then the Nuggets went on a run and were up 14 by the end of the quarter. Of course Frieje was in the game at this time and caused a lot of it with his bricks, turnovers and no D. Mostly it was just a turnoverfest for the Hawks, with JJ making a lot of unforced turnovers.

Then Denver scored a 3 pt play to start the 4th to push the lead to 17. After that it was a clinic by the Hawks.

The Hawks played the same lineup the entire 4th i believe, although Ivey may have gotten in to play D on the last play. It was Lue, Salim, JJ, Smoove, Shelden.

I watched Shelden closely. He got his hands on 7, that's right SEVEN, Denver passes in that quarter, many leading to turnovers and fast breaks for the Hawks.

Also late in the quarter Miller got a rebound and Lue tied him up. Miller ripped the ball out of Lue's hands but then Shelden tied HIM up. Jump ball which Shelden wins and the Hawks score on the break.

Next time down Carmelo drives and Shelden ties him up, looking like it will be another jump ball. Carmelo gets the shot off but Shelden gets the board.

He looked very much like the guy who was the 2 time college DPOY.

Quote:

I just had to watch that again.

I didn't realize that the game was actually tied at 57 with 5 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter. Then the Nuggets went on a run and were up 14 by the end of the quarter. Of course Frieje was in the game at this time and caused a lot of it with his bricks, turnovers and no D. Mostly it was just a turnoverfest for the Hawks, with JJ making a lot of unforced turnovers.

Then Denver scored a 3 pt play to start the 4th to push the lead to 17. After that it was a clinic by the Hawks.

The Hawks played the same lineup the entire 4th i believe, although Ivey may have gotten in to play D on the last play. It was Lue, Salim, JJ, Smoove, Shelden.

I watched Shelden closely. He got his hands on 7, that's right SEVEN, Denver passes in that quarter, many leading to turnovers and fast breaks for the Hawks.

Also late in the quarter Miller got a rebound and Lue tied him up. Miller ripped the ball out of Lue's hands but then Shelden tied HIM up. Jump ball which Shelden wins and the Hawks score on the break.

Next time down Carmelo drives and Shelden ties him up, looking like it will be another jump ball. Carmelo gets the shot off but Shelden gets the board.

He looked very much like the guy who was the 2 time college DPOY.

And those stats don't necessarily make to the stat sheet, but that kind of play can get the guys who score the chance. Outstanding effort. Lot's of heart.