• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade for Cassell?

Livingston is now starting at PG for the Clippers. Would you trade Speedy and Salim for Cassell?

How about Speedy and a swap of first rounders (they get a choice of Indiana's for theirs, if they want to)?

Yes, I know we'd have to wait another week or so for the trade to be able to go through, since Speedy and Cassell are both recent signees.

Quote:

Livingston is now starting at PG for the Clippers. Would you trade Speedy and Salim for Cassell?

How about Speedy and a swap of first rounders (they get a choice of Indiana's for theirs, if they want to)?

Yes, I know we'd have to wait another week or so for the trade to be able to go through, since Speedy and Cassell are both recent signees.

Is he on the trading block?

I would love to get Cassell, but they knew Livingston would be starting shortly when they re-signed him this off-season. Cassell is there for 2 years to make Livingston's transition into a starter as easy as possible and to help him mature and learn the little things. I highly doubt they'll part with him.

Quote:

I would love to get Cassell, but they knew Livingston would be starting shortly when they re-signed him this off-season. Cassell is there for 2 years to make Livingston's transition into a starter as easy as possible and to help him mature and learn the little things. I highly doubt they'll part with him.

I don't think Cassell did? He would have signed with us if he thought he'd become a backup there.

Are you crazy!! They are not going to trade Cassell. Livingston can't play D or shoot (see Speedy Claxton. They are just trying to spare Cassell until the playoffs. They know where their bread and butter is. So please let's end this talk right here and right now. Cassell isn't going anywhere.

Quote:

I don't think Cassell did? He would have signed with us if he thought he'd become a backup there.

Sure he did. He got there the year before and helped turn that team around. He wanted to stay there. He said he wanted one final 2 year deal before retiring, and that he'd stay there if they paid him enough, which they did once we offered a big deal.

Cassell is a shoot first PG who doesn't defend. The Clippers have a lot of good young talent but that is the most selfish team that I watch. Whoever gets the ball shoots it. Cassell is the guy who helps make that mentality possible because when guys actually touch the ball they feel like they have to shoot it. They don't know when their next touch is coming. The Clips are like 5 individuals on offense that shoot when they get the chance. Cassell used to play bad defense because he wasn't interested but now that he is 37 he has an excuse. The Clips may make the playoffs but they aren't going anywhere this year.

We need better defenders if we are going to ever contend. Adding guys like Cassell who approach defense like its optional isn't the right message.