• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Anyone else really tired of this?

terrynoonan

I have been waiting a long time to see a decent Hawks squad. This one could be it. I thought we could have been much better last year. When we hired Woody I thought we were headed in the right direction. He was coming from the Pistons, who had just won the title. Seemed like he cared about defense. Turns out, he's actually worse than Terry Stotts! With better talent, no less. It's just sad. With the ownership change looming, I wanted this team to be one that we could all be proud of. I think the players could. This coach is so inept. On almost every issue. We have about two plays, and this NBA coach apparently can't teach people basic things like dribbling, not traveling, etc.. What I'm saying is, it's wrong to question the loyalty of a Hawks fan because they see an obvious problem with the team or organization. I want this team to win as much as anyone. Sadly, we won't. Unless you call 30-34 wins, winning. I don't. That's not the right direction. This team could win 45-50 games. That would be improvement. Anything short of 40 wins is not acceptable with this much talent. I support the troops, not the administration.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I don't like woody's substitutions and X's and O's, but I'd still take him over Terry Stotts any day of the week. He's been excellent at keeping the team focused and motivated through the tough times.

I have to admit that the decision to move joe the Small forward and play to small guards was not a smart one. I think that is when the Lakers surged. Hope Woodson learned from that decision.

Quote:

Quote:

I don't like woody's substitutions and X's and O's, but I'd still take him over Terry Stotts any day of the week. He's been excellent at keeping the team focused and motivated through the tough times.

I have to admit that the decision to move joe the Small forward and play to small guards was not a smart one. I think that is when the Lakers surged. Hope Woodson learned from that decision.

He doesnt learn. He didnt understand why we had the comeback against the nuggets

What upsets me is this:

Last night in the first quarter, Shelden Williams had 6 points on 2 of 3 shooting (2 of 2 from the free throw line) with 4 rebounds in 7 minutes. Now, I didn't get to see the game. I was following it on the gamecast. So, I don't know if the Hawks actually went to Shelden some in the post early on or if he grabbed a missed shot and got the score. Something tells me it is the latter, but the fact remains that Shelden was making an early impact. He was taken out of the game at the 4:19 mark in the first quarter, and they didn't put him back in till the 4:31 mark in the second quarter. Shelden's first half stats in the game were 8 points, 3 of 5 from the floor, 4 rebounds, and he tied Walton up on a jump ball with a good defensive play. All of this was in just 11 minutes of play.

Somehow, he only ends up with 17 minutes on the floor.

Woody has limited his minutes all year and I don't understand it. These young guys need court time. Why are we sitting Sol so much? When he gets a chance he does well. But Lo gets the minutes. What does Lo do to get minutes? Nothing.

Marvin should have played more last year. We let AL play his matador defense all year and didn't play Marvin enough even though Marvin is the future and AL was done. Amazing. BK needs to lean on Woody to play these kids for the future because this year is not the year. But, next year this team can be very good, if we get a real PG.

Even worse is if the Lakers play big guards, why didn't we go big? As much as I hate Bozo and Ivey, at least they could keep the Farmars and Smushes of the world from scoring at will. Why didn't we put Smoove on Walton? Lamar Odom was content to play from the perimeter all nite, so we should have left them there. Then Salim scores 21 on nite and then Woody sits him pretty much the whole game. His sub patters have no rhyme or reason.

I don't know what woody is trying to achieve, and what way the team has to play. For what i see so far Woody has one conviction: ZAZA, JJ and SMOOVE has to play, and then see what hapen.

About the players on the bench and the other 2 on the line up, could be anyone, could play or not, but is not strategic, is random.

I feel stupid trying to understand.

Quote:

I don't know what woody is trying to achieve, and what way the team has to play. For what i see so far Woody has one conviction: ZAZA, JJ and SMOOVE has to play, and then see what hapen.

About the players on the bench and the other 2 on the line up, could be anyone, could play or not, but is not strategic, is random.

I feel stupid trying to understand.

You are dead on. My head hurts when trying to understand our process.

Please post more often. Every time I see you on the board, it's a breath of fresh un-American air.

Quote:

Please post more often. Every time I see you on the board, it's a breath of fresh un-American air.

Thank you. Right now i have my dad in a hospital cause a heart attack, he is in there for more than a week, so since today a i have a day off (my mother is with him) i can post.

Please, pray for him.

By the way, my ego is now bigger.

Quote:

I have been waiting a long time to see a decent Hawks squad. This one could be it. I thought we could have been much better last year. When we hired Woody I thought we were headed in the right direction. He was coming from the Pistons, who had just won the title. Seemed like he cared about defense. Turns out, he's actually worse than Terry Stotts! With better talent, no less. It's just sad. With the ownership change looming, I wanted this team to be one that we could all be proud of. I think the players could. This coach is so inept. On almost every issue. We have about two plays, and this NBA coach apparently can't teach people basic things like dribbling, not traveling, etc.. What I'm saying is, it's wrong to question the loyalty of a Hawks fan because they see an obvious problem with the team or organization. I want this team to win as much as anyone. Sadly, we won't. Unless you call 30-34 wins, winning. I don't. That's not the right direction. This team could win 45-50 games. That would be improvement. Anything short of 40 wins is not acceptable with this much talent. I support the troops, not the administration.

I'm a little tired of you people fill up the board with every lost. We win in Denver and "Woody made a superb adjustment". We lose to the Lakers and "Woody can't learn from the Nuggets win" frown.gif

You are very fickle people. If we win 12 games in a row you would say something to discredit Woody and BK dispite the improvement.

Well as Daddy would say "Tough", Woody is the coach and BK is the GM and NONE of you are qualified to be either. Shelden had 17 minutes because he is injured, Duh.Staples is a very very difficult team to play and win. It is a tough run in the west. We have an opportunity to exceed most peoples expectations of wins on this trip. Quit whinning like children and spoiled women.

I have yet to hear anyone say Woody is a good X's and O's guy. Well isn't that a HUGE part of the coaching job?

The motivation and stuff is great, but this young team needs a better coach who can teach fundamentals and stress consistent hussle and execution. A Skiles type guy, for example.

Quote:

Last year we had 26 wins. The year before, we had 13. I would consider 35 wins to be the "right direction".

Bingo!!! - two dollars for Duff. Duff Man has figured it out. Break the team down as low is it can go (13-69)...then slowly build it back up. Make sure you look good in the second year - but thta's easy (26 wins - DOUBLED the previous year!!).

Then work your young team to get 35 or so...that's a lot of paychecks. Then peak wherever it gets you...42 or so...and keep taking your pay. smirk.gif

Then go elsewhere.