• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The hole at center

exodus

Well, perhaps there's yet another option. As I recall the Hawks had 6’11” hometown product Randolph Morris in camp a couple years ago after he went undrafted. He got a reprieve and was allowed to resume his career at Kentucky because he wasn’t drafted, didn’t hire an agent, and didn’t sign an NBA contract. There were issues about his work ethic awhile back. Not sure about any change in his work ethic, but his on-the-court performance has shown marked improvement since he went undrafted. He’s currently a free agent (won’t go back into the draft) who can sign with any NBA team. Is it plausible that the Hawks might be looking to use some of their available cap room to put this ‘high 1st round quality’ big under contract before the end of this season? Any reason to think we shouldn’t offer him top 3 type money and a 3-4 year deal? Any reason to think he would not sign with the hometown team if all else is equal? Any reason to think that this possibility might not be an element of any internal contemplations as the Hawks hold organizational discussions about who they could offer in an AI (or other) trade proposal?

• Moderators

Quote:

Well, perhaps there's yet another option. As I recall the Hawks had 6’11” hometown product Randolph Morris in camp a couple years ago after he went undrafted. He got a reprieve and was allowed to resume his career at Kentucky because he wasn’t drafted, didn’t hire an agent, and didn’t sign an NBA contract. There were issues about his work ethic awhile back. Not sure about any change in his work ethic, but his on-the-court performance has shown marked improvement since he went undrafted. He’s currently a free agent (won’t go back into the draft) who can sign with any NBA team. Is it plausible that the Hawks might be looking to use some of their available cap room to put this ‘high 1st round quality’ big under contract before the end of this season? Any reason to think we shouldn’t offer him top 3 type money and a 3-4 year deal? Any reason to think he would not sign with the hometown team if all else is equal? Any reason to think that this possibility might not be an element of any internal contemplations as the Hawks hold organizational discussions about who they could offer in an AI (or other) trade proposal?

I think going after Morris when the UK season ends is a good idea, but don't think it will take a 12-16M contract to do it. The guy isn't viewed as a lottery talent and the premium for getting him as a FA shouldn't be that high.

I agree Randolph Morris is a solid big no doubt but he is a second round pick at best. There is a reason why he went undrafted last time he came out. He still is lazy out there on the court but he has improved his offensive game a lot this year. I've watched Kentucky play a few times this season and he has developed a nice 15ft jumpshot but he doesn't play a whole lot of defense. He still needs to add weight as well. He looked skinny in their game saturday against Indiana.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

b. when have you ever been right about anything?

He was right about Ivey. I have to give him that.

you see Johnny that's as far as you needed to go tongue.gif

i am a reasonable person.... for the most part tongue.gif

If anyone is afraid to be wrong on HS, they are on the wrong blog. Sooner or later it will catch up with everyone, especially the way some folks twist the truth.