• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

For all of those who wanted Paul instead of Marvin

Peoriabird

• Moderators

Quote:

I disagree with a lot of this talk. Given our situation and track record, isn't it just as likely that Paul or Deron would be sitting on our bench just like Ivey?

No it isn't. The talent difference is huge between Ivey and Paul or Deron. Those guys would be playing in Atlanta, no question about it. You do have a legit point to ask how well they would do in Atlanta compared to their current performance but those guys would not be bench warmers under any circumstances, IMO.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

He not only selected the less talented player (with seemingly TWO Pgs more talented...of course well see by next year for sure might be 3, might be 1, might be 0) but he selected him at a position we had 4 other young players at while having no Pgs in a franchise Pg draft. Indefensible and unforgivable! But the BK apologists continue.

[/indent]

This is a bit of 20/20 hindsight. Seemingly, Marvin was more talented than anyone else in the draft. You may disagree but there is a lot of evidence to support that notion and very little to contradict it (from the published opinions of GMs & scouts; to the media pundits; to Roy Williams himself comparing Marvin's potential to that of lottery picks like Raymond Felton and Sean May; to the comments of Sean May; etc.)

[/indent]

"Seemingly"?!? Not to most of us who watched more of MW and UNC. I believe 100% that if you watched enough UNC games that year you would not have been very impressed with MW. Impressed? Yes. Very impressed? No.

I watched him play at least 15 times and can tell you that he wasn't "more talented" than Paul or Deron. He MAY have "seemed" to have more "potential" but it wasn't "freakish", nor did it suggest he would LIKELY be more talented than Paul or Deron or that his impact would be greater than that of one of the franchise Pgs regardless of team needs. Of course, we had serious Pg team needs.

Other (smart) GMs mislead intentionally, I don't care what Roy Williams has to say about his own players BUT if his "potential" was only as good as Felton's then that is a knock on MW. We KNOW his talent wasn't as good, but if his potential was only comperable then why on earth would we ever consider him with 4 prospect Sfs on the roster.

ME: To be honest about this, it was kinda like Mich/OSU game, everyone in the media felt that they are two best teams and had analysis who agree even though when I watch they is far from the two best teams... But thinking logical is not always a option.