• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why in the world do you think Iverson would fit ?

coachx

Quote:

I'm still waiting on Exodus to tell me which defensive center target with the Hawks' FA money this summer

Right now realistically the only one i can think of is Mihm, who i was hoping they would trade for last summer. However a lot depends on his ankle.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Can the Sixers supporting cast have better shooting percentage than Cavs? Possibly. They are open more although may be worse players.

The Cavs last year didn't have any swingmen who were better than Iggy (Hughes was hurt). And they didn't have a shooter as good as Korver.

Daly is a way better shooter than our boy Zaza, even from midrange. He makes over 50% of his jumpers compared to 37% for Zaza and is shooting 57% this year.

Webber has always been a 20/10 player. the Cavs don't have anyone who has been a 20/10 player.

Daly can be better than you boy Zaza, but he is no Ilgauskus.

Hobbling Webber who was in a new team last year + young Korver+Iggy last year were not in the same league with Hughes(36 games), Murray(28 games), Gooden, old Marshal, Jones, young Varejao.

Cavs supporting cast > Sixers suppoeting cast

LeBron > AI.

Lets go back to the original point. You didn't like that AI has lower shooting percentage than his teammates. In my previous posts I stated how its possible that a superstar can have lower percentage than his teammates even though the superstar may not suck. A lot of superstars get traded and start playing much better, you know.

Let me say in Iverson's defense that you should compare true shooting %s rather than the raw fg% when evaluating him because of his astronically high (traditionally) number of free throw attempts. The guy could shoot 30% from the floor and be a highly efficient scorer if he hit enough 3s and FTs.

Quote:

Quote:

I'm still waiting on Exodus to tell me which defensive center target with the Hawks' FA money this summer

Right now realistically the only one i can think of is Mihm, who i was hoping they would trade for last summer. However a lot depends on his ankle.

That was too funny.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The problem with Iverson is that he would have to change his game to fit in with the Hawks and who can count on that?

Exactly

Thats a good point.

At least attribute it to me if you guys are going to quote me! grin.gif

Quote:

That was too funny.

That is what they were saying about Shelden this time last year.

Mihm is easily better than Zaza. In fact looking through the laker boards last summer i had a hard time finding anyone who had anything negative to say about him.

Quote:

Quote:

I don't think it's a good plan to bring a star over with the thought that it will only work out if he cuts down on the only thing he's good at. It's just not the right fit at all to me.

Hey, it worked with Steve Francis in Orlando and New York, didn't it? grin.gif

Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. All #1s don't go crazy when the have to share.

It worked when Mark Aguire moved to the Pistons and shared with Thomas+Dumars,

it worked when Barkley went to Suns and shared with KJ+Majrle etc.,

it works when TMac works under Yao,

it worked when Shaq worked under Wade,

it worked when Drexler became Hakeem's caddie.

There are many examples for both sides. Don't get scared by examples.

Quote:

Quote:

That was too funny.

Mihm is easily better than Zaza. In fact looking through the laker boards last summer i had a hard time finding anyone who had anything negative to say about him.

I wouldn't hold my breath for Mihm.

Quote:

Quote:

That was too funny.

a good acquisition is not always a "sexy" one.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I don't think it's a good plan to bring a star over with the thought that it will only work out if he cuts down on the only thing he's good at. It's just not the right fit at all to me.

Hey, it worked with Steve Francis in Orlando and New York, didn't it? grin.gif

Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. All #1s don't go crazy when the have to share.

It worked when Mark Aguire moved to the Pistons and shared with Thomas+Dumars,

it worked when Barkley went to Suns and shared with KJ+Majrle etc.,

it works when TMac works under Yao,

it worked when Shaq worked under Wade,

it worked when Drexler became Hakeem's caddie.

There are many examples for both sides. Don't get scared by examples.

What concerns me is that Philly has intentionally avoided pairing him with an offensive talent until bringing in an over-the-hill Webber to the team. Philly deliberately constructed its team to have players who focused on the dirty work and are not very good scorers in an effort to surround AI with good defenders and role players and to make the offense rotate almost solely around AI. This is why his usage rate is so much higher than everyone else's over his career.

If AI can step away from that team structure he could work out well. However, we haven't seen that and Philly apparently concluded that trying to channel AI into a more balanced role would be bad for the team. That concerns me a lot about AI.

I agree with the idea that BK is unlikely to have sincere interest in AI. If Belkin gains control of the team, however, it may be a different story if AI is still on the block.

On a side note, even top-tier players need some help to make the playoffs. AI is not alone in struggling with a weak supporting cast. KG has had his problems, and Pierce and the Celts are terrible right now too.

Quote:

What concerns me is that Philly has intentionally avoided pairing him with an offensive talent until bringing in an over-the-hill Webber to the team. Philly deliberately constructed its team to have players who focused on the dirty work and are not very good scorers in an effort to surround AI with good defenders and role players and to make the offense rotate almost solely around AI. This is why his usage rate is so much higher than everyone else's over his career.

If AI can step away from that team structure he could work out well. However, we haven't seen that and Philly apparently concluded that trying to channel AI into a more balanced role would be bad for the team. That concerns me a lot about AI.

Nice conspiracy theory. You could be right.

Quote:

Quote:

The problem with Iverson is that he would have to change his game to fit in with the Hawks and who can count on that?

And in doing so you'd be diminishing his #1 weapon that makes him a supposed superstar (1 on 1 scoring). I don't think it's a good plan to bring a star over with the thought that it will only work out if he cuts down on the only thing he's good at. It's just not the right fit at all to me.

AI is a superstar without a doubt. The notion of "the only thing he's good at" being accurate is extremely shortsighted. This cat can score one on Five. He does have very good defense, an excellent passer. The only thing Steve nash has over AI is height and more talented teammates.

Quote:

That is a statement of concern for the Philly administration, not AI. Iverson has to score with that group because of their deficiencies.

Come on..yall act like A.I isn't a 1st ballot hall of famer. He is avg 31/7 this year. Even when he slows down he will be a 20/5 veteran contributer.

He can change games like Shaq changes games, only on the perimeter. This is where the game is going. The time of the halfcourt power game is gone. AI would allow us to run.